Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 02:48 PM

6 posts, read 23,391 times

Advertisements

I'm male, single, 30+ living in Dallas, TX. Dallas is not that bad, I actually like it in terms of quality of living compared to when I used to live in Jersey City area back in 2001. But dating here is pretty slow for me.

Now, I've been thinking of moving to NYC (not necessarily live in NYC). I guess my goal is have more fun, meet more people, and maybe find the right girl.

Is moving back to NYC a good move for me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 03:16 PM

120 posts, read 438,101 times
depends, can you get a higher paying job in NYC?

Old 08-12-2009, 03:32 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,972,181 times
Only you can answer that. I am originally from NYC....glad to be out of there. I wouldn't want to raise my kids there. If you enjoy Dallas, why not find ways to meet women?

Old 08-12-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snifferer View Post
depends, can you get a higher paying job in NYC?
Not really higher... but I can get 6 figures. I'm in IT.

Actually I got a good offer for contract hourly for 6months+ there. Could be my step to move back there. But I'm not so sure to take it coz I'm so used to Dallas. A nice townhouse apartment here cost under a 1000. I can maybe set 1500 if I'll move there.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:07 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,608,492 times
The cost of living in the city is almost twice that of Dallas.

Will you have enough money left over to have fun and date?

Since you like the standard of living in Dallas, why not do some volunteer work or take up a new interest and meet new people?

Why not consider dance lessons. There is almost always a shortgage of guys and any guy who can dance is well, likely to meet a lot of new people.

( You do know this is the real estate forum, don't you?)

Old 08-12-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamitrail View Post
Only you can answer that. I am originally from NYC....glad to be out of there. I wouldn't want to raise my kids there. If you enjoy Dallas, why not find ways to meet women?
I guess I'm not exactly trying to meet women. There's just not enough happenings here so the chances of meeting the one is not so good compared in NYC (I think).

I just wanna hangout, do stuffs and meet the one in the process.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
( You do know this is the real estate forum, don't you?)
I know .
I don't know why the moderator moved it here from NYC board.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:26 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,608,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1015 View Post
I know .
I don't know why the moderator moved it here from NYC board.
Actually, some of us appreciate the diversion.

Now, about those ballroom dance lessons.......

Old 08-12-2009, 08:04 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,337,896 times
Quote:
I guess I'm not exactly trying to meet women. There's just not enough happenings here so the chances of meeting the one is not so good compared in NYC (I think).

I just wanna hangout, do stuffs and meet the one in the process.

We are trying to get out of Jersey!! NY is wayy overpriced! I wouldn't do it!!!!!!!!! too much corruption going on lol...........

Old 06-23-2010, 02:25 PM

186 posts, read 218,222 times
Quote:
I'm male, single, 30+ living in Dallas, TX. Dallas is not that bad, I actually like it in terms of quality of living compared to when I used to live in Jersey City area back in 2001. But dating here is pretty slow for me.

Now, I've been thinking of moving to NYC (not necessarily live in NYC). I guess my goal is have more fun, meet more people, and maybe find the right girl.

Is moving back to NYC a good move for me?
O.M.G. A REAL COWBOY.

Um. Please do come.

No seriously, have you seen this map? If you are hetero, go east, young man. You'll get lucky here, by a frenzied, neurotic population of desperate, attention-starved groupie-like female Manhattanites.

So unless you're either 1. ugly 2. have the social skills of a cosmonaut in orbit for 6 years or 3. are completely insane and not interested in hiding it, you're good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate