Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 10:08 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,044,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Ok, so my house is up for sale...(due to my hub's commute being so long)tolls/gas...everything adds up....and need to sell BUT also not desperate and have good credit.

I told my realtor we may go the FSBO route....Realtor tells me in one email (after a month of not getting back to me)that there is no one looking at houses right now, only bargain hunters. Ok, with that feedback I thought, why not FSBO..... maybe I can lower the price 15k and then go from there....I spoke to her a few days ago and she suggests to do a SHORT SALE ! A SHORT SALE I proclaimed! I said we are current with our mtg. payments and are NEVER late... Then she proceeds to tell me that it's only on my credit for 2 years? Funny, because after looking it up it's 7! LOL..just out of curiosity! I played along and said, oh really? then how would I go about getting a house after my credit would be shot/ruined! for a family of 4! She said, well, you wouldn't be able to for at least 2 years!" I said, where would we go? She said she didn't know!. I call that greedy, underhanded and just awful for a realtor to even tell me this!!!!! so she can still make a bloody commission...anyway she possibly can! How unethical can one be? How could she even suggest this when we aren't losing our house!?

Your thoughts? would you want a realtor like this? She had told me when I signed with her for a 6 month term that if I was not happy I could break the contract with her...She then writes an email stating that no, sorry, you cannot until Nov. when contract is up=====after she specifically on the phone told me if I wanted to go that route then I might have to.........wth!!!
Quote:
Hi Norm. The last agent I had I thought was bad *she moved to a different location and never told us*. We got rid of her and went with someone more "local" thinking we would drum up more business.... It's like loser's lottery for us with our luck lately! How can someone say this just so she can make a commission and then think it's ok for us to be out on the streets of NJ lol with nowhere to go!?? Our credit is decent. I cannot believe the audacity of this woman.
Quote:
Why would she tell me I can back out of the contract if I am not happy during the 6 month term then? I will probably have to go through the broker and see what can be done.
I agree with Tish here - below standard service levels (1 month to respond??????) and I'm sure you haven't given every example of low service levels, she tells you on the phone that she'd be happy to cancel your contract, then emails you 'nope, you're stuck until XX time'. I would have a sit down with the Broker and the agent, bring every email communication and put together a 'diary' of every instance of service levels or the lack thereof, including encouraging you to do a SS. I mean really, SS are not the way to go unless one is 'forced' into those situations and you have good credit that would be dinged bad if you went that route. This is just absurd and possibly with a face-to-face with Broker and agent, the Broker will just let you out of your contract, keep things amicable then kick that agent in the you-know-what. An agent's conduct reflects on the brokerage itself and I'll tell ya, if this was one of mine well . . . it wouldn't be pretty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 11:05 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Ok, so my house is up for sale...(due to my hub's commute being so long)tolls/gas...everything adds up....and need to sell BUT also not desperate and have good credit.

I told my realtor we may go the FSBO route....Realtor tells me in one email (after a month of not getting back to me)that there is no one looking at houses right now, only bargain hunters. Ok, with that feedback I thought, why not FSBO..... maybe I can lower the price 15k and then go from there....I spoke to her a few days ago and she suggests to do a SHORT SALE ! A SHORT SALE I proclaimed! I said we are current with our mtg. payments and are NEVER late... Then she proceeds to tell me that it's only on my credit for 2 years? Funny, because after looking it up it's 7! LOL..just out of curiosity! I played along and said, oh really? then how would I go about getting a house after my credit would be shot/ruined! for a family of 4! She said, well, you wouldn't be able to for at least 2 years!" I said, where would we go? She said she didn't know!. I call that greedy, underhanded and just awful for a realtor to even tell me this!!!!! so she can still make a bloody commission...anyway she possibly can! How unethical can one be? How could she even suggest this when we aren't losing our house!?

Your thoughts? would you want a realtor like this? She had told me when I signed with her for a 6 month term that if I was not happy I could break the contract with her...She then writes an email stating that no, sorry, you cannot until Nov. when contract is up=====after she specifically on the phone told me if I wanted to go that route then I might have to.........wth!!!
Contact her broker in charge and tell him/her what you have told us.

The realtor would be a vindictive fool to make you stick with the contract at this point, as you could clearly let everyone in your area know what you think of them, adversely effecting their reputation.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:11 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,504 times
Quote:

Dirty rotton, sheep in wolves clothing, poor excuse for an agent
Uh-uh there is no excuse for her suggesting a short sale. I will guess she would know the ways to make it happen for you if you chose to go that route. I don't think she is as innocent as someone suggested. I hear talk of people getting away with doing short sales who really shouldn't qualify to. I would guess you could qualify by saying you have to relocate for work.

Go to her broker...tell them the story...and say you want out, now. Bet it will be no problem after you give 'em a piece of your mind! The nerve of that woman

Old 07-26-2009, 11:14 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,025,051 times
Again, file an ethics commplaint with the New Jersey Realtors Association. You can also file a complaint with the stte licensing board. If you don't file a formal written complaint, this same person will go on to do the same thing to others. Formal complaints are the best way to get rid of the bad eggs.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:16 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Again, file an ethics commplaint with the New Jersey Realtors Association. You can also file a complaint with the stte licensing board. If you don't file a formal written complaint, this same person will go on to do the same thing to others. Formal complaints are the best way to get rid of the bad eggs.
Good advice!

Old 07-26-2009, 06:46 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Dirty rotton, sheep in wolves clothing, poor excuse for an agent
Uh-uh there is no excuse for her suggesting a short sale. I will guess she would know the ways to make it happen for you if you chose to go that route. I don't think she is as innocent as someone suggested. I hear talk of people getting away with doing short sales who really shouldn't qualify to. I would guess you could qualify by saying you have to relocate for work.

Go to her broker...tell them the story...and say you want out, now. Bet it will be no problem after you give 'em a piece of your mind! The nerve of that woman
thanks Goldie, Annerk and all for replying!! I will definitely be doing something soon lol.......It is crazy.

Silverfall-
Quote:
Your agent suggested it because she is misinformed about short sales. I can't see how you would even qualify for one. It is true that there have been some successful short sale negotiations that have occurred with people that are current on their mortgages, but these are typically folks that have relocated across the country for work and are heading towards insolvency or something has occurred and they are headed towards insolvency.

Since you can make your payments and are essentially just moving to ease expenses, I don't see a bank agreeing to a short for you. You agent is also confused about how a short impacts your credit. It does stay on your credit report for 7 years, but you are eligible to purchase a new home after two years, assuming you have the credit to do so at that point. I think she is confused about what that two year period is for.

If I remember correctly, isn't this agent the buyer agent you were using in the area that you wanted to move to? She covers your area where you want to sell, but is not truly active in your local area?
Silver-- No, that was the other realtor. We got rid of her because she was the one who lived 45 mi. away...(and our buyers agent when we bought this home currently)..We ended up going with a diff. one in the area --I think I have broken one too many mirrors in my life LOL>>>>>>>

Old 07-26-2009, 06:47 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
I agree with Tish here - below standard service levels (1 month to respond??????) and I'm sure you haven't given every example of low service levels, she tells you on the phone that she'd be happy to cancel your contract, then emails you 'nope, you're stuck until XX time'. I would have a sit down with the Broker and the agent, bring every email communication and put together a 'diary' of every instance of service levels or the lack thereof, including encouraging you to do a SS. I mean really, SS are not the way to go unless one is 'forced' into those situations and you have good credit that would be dinged bad if you went that route. This is just absurd and possibly with a face-to-face with Broker and agent, the Broker will just let you out of your contract, keep things amicable then kick that agent in the you-know-what. An agent's conduct reflects on the brokerage itself and I'll tell ya, if this was one of mine well . . . it wouldn't be pretty.
C21- you always give the best advice!! Isn't it crazy? Can we say Loser's lottery for me? Again, I am not bashing all realtors by any crazy means!! just been dealt with a bunch of bad apples in the bunch.............

I AM REPPING YOU ALL!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate