Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 07:04 PM

1 posts, read 792 times

Advertisements

how can i find out who is the owner where iam currently renting and now i have to move out by july 31st and i just moved in july1 i live in orlando fl please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 08:06 PM

4,567 posts, read 10,609,429 times
I would assume the person who asked you to move out is the owner.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:44 PM

6,410 posts, read 10,222,010 times
You can go to your county tax appraiser's internet site and find out by entering the property address. There is no cost as it is part of the public record.

Old 11-28-2013, 02:49 PM

1 posts, read 684 times
Hello sir i m manpreet kaur frm delhi i want 2 know that how can i get real owner of my property because i hav no documents of my house so plz help me for a right way i hav only a address of my house

Old 11-28-2013, 04:33 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,295,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianneMD View Post
Our Realtor told us that banks are actually in no hurry to sell their REOs, especially not at a bargain price. They prefer to let the occupants continue living there and prolong the foreclosure process because the market is still down in most areas. They are basically letting the foreclosed on former owners continue to squat because they are maintaining the property to a livable standard, therefore the bank doesn't have to. It saves them money while they hold the property then they can evict and sell when the prices go up. If this does not ring true, by all means let me know. There are some REOs in my city that are not sold and not on the market, The bank still owns them. I would love to try to get a great deal on one.

Not only the reasons you listed but they also levy fines on the property owner so when the property value goes up that owner will get a nice surprise that he really owes a lot more than just the loan amount.. The bank will NOT allow the owner to make money on a sale. There is no benefit for the bank to foreclose. It keeps the property/value loss off their books and they do not need to pay taxes or maintenance. When/if property values go up you can bet they will serve foreclosure papers ASAP to get that property sold.

I get offers to sell my rental properties all the time. I don't even bother looking at them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate