Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 10:06 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post

She actually turned in an agent and his inspector last week. They were in cohoots with each other and he didn't follow the terms of the contract at all nor any code of conduct.
Inspector or appraiser?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 10:08 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annemieke Roell View Post
Besides, who cares how much it cost. That is totally irrelevant for the appraiser to know.

When you get the appraisal and want a review I'd be happy to do a USPAP compliance review on it for you in case you want to file a complaint. My partner and I do those to help clean up our profession. DM me for my email address.

MODS ..... THIS IS AN OFFER TO PROVIDE A SERVICE FREE OF CHARGE, NOT AN ATTEMPT TO SOLICIT BUSINESS.

And good for your mother!!!
Thanks. I'm eagerly awaiting getting the appraisal after that encounter. I'll let you know how it turns out. It should appraise no problem as I'd already had comps pulled before he even came out. Didn't tell him this at all nor even mention that I have a friend or relative that is a realtor. I stayted totally neutral as I didn't want him swayed at all in any direction. Just gave him what he asked for and even had other things ready for him that I've been asked for in the past. Which he didn't want, he was a strange duck.

Well, the seller which is my mom's client also turned him in and even called an attorney. The seller is a relative and that is even disclosed on the listing. This guy had 1 inspector he used and even told my mom that. What an idiot . The inspector turned to ask my mother something as the seller has already moved out of state and the other agent yelled at him to not talk to her. The inspector broke the pool equipment and put a hole in a wall. Then the agent waited over 24 hours PAST the option time to send her an email to tell them they were backing out and said the inspection was what did it in. Not a bright person to start with for ANY profession.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:10 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Inspector or appraiser?
She turned in a Realtor AND the inspector.

I'm anxious to see my appraisal and if he is a true idiot I might be turning him in. Maybe this is the time to clean out the pool of the people that don't need to be in business.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:13 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,544,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Maybe this is the time to clean out the pool of the people that don't need to be in business.
Yes it is. And you will have more success if you turn in an appraisal that has been reviewed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate