Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 09:02 PM

19 posts, read 134,707 times

Advertisements

Forgot to mention. My dad had/has a lot with back taxes. He bought in back in the 80's. Funny thing is everything developed AROUND it. When I was taking real estate classes my teacher looked it up and said that particular lot/area for some reason did not have a mud district to it? Anyway, is there a way to get a hold of the land finding what he owes. Perhaps it could be used as collateral? Or sold to help fund my project?

Thanks,
DN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 09:12 PM

19 posts, read 134,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
When you buy a car/truck, the insured car/truck is collateral. In this case, you have no collateral. It's not your house.
-Gotcha

You may be your parent's age, if and when, you inherit whatever might be left within their estate.
-At this rate.... Maybe sooner

If they are like most folk, they will need every cent for their own retirement:
-Dad was bad with money. Mom didn't work. Therefore I am their retirement funder..
Medical expenses and extended care:
-Brother takes care of that portion.
None of us know what the future holds.
-Is exactly why i play the lotto.
And God forbid, they might have to take care of you, if you became injured or got sick.
- Secretly disguised as a broke version of super man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate