Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 07:39 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,670,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekychick View Post
I see photos of ours on the MLS. Can someone check 803 Highland Dr, Andover, KS?
No pictures for that address, if that is what you were asking, on realtor.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 12:01 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,255,953 times
You agent can post up to 10 pictures on Realtor.com without incurring additional fees. They are having some issues with some MLS systems that are not feeding property. Check with your agent on there.

As far as other sites such as Trulia etc, the agent has to enter the listing and upload the pictures. You mention that you used a discount Realtor, you may not get that part of the service from them.

Naima

Old 07-29-2009, 07:16 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,162,803 times
From what I've seen from a few agents, the realtor dot com data generally give more information than realtor listings.

Often realtors keep the address secret. While that may be an effort to generate phone calls, it sends me away never to return.

And I'm amazed at the frequent poor quality and minimal number of photos. Even at sub-100K, with digital photography it's not too hard to generate 10-12 reasonably good pictures.

Oh, DON'T FORGET THE KITCHEN AND THE MBR. Amazing how many lack kitchen photos, the first thing my wife wants to see.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:22 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post

Oh, DON'T FORGET THE KITCHEN AND THE MBR. Amazing how many lack kitchen photos, the first thing my wife wants to see.
If there are no pix of the kitchen, there is a reason.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:39 PM

145 posts, read 609,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Why not ask your agent why there are no pictures on realtor.com?
I did.. at first he said it cost to put them on there. They do only charge 4.9%. I understood that and questioned my hiring him. Then I posted here on the board and called an old friend who is a realtor in another state. She verified that if there are pictures on MLS then their should be some on realtor.com as it posts several for free. So TODAY after my neighbor who is selling there house had 3 more showings.. mine didn't. I did a little research. On my realtor's website he lists the houses that he has contracts on. I looked up those addresses on realtor.com. Who knew??? !!##(@#* THOSE pictures are showing up.

So.... I called him back AGAIN and told him what you all told me here.. about if there are pictures on MLS then there should be some at realtor.com. I also said that I just want the same exposure as his other clients and I could see that they had pics on realtor.com. He said... he would call realtor.com and see what is going on. I lost 2 good weeks!!!

2 weeks 1 showing.. in 2 weeks my neighbor had 6 showings. I have a 3 bedroom upstairs, newer, and larger... there had to be a reason my house is not getting showings.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Realtor.com vs others... hands down.. I learned if you do not have a picture on at realtor.com you will not get the showings.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:04 AM

148 posts, read 585,134 times
The pictures are showing up on Realtor.com now.
Sometimes it takes a couple days for the pictures, or the whole listing, to post there. I dunno if it's something to do with realtor.com itself or the mls data that feeds into it, but it's acted screwy when I've tried to post things before, too.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:43 PM

Thanks for everyone's input. Raine, I agree.. something is screwy with realtor.com... my agent had to call them.

We are so excited that they are showing at realtor.com.

However, 2 lessons learned here..
1. If you are selling a house.. and your house is in the MLS.. make sure your pictures are at realtor.com... if not your agent should call realtor.com to get them to "suck" them into their site.

2. If you are buying a house... do a searche at all real estate sites... like Zillow and Trulia... I do like how Trulia's posts for the buyers Days posted on website.
Always look at the selling agents website. Do not just go with realtor.com

Old 08-03-2009, 06:10 PM

2,718 posts, read 5,358,488 times
WOW! You have a gorgeous home, geekychic!

Old 08-04-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleasach View Post
WOW! You have a gorgeous home, geekychic!

Thanks! We have had 3 showings...

Our realtor sends out a survey to the buyer's agent to get feedback. We then get to read the surveys. The first showing said it was 1st on her list, curb appeal is excellent and she may want a second showing. We hope the house goes before 60 days which is the standard here currently.

It makes me feel good to know that we have a great house and hopefully it will sell quickly.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:48 AM

250 posts, read 683,400 times
[quote=geekychick;9987801]We just listed our home. Our realtors do not post pictures on Realtor.com, however, our house is listed on there. They do post pictures on Trulia.com and Zillow.com and Yahoo Real Estate, MLS Listings, Craigslist and they have their own website. They do charge less commission. We thought we would have a showing by now
(1.5 weeks). Our house is spotless and staged very well. The pictures on line look good.

Is it the only way to get showings is to have pictures on Realtor.com?

Are people who are looking for houses only using the the one website?

I use a bunch of websites....pictures are a must. Realtor and GSMLS are my main websites... I only use the others for comps, taxes and locations.
Good Luck

Best websites to research before buying a home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate