U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 10:34 AM

56 posts, read 481,895 times

Advertisements

I wasn't going to do a separate pool inspection at this time.

The sellers had fully disclosed that the pool has not been opened for 4 yrs and also clearly stated that they make no representation about its condition in the contract. I am fully prepared for the pool to be something that I'll need to fix after we take ownership of the house.

And yes, the cheap ugly fence (if they actually agree to it!) will be the band-aid I need in order to get insurance coverage, so I'll just count my blessings.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 04:03 AM

1 posts, read 775 times
I Have an Above Ground Pool with Deck and fenced in want to go higher on fence for safety reasons, What do i need to Do?

Old 04-03-2013, 06:12 AM

3,310 posts, read 6,623,975 times
> Only a cash buyer would be able to buy the house without the enclosure

The only way you can buy this house is with cash. You can't get a mortgage without insurance.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:39 AM

2,431 posts, read 5,166,886 times
I had an issue with the roof of a home I was purchasing. I can't remember if it was the insurance company or the lending company that wouldn't go forward unless I installed a new roof. I wasn't going to, on a property that I didn't own yet, and the sellers didn't want to either. We came up with a solution -- I got estimates and put $1.5x the estimate into an escrow account. After settlement, I put the roof on, which was paid for out of the escrow account. Could you do something like this?

Old 04-03-2013, 10:21 AM

6,163 posts, read 12,125,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancunjean View Post
I Have an Above Ground Pool with Deck and fenced in want to go higher on fence for safety reasons, What do i need to Do?
Very possibly nothing, other than the actual work of changing the fence. Since there is already a fence, you may be able to change that fence without needing any kind of permit. Just to be sure, you should call whatever governmental office it is in your area that regulates fences, and ask them the question. All of us here on the internet can guess & speculate, but unless we are familiar with the laws & regulations of yourr area, we can't give a definitive answer.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:23 AM

6,163 posts, read 12,125,884 times
The original post, to which some of us are responding (I almost did, but caught it before I hit POST) is several years old and likely resolved. CancunJean reopened the thread in post 12 with a slightly different issue.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:45 AM

27,894 posts, read 37,855,960 times
Anyone else with the same problem, rent a fence from a security company long enough to get the sale closed and get a very secure fence up immediately. The liability for a pool is enormous and will bankrupt you if a child gets hurt.

If a child gets hurt and you have a fence, it will still bankrupt you, so the fence has to be good enough to keep a creative child off your property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate