Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 01:46 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,983,290 times

Advertisements

I don't think I'd have to worry about working too hard the rest of my life had that been me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 02:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,236 times
NO that is my house. Give it back or give me an expensive box and a hobo costume.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:25 PM

553 posts, read 1,026,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownVentura View Post
I think both sides need to be compensated. The buyer certainly had some costs including lost opportunities as his cash was tied up with this.

Mistakes do happen. I wish people were more careful about such things of importance though.
The buyer should have got himself a title insurance.

Poor woman wants to sue only for the furniture, gosh! I should take my money outa that lame bank.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:10 PM

21 posts, read 42,083 times
Oh god, that is an appalling story and unfortunately, not an uncommon one for Miami. Not only is this one of the most chaotic cities in the U.S. but the real estate market here has got to be the most insane one in terms of doing business. No logic, professionalism, timeliness, rampant scams, dishonesty everywhere. Considering that real estate can be tricky in even the best of times, people's worst instincts have taken over and you get screwed quite frequently and often. It's like one long prison rape just trying to find a decent house in a good location for a reasonable price. And a real estate agent you can trust.......well, good luck with that one! LMAO

Old 06-14-2011, 04:53 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,791,891 times
Thread resurrection

Old 06-14-2011, 07:42 AM

487 posts, read 1,358,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
It would have been nice if there had been an actual trained reporter on the story. Poorly written and poorly researched article muddies the responsibility for the error:

"The eviction came after Ramirez’s home was mistakenly auctioned off to the highest bidder by her bank, Washington Mutual (yes, we know WaMu is now Chase, but we're in denial)."

OR?

"A mistake in the Miami-Dade Clerk's Office appears to be behind the mishap, which landed Ramirez homeless for more than 24 hours.
The sale was eventually reversed by a Miami-Dade judge. "

So, did the bank sell it, or did the sheriff sell it?
Totally agree here.
The article was poorly written.
That last quote could imply that the home owner was in the early stages of default and was taking the correct steps.
Bad choice of wording.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:18 AM

575 posts, read 1,778,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Thread resurrection
Yep, so I did a little digging to try and find an update. It was kind of what I figured.

Yes, there was a clerical error related to the eviction, but the foreclosure itself was not in error. So the claim by Ms Ramirez that "this came out of nowhere" was nonsense.

Here's a heads-up for next time... if you stop paying your mortgage, the bank can take back the property.

It sounds like the case was resolved fairly quickly though. That's good.

Link to article containing brief update statement:

http://blogs.wsj.com/developments/20...ld-at-auction/

Old 06-15-2011, 10:36 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
Yep, so I did a little digging to try and find an update. It was kind of what I figured.

Yes, there was a clerical error related to the eviction, but the foreclosure itself was not in error. So the claim by Ms Ramirez that "this came out of nowhere" was nonsense.

Here's a heads-up for next time... if you stop paying your mortgage, the bank can take back the property.

It sounds like the case was resolved fairly quickly though. That's good.

Link to article containing brief update statement:

Whoops! Florida Woman Accidentally Evicted - Developments - WSJ
Thanks. There are always more than one side to every story.
A substantial majority of loan mods eventually end up in foreclosure too.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 278 times
HERE IS MY HORROR STORY IN RETURN:

I have been fighting my brother over a year and a half, I was selling him a piece of land in which he stopped paying on it the 4th will be 7 months ago. He has threatened my life the life of my dogs, he has cursed and screamed at me the entire time he has lived here. He has tried 4 times to put me in jail because I won't allow him any further USE of my utilities VIA a extension cord when he was given written notice 3 times to get his own utilities, and 3 written notices to vacate the premises also. the only coarse of action I can take is to have him evicted costing me 235 dollars, and if you ask me it is crazy that we have to pay to get someone off our land. There was no written contract, although he was to pay an attorney to draw up a purchase contract. He never made the down payment he never paid on time, he stopped paying before it was paid for and stopped paying anything to use my utilities and I now have my second injunction against him in which the CRAZY judge allowed him to stay on the property saying he would not allow it to be a cheap eviction, THE JUDGE NEVER CALLED MY WITNESS THAT WAS WITNESS TO HIM HAVING THREATENED MYSELF AND MY DOGS, WHO SAW HIM WITH A GUN "HE IS A FELON" THE JUDGE IN MY OPINION FAILED TO DO HIS DUTY IN FAILING TO CALL MY WITNESS AND TAKE FOR MY BROTHERS WORD THAT HE HAD NOT DONE THE THINGS HE HAD DONE TO AND AGAINST ME. DCF EVEN SAID I HAD A DEFAMATION LAWSUIT AGAINST HIM, HE HAS POSTED ALL MY PRIVATE INFORMATION PUBLIC, CALLED ME EVERY NAME IN THE BOOK PUBLIC DEALS DRUGS DAY AND NIGHT FROM THE CAMPER, HAS RAW SEWAGE GOING ONTO MY PROPERTY AND NOTHING NOT A SINGLE DAMN PLACE HAS DONE ANYTHING ABOUT IT. CODE ENFORCEMENT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED 3 TIMES DONE NOTHING, SHERIFF DEPARTMENT NOTIFIED REPEATEDLY DONE NOTHING. WHAT THE HELL IS A PERSON TO DO WHEN NOT ONE SINGLE PLACE THAT ENFORCES THE LAW GIVES A DAMN

all in Okaloosa County, Florida
Holt/Crestview

Old 06-26-2020, 12:45 PM

3,804 posts, read 9,322,191 times
dogs
jail
extension cord
"coarse"
injunction
witness that was witness
drugs
raw sewage

Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate