Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2011, 07:45 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas0814 View Post
Who said anything about solving crime?
I just don't want these losers in life getting a nearly free apt. while I have to travel to another state for work (NJ to NYC), survive on a low income and suffer with no reduced rent.
I didn't go off and have kids with a deadbeat man and if they didn't, they wouldn't be eating up my taxes with a section 8 apt. They made a ignorant decision, in some cases 3 and 4 bad decisions.

Angry!
Your problems stem from living in an overpriced area. Move if you are as miserable as you come across with your current situation.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 04:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,553 times
wow. that's all i have to say. wow.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:13 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj7 View Post
I'm sorry your dealing with this. There is garbage can heads everywhere you turn and on every street. Your best bet is to record each incident for about a 3 month period of time and then take in the hard facts to the home owner who is renting out their rental properties. But keep the owners informed the whole time. (they won't record incidents)
If that doesn't work, bring the matter to the housing authority that's flipping the bill. It sounds drug/alcohol/oppression stuff you want no part of and neither does section 8.
If there is allot of unusual traffic of vehicles from these places. record plates to go along with your complaints. This can be reported to local authorities.
Best of luck to you.
ps. if your out numbered ie... more gangsters than normal people in that area, home owners or not. move.
And as soon as he gets settled into his new place in a new area that should be just enough time to get slapped with a deficiancy judgement. Make sure there are no ties to your new address with your lender because they have to supina you in order to get a judgement. However if you are with the same employer you are screwed, they will likely send it through your employer or wait in the parking lot.

I am guessing they could even find your new employer since you likely had to list your past employer as a refererence. Good luck, this is the new way of things in the USA, honest hard working people get the shaft while useless trash get to move into your house and you get taken to court.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:35 AM

23 posts, read 111,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj7 View Post
I'm sorry your dealing with this. There is garbage can heads everywhere you turn and on every street. Your best bet is to record each incident for about a 3 month period of time and then take in the hard facts to the home owner who is renting out their rental properties. But keep the owners informed the whole time. (they won't record incidents)
If that doesn't work, bring the matter to the housing authority that's flipping the bill. It sounds drug/alcohol/oppression stuff you want no part of and neither does section 8.
If there is allot of unusual traffic of vehicles from these places. record plates to go along with your complaints. This can be reported to local authorities.
Best of luck to you.
ps. if your out numbered ie... more gangsters than normal people in that area, home owners or not. move.
We have one of these "problem properties" on our block in Minneapolis.. Been dealing with trying to get the renter out since a drive by shooting occurred in August. Since then, the police have lectured her, and things were ok until recently. Parties every weekend, public urination, garbage, drugs and alcohol. Contacted the landlords numerous times, to no avail. Housing authority is our last recourse. Our house values are low enough, we don't need them to be hurt anymore by thuggery and criminal activity.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,266 times
I am in a similar situation, where my neighbor is a section 8 queen with, god knows how many, kids screaming ALL DAY and NIGHT until 2am watching loud movies on their huge flat screen TV, while I can't even afford having cable, let alone a TV. They put their music so loud during the day that they have to yell at each other to over-hear the loudness of the music. I can't even open my windows anymore due to loud impounding noise and incoherent screeching screaming voices like in jungle. I am hot and roasting in my house during summer since the nuisance is overwhelming. I can't believe how welfare in this country turned these people so proud and violent for being poor while fed by food stamps and welfare. Thanks to blind welfare system these people would never have to beg anyone for food or money in their lifetime. Certainly, they never have to beg for work. Oh, did I mention they all drive new expensive cars like Cadillac SUV, and Lexus that barely fit in their small garage. I am driving a Honda Civic. I almost wish I just get pregnant and get on welfare as soon as possible, so i can end my miserable life of paying mortgage, insurance and HOA fees on an underwater house while dealing with this over-privileged, ignorant, rude, disrespectful neighbor who doesn't even pay her utility bills on her own. I literally cried in bed thinking how smart they are gaming the welfare system, and how misfortune for me to have put 10 years of savings for a down payment and thinking I finally had a home of my own. It is UNJUST and UNFAIR. All these years of I worked hard breaking my arms and legs, the welfare system just encourages these people to have an exact same home as mine but they don't have to do anything other than just sit on their couch laughing and talking loud while they watch their favorite TV shows and movies and listening to rap music, the process which continues until midnight or later and sometimes 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning. Unlike them, I have to get up at 6:30 am for work. I cried and I cried for how cruel this was to me. My home was my pride and joy, and represented my years of hard work, but these people can just move in one day next to me and tell me to EAT their ****. I wish I could move out like some of you are suggesting, but I am underwater and already paid so much for my mortgage, literally 15 years of hard work, sweat and tears. I can't even get my down-payment of 60,000 back, not to mention I would owe money to the bank if I foreclosed. I am bitter. I can't even bring anyone home anymore, since I can't bare the site and shame in which my years of work yielded an equivalent of section 8 voucher could do. Is anyone listening from HUD?! When is it enough?! How much sacrifice do they want from me?! Do they want me to bleed for them?! I will probably bleed in the end and get shot by this neighbor in my neighborhood where my American Dream was ruined and smothered into ashes. How UNJUST and CRUEL!!!

Old 08-01-2012, 08:45 PM

10,113 posts, read 19,394,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haywardca View Post
I am in a similar situation, where my neighbor is a section 8 queen with, god knows how many, kids screaming ALL DAY and NIGHT until 2am watching loud movies on their huge flat screen TV, while I can't even afford having cable, let alone a TV. They put their music so loud during the day that they have to yell at each other to over-hear the loudness of the music. I can't even open my windows anymore due to loud impounding noise and incoherent screeching screaming voices like in jungle. I am hot and roasting in my house during summer since the nuisance is overwhelming. I can't believe how welfare in this country turned these people so proud and violent for being poor while fed by food stamps and welfare. Thanks to blind welfare system these people would never have to beg anyone for food or money in their lifetime. Certainly, they never have to beg for work. Oh, did I mention they all drive new expensive cars like Cadillac SUV, and Lexus that barely fit in their small garage. I am driving a Honda Civic. I almost wish I just get pregnant and get on welfare as soon as possible, so i can end my miserable life of paying mortgage, insurance and HOA fees on an underwater house while dealing with this over-privileged, ignorant, rude, disrespectful neighbor who doesn't even pay her utility bills on her own. I literally cried in bed thinking how smart they are gaming the welfare system, and how misfortune for me to have put 10 years of savings for a down payment and thinking I finally had a home of my own. It is UNJUST and UNFAIR. All these years of I worked hard breaking my arms and legs, the welfare system just encourages these people to have an exact same home as mine but they don't have to do anything other than just sit on their couch laughing and talking loud while they watch their favorite TV shows and movies and listening to rap music, the process which continues until midnight or later and sometimes 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning. Unlike them, I have to get up at 6:30 am for work. I cried and I cried for how cruel this was to me. My home was my pride and joy, and represented my years of hard work, but these people can just move in one day next to me and tell me to EAT their ****. I wish I could move out like some of you are suggesting, but I am underwater and already paid so much for my mortgage, literally 15 years of hard work, sweat and tears. I can't even get my down-payment of 60,000 back, not to mention I would owe money to the bank if I foreclosed. I am bitter. I can't even bring anyone home anymore, since I can't bare the site and shame in which my years of work yielded an equivalent of section 8 voucher could do. Is anyone listening from HUD?! When is it enough?! How much sacrifice do they want from me?! Do they want me to bleed for them?! I will probably bleed in the end and get shot by this neighbor in my neighborhood where my American Dream was ruined and smothered into ashes. How UNJUST and CRUEL!!!

I know....this is what happened to my family in Detroit. I fled, found a new life in Texas, now I'm part of the problem, "white flight" Just WTH was a fleeing from? A paradise---hardly!

My parents house was bought on a VA loan, Dad busted his behind working to pay the mortgage, etc. My grandfather lived in the same neighborhood, he built his own house by hand, dug the foundation, drove every nail, grandmother helped. That's sweat equity! They were forced out of their homes by drug gangs, welfare cheats, etc, etc....Please, no great debate about how whites fleeing destroyed the neighborhood, it was already destroyed when they left. Just before they fled, the neighbor next door was shot and killed. Their lovely home and neighborhood, that they built with their own hands, is just a pile of rubble now........nothing left for me, my children, they spent their last days on earth in fear........WTH did they do to hurt anyone? That's what they got from life? the leavings?

Old 08-02-2012, 09:06 AM

762 posts, read 1,099,255 times
I was starting to whine about the ex-squatters relocating into my area—you know, the wannabe middle class with 4 cars & 2~4 kids. Thanks for making me realize how lucky I truly am; these new arrivals are much classier than Section8 tenants.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:35 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,236,907 times
Hayward & Marylee, both your posts break my heart. No one should have to live that way, or go through what you both have. In a smaller way, my parents went through the same, but no section 8 as far as I know. Just horrible neighbors and many were illegals. The noise, mess and parties did end up making my mom cry and beg me to have them stop. She's passed on now, but I always wonder if her death was sped up by what she had to endure. Hayward, I truly worry about you and hope things change for the better soon. Have you tried to report the neighbors? If you read the whole thread, you'll find many ways to fight back. Good luck to you.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,967 times
I finally bought my first home. I did not know it was rental next door. The nice family moved out and the management company rented the home to Section 8 family. The first 6 weeks the family partied every night, used a punching bag that has a tin or metal base, that sounded like a demolition going on. The section family demanded I repair a termite rotted fence. The management company demanded I file a claim with my insurance company and pay for the fence myself. considering it is coterminous. The section neighbor demanded I fix the fence and sent her husband to bully me as he needed privacy for his pot smoking. The management put a orange mesh fence to be spiteful. I then erected another fence in limegreen and plastic, with multiple signs of keep off. running between the homes to the street. It will stay there for a very long time, as my property was devalued by the orange fencing, I thought lets see how you feel with plastic snow fencing. The section 8 neighbors, feel that everyone owes them. The program stops responsibility. Every first of the month it is weed and alcohol and beer, and loud parties. My first home is a nightmare, thank you section 8

Old 02-08-2013, 12:30 AM

5,075 posts, read 11,067,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat n california View Post
I finally bought my first home. I did not know it was rental next door. The nice family moved out and the management company rented the home to Section 8 family. The first 6 weeks the family partied every night, used a punching bag that has a tin or metal base, that sounded like a demolition going on. The section family demanded I repair a termite rotted fence. The management company demanded I file a claim with my insurance company and pay for the fence myself. considering it is coterminous. The section neighbor demanded I fix the fence and sent her husband to bully me as he needed privacy for his pot smoking. The management put a orange mesh fence to be spiteful. I then erected another fence in limegreen and plastic, with multiple signs of keep off. running between the homes to the street. It will stay there for a very long time, as my property was devalued by the orange fencing, I thought lets see how you feel with plastic snow fencing. The section 8 neighbors, feel that everyone owes them. The program stops responsibility. Every first of the month it is weed and alcohol and beer, and loud parties. My first home is a nightmare, thank you section 8
It doesn't matter if they own or rent. I had a next door neighbor that paid over $400k and he kept the place looking like a $1500/month rental. As long as you're in a cheap hood, there will be slobs. The only way to prevent it is to buy the surrounding homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate