Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2009, 10:10 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,804 times

Advertisements

Lacey are these the inlaws you left New Jersey to live nearby??? geez...i tell you what, if someone I bothered to slave and cook a good meal said that to me I would have let her have it...maybe that's just the way she is, but man, no need for that kind of ruuuuuuudeness, ya know?

I dont know how much I'll be on today, feeling very overwhelmed with all this stuff..can't find the avon cracked heel creams I ordered a few weeks ago, they arrived and for the life of me I dont know where I put them. I feel so stupid, ugh.

chat later I hope..

Old 11-10-2009, 10:52 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,045,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
All I can say is what an ungrateful biotchski!! Holy crap Lace..In my wildest dreams I could not imagine having such horrid manners in someone's home! What a tactless wonder! Unbelievable. I would never invite her again!! All the ****ty family members we all have should get together and they can be miserable together!!

No kidding, huh? We'll disown all of them and adopt each other! Remember one time when things were say not good financially when going through never ending divorce with DS dad and DS and I went to a friend from church for lunch. DS leaned over and said 'mom, i don't like any of this food' and I very quietly told him 'I don't either, but just be grateful you have food to eat 'cause if this nice woman wouldn't have invited us over . . . ' He was very young but think that's when he started realizing that 1) be grateful for what we have 2) if you're at someones house and they cook something just suck it up don't frickin' be rude and complain.

LOL Joy! Hey, another diff. bus driver this am..and I had a big smile on my face lol AND no Miss Sally Sideway either! the one driver said that the bus driver was out with pneumonia though! This new bus driver was so friendly and kid-friendly--the most important thing of all! All I know is if I am stuck here next year at least the kids will NOT have same bus driver/aide...They get on the K-6 grade bus! and the drivers are so much nicer....Hopefully we won't have to worry about that a year from now....

Well hopefully it'll keep her out of commission for the rest of the school year - she just shouldn't be dealing with young kids but at least her replacement is a nice, kid friendly type of person.

That is too cute w/ Misty Rose and the TP LOL>>>>>>>>>>

Yeah well, you weren't the one cleaning it up LOL from now on when I leave or at night, will have to take the roll out of the holder. This is exactly why instead of say having her sleep with me and roam the house like A did, she sleeps in the bathroom (of course like I said I don't shut the door so she doesn't feel claustrophobic) until she's older. A knew what to stay out of and would only get out of bed to eat, pee then was right back in bed. She's a wild child right now lol (as she's chewing on my hair). Was trying to do stuff on website and she clawed my hand just as I hit a key, so had to start all over. Ugh. Babies LOL

Shel!!!!!!!!!!! How are you chicklet? Well glad Watsaboo got a reprieve for now for the nad surgery!! Is this the big day he gets to see his buddy Bella>?> I still cannot believe the h1n1 unit!! Did you get moved from the transplant unit ? wth girl! I feel so bad for you!!! Go steelers. Glad your team won. Sorry yours lost Joy! LOL!

I must have missed Shel saying she was moved into that unit. WTF no way! and i knew the Steelers would win, was hoping but even pseudo who is a total bronco fan said the steelers would win, so that's why I switched between game and my shows 'cause, well had a feeling and unforunately was right. Oh well, at least they lost to my other favorite team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Only the tip of the iceberg w/her. Once we were at her home and she made stew-Mr. L and I nicknamed it spew because it was so bad.
LMAO - 'spew'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Lacey are these the inlaws you left New Jersey to live nearby??? geez...i tell you what, if someone I bothered to slave and cook a good meal said that to me I would have let her have it...maybe that's just the way she is, but man, no need for that kind of ruuuuuuudeness, ya know?

I'm with you girl - I would have snatched that plate out and told them fine, why don't you order yourself a pizza you rude a@@ person!

I dont know how much I'll be on today, feeling very overwhelmed with all this stuff..can't find the avon cracked heel creams I ordered a few weeks ago, they arrived and for the life of me I dont know where I put them. I feel so stupid, ugh.

chat later I hope..
Girl not stupid - just all this moving, so many boxes! Once you get with doc and he gets you on a program where you're not in pain all the time and tired, then you can get through your boxes and stop and smell the roses. But dang, you've been through a lot girl!

Well, did some of my website maintenance, albiet with the one boo boo (thank you Misty Rose lol), gonna get dressed and in bit head to one of the mini supers to pick up some chow and, of course, cerveza. Parades, drums in town so no way I'm going to try and work at the office. The drums would literally drive me out of my mind and it's not like I have a heck of a lot left of it! Later girls!

Old 11-10-2009, 01:00 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Yep Barb-that's it. Thought things would be different. There has never been an invite for T-giving or Christmas on her end and I can imagine she's awaiting an invite this year-NOT. And i have more than the bread pudding story-LOL.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:49 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,022,807 times
Hey all! DH and I were in Target, i love looking at xmas decorations, and i said that xmas was in 6 weeks or so. doesnt feel like it at all!! i think we've been so busy, guess you lose that 'feeling' of time. anyway, better day at work, thanks for letting me 'cry' here. No Tambre, will not get a similiar job. i want to go back working with adults who are mentally challenged/disabled. Eventually get into the Natural Health field, though.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:50 PM

Oh Barb, room looks nice but Painter has great advice!

Old 11-10-2009, 08:40 PM

Stoy, hope you get the job of your dreams, its so hard working with kids especially teens, I worked in the counseling office of a high school for years, and just the average kid will make you nuts! Hope its adults this time!

I feel like I am out of body today..just not good..I know I sound like a broken record and I just need to zip it...just frustrated...have my dr appt tomorrow..I also hope DP will let me stop in a couple of my favorite shops in my old town and dosome window shopping, especially the Old Country Store. I need to find a neat ornament for an ornament exchange pretty quick, thought I might find the right one there..and it just smells so darn good in there, candles and stuff...Also going to go pick up an old hardside american tourister suitcase I saw on Craigslist for $5. I wanted to find one for Halo for our trip for his toys, lol! I want to get decals at all ou stops and decorate the suitcase for him.. Carl just looked at me like ARE YOU NUTS. Well, yes I am LOL.

Feel kind of wierd tonight, can't explain it..oh well....will zip it now..have a great evening everyone..hugs~

Old 11-10-2009, 10:28 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Shelly, thanks for the information! You are so sweet. I really, really appreciate it.
You are welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Whoo Hoo - Bronco interception lol sorry Shelly. Really good game and hopefully you're thinking about me like I am you. Well, we'll see what happens after the fat lady sings - both teams playing great bbl

Well Shel, you must be happy 21-10 Steelers. Thinking I'm hearing the old girl warmin' up to sing but we'll see if someone cuts that biatches vocal cords lol
OK...I can post my pic now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
NJS-there's NO pleasing my s-i-l w/food and she thinks she's a cook-NOT-most is unedible. True story-2 years ago when they were coming for Christmas dinner and I asked them if they would prefer cheesecake or bread pudding. They both said bread pudding. Worked my butt off and special ordered Pannetone to make it. Put it out and she said "what's that?"-and when I told her-she said I hate that crap it's wet bread .
That would have been her VERY LAST invite! What a rude azz BIOTCH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hello out there! Another FL storm under my belt and I can only pray it is the last one for me. Ida lost strength and was a Tropical storm, an extratropical storm, what ever that means. They make these garbage terms up for hype if you ask me. Anyway, winds got pretty bad but the rain, OMG, almost 6" last night. Started around 10:30 a.m. and it hasn't stopped yet, but the weather guys say it is not raining, lol. No damage or power outages here, lucked out again. So later when it does STOP raining I will be out putting everything back in its place. Hanging all the projectiles back up and putting funiture back on the patio, although I may just leave it under the deck instead, lol-looks good to me.
Glad to hear the storm was not as severe as predicted. WOW--6" of rain is a LOT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
No kidding, huh. Well considering so many parents don't spend quality time with their kids in the first place - just expect the teachers to be the parents between the 'paddle' at school and having to move my entire desk into the hall lol (i was not a good child sometimes), I sure as heck learned respect plus my folks - well my dad would get that in his eyes so I learned to shape up. Then with my son, time outs and when especially bad broke out the 'soap'. lol Course now you can't even look cross eyed at kids or they call social services.

Shelly you probably are hungover after celebrating your Steelers win over the Bronco's last night. Just kicked their butt - though Bronco's stood a change, but the Steelers are just so dang tough. Give Sir Watson a big old hug from Auntie.

Discovered during the night she must have found out how fun toilet paper is to play with. 1/2 the roll was on the floor. Sasha was like that so guess I'll have to start taking it out when she's sleeping in their. Still don't trust her to not chew on something she shouldn't so I block the door to the bathroom - don't want to close the door so I prop up a white board vertically and it fits perfect between the door frame, but yet the top 2/3 open so she doesn't 'feel' locked in. Don't want her getting claustrophobic or anything.

She just turned 6 weeks old yesterday so I figure in a couple more weeks she'll have it down better and be bigger so she doesn't need to stay in BR when I'm gone or at night - now I know darn well she'd get into stuff she shouldn't and she doesn't mind sleeping in BR, so . . . gonna let her get a little bigger then we can work on her sleeping nicely in bed with me.
I CAN'T imagine YOU having to sit in the hallway at school--I'm shocked!!

So Misty loves TP!??! What a playful little thing. At least she knows where to go to the bathroom. They say you can litter train dogs---wonder if it's too late for Watson????

I was at work last night and watched the game in my pt's room--glad she was unresponsive--there were several of us in my room cheering the Black & Gold on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post

Shel!!!!!!!!!!! How are you chicklet? Well glad Watsaboo got a reprieve for now for the nad surgery!! Is this the big day he gets to see his buddy Bella>?> I still cannot believe the h1n1 unit!! Did you get moved from the transplant unit ? wth girl! I feel so bad for you!!! Go steelers. Glad your team won. Sorry yours lost Joy! LOL!
Watson sees Bella on Saturday!
That pumpkintini sounds DELICIOUS!! How are you, Scott and kiddos? Glad to hear they had a reprieve from the NASTY bus driver.
Quote:
I feel like I am out of body today..just not good..I know I sound like a broken record and I just need to zip it...just frustrated...have my dr appt tomorrow..I also hope DP will let me stop in a couple of my favorite shops in my old town and dosome window shopping, especially the Old Country Store. I need to find a neat ornament for an ornament exchange pretty quick, thought I might find the right one there..and it just smells so darn good in there, candles and stuff...Also going to go pick up an old hardside american tourister suitcase I saw on Craigslist for $5. I wanted to find one for Halo for our trip for his toys, lol! I want to get decals at all ou stops and decorate the suitcase for him.. Carl just looked at me like ARE YOU NUTS. Well, yes I am LOL.

Feel kind of wierd tonight, can't explain it..oh well....will zip it now..have a great evening everyone..hugs~
Barb, I hope you get the right answers at the doc appt tomorrow. That has to suck to be in constant chronic pain. I remember when I had that intense shoulder pain when I herniated 2 cervical discs last Winter--I know how PAIN feels and don't wish it on anyone. I hope you get fixed up!

I LOVE that quilt and shams in your bed. I do think the walls need to be painted--the bedding blends into the walls. Perhaps a light color that is somewhere in the quilt that you can highlight and then do throw pillows and curtain panels of the same color. I like Painters idea of distressing the furniture. For the lamp shades--pick up that same color as in pillows and window treatments.

STOY--your job has to be so tough! I don't blame you for seeking out a different one in CO.

Hey everyone--didn't move out of the transplant unit--we just opened up another unit that we are staffing and we have to rotate through there as well--it is the H1N1 unit. Someone has to take care of them, but I wish it wasn't our unit.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:23 PM

Heading to bed shortly...yes I hope I get some answers at the doctor tomorrow, he had mentioned trying ritalin or adderal for some energy so will check on that..Also need to get a referral to a rheumatologist for firm diagnosis for the fibromyalgia, or have him do the tender point testing which I am not sure he did at my first visit in late Sept...can't remember. Also need to get some info on seeing a psychologist for my depression..yeah lots to do..and see if I can get some relief for my edema..legs and ankles..ugh.

I am not going to mess with that bedroom too much until after the holidays, but yes I am definitely going to shabby chic it. I think a light pastel on the walls would be awesome, with pretty print shades on those lamps, and I can probably spray paint the metal on those lamps a shabby off white..maybe sponge them or something...

My best girlfriends here are coming out on Friday morning, going to help me. They are both off track their schools now, one is a special ed elementary teacher, the other is a special ed aide and also going to college to get her teaching degree. I have known Denise for 28 years...the downturn in the mortgage industry meant she lost her job a couple years ago, after a few months of job hunting she decided that school would be her job.so she is getting her AA in June. she married real young, raised her kids, to say I am proud of her is understatement...her sister is the teacher and they live a block from each other about an hour or little more from me now. Like family. Anyway, I want to hang family pictures and also start packing up the goods for my sister..we leave for IL on the 20th. I am going to make shrimp salad and garlic bread for my girls...

Anyway, will report in either early inthe morning or after I get home in the afternoon..prayers appreciated. I don't think I can go on in this horrible pain and depression for the rest of my life some days..but I am not a QUITTER.

Night my friends~

Old 11-11-2009, 08:11 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,045,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Hey all! DH and I were in Target, i love looking at xmas decorations, and i said that xmas was in 6 weeks or so. doesnt feel like it at all!! i think we've been so busy, guess you lose that 'feeling' of time. anyway, better day at work, thanks for letting me 'cry' here. No Tambre, will not get a similiar job. i want to go back working with adults who are mentally challenged/disabled. Eventually get into the Natural Health field, though.
Yeah with all of the things going on, time passing real quick huh? Down here I never know when it is cause one day just kind of rolls into the other. Boy the countdown really has started and you're just days away. Woo Hoo! Glad you're going to work with adults this time and I think the Natural Health field would be awesome.

Quote:

Lots of prayers Barb that the doc gets you on a good regime and good you're also looking at some counseling. Depression also causes that worn out feeling so maybe between doc to help with medical issues, and one to help with how they make you feel you'll get to feeling better soon. Bug hugs.

Love the way you're going to do the room and LMAO at the american tourister suitcase for Halo with stickers Just make sure no 'my little pony stickers' in pink on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

OK...I can post my pic now!

Yeah that pretty much says it all - but it ain't over til it's over, but what can I say except guess we'll see what happens. They will play again so . . . .

Glad to hear the storm was not as severe as predicted. WOW--6" of rain is a LOT!

Yes it is - we've been having a ton of rain. Remember that one episode of HHI that was shot in Valle Escondido? Well, a lot of mudslides there and I had a huge tree blocking my short way to work which is another reason other than Misty and Holiday just didn't go to town except the once when I had to take the longer way around. Woke up this morning, cloudy overcast and gonna start pouring at any minute. Ugh. At least tree was moved so I can get to office my short way.

Carol hope you at least have some flowers that are benefiting from all the rain - cause that's the only benefit I'm seeing here. Flowers love it, joy wants sunshine.

I CAN'T imagine YOU having to sit in the hallway at school--I'm shocked!!

Yeah, I know - little perfect angel me LOL. One time and remember this was early to mid '70's okay? Zoned out and next thing I know one of my friends in class is going 'dude, what ARE you DOING????' I had lit a frickin' cigarette and thank God above the teacher had stepped out of the room I put the thing out that on that grayish 'school carpet' that's gross anyway and sprayed a ton of Jungle Gardenia. Teacher walked in and went 'so who put on perfume 'cause you girls know you're not supposed to put perfume on in class' LOL Everyone in the room was trying not to bust a gut and I just said 'oh sorry teacher I forgot', then we went back to learnin'

So Misty loves TP!??! What a playful little thing. At least she knows where to go to the bathroom. They say you can litter train dogs---wonder if it's too late for Watson????

Well some people have trained their dogs to use a toilet but I have no experience potty training a puppy to use a litter. You should pop over to the pet forum 'cause they have one's on dogs, post a pic of our boy and name the thread something like teaching a puppy to use litter box????? It's amazing the help I got with Misty over there. And yea, she loves tissue so now I just take it out of the bathroom when she has to be in there. Could be worse, but will be glad to get out of the baby stage so she can just roam free and knows what she can play with and what she can't. She too is going through the 'teething' stage and will be sooooooooooo glad when she's over that. I look like a wild beast has attacked me.

I was at work last night and watched the game in my pt's room--glad she was unresponsive--there were several of us in my room cheering the Black & Gold on!

Now you're sounding like House LMAO watching tv in an unresponsive patients room. There was an episode where he was doing that and eating their food. I just died laughing - course he watches his 'soaps' LOL

Hey everyone--didn't move out of the transplant unit--we just opened up another unit that we are staffing and we have to rotate through there as well--it is the H1N1 unit. Someone has to take care of them, but I wish it wasn't our unit.
You're right someone has to take care of them, just wish it wasn't you

Quote:

I am not going to mess with that bedroom too much until after the holidays, but yes I am definitely going to shabby chic it. I think a light pastel on the walls would be awesome, with pretty print shades on those lamps, and I can probably spray paint the metal on those lamps a shabby off white..maybe sponge them or something...

My best girlfriends here are coming out on Friday morning, going to help me. They are both off track their schools now, one is a special ed elementary teacher, the other is a special ed aide and also going to college to get her teaching degree. I have known Denise for 28 years...the downturn in the mortgage industry meant she lost her job a couple years ago, after a few months of job hunting she decided that school would be her job.so she is getting her AA in June. she married real young, raised her kids, to say I am proud of her is understatement...her sister is the teacher and they live a block from each other about an hour or little more from me now. Like family. Anyway, I want to hang family pictures and also start packing up the goods for my sister..we leave for IL on the 20th. I am going to make shrimp salad and garlic bread for my girls...

Anyway, will report in either early inthe morning or after I get home in the afternoon..prayers appreciated. I don't think I can go on in this horrible pain and depression for the rest of my life some days..but I am not a QUITTER.

Night my friends~
Let us know hon and that's so great about your BFFs coming for a visit! Prayers being sent your way you leave doc with good plan of attack on pain and lack of energy then you girls have a blast!

Everyone else you know I'm thinking about you but getting IM's from assistant and have to get ready to race to office. Going to try and make it a short day 'cause the 1 day I was gone a long time Misty didn't eat the entire day Think I need to do shorter stints at first until she realizes I'll always come back - but she was so that I was gone all day that I need to get her used to me coming and going in short spurts. She's okay if I'm only gone like an hour, but 6 or 7 makes her sad - which makes me feel bad. So . . . .

will try to check in later when I get back! Not proofing or anything so just read through the gibberish. Later!

Old 11-11-2009, 02:20 PM

Quiet day today.
Dogmom, i wanted to give you No quitting reps but i couldnt. so im sending them in spirit!
would you believe i woke up with an earache today?? our plane leaves in 14 hrs. it hurts so bad. got some stuff for it, though. Sara, downing ACV by the dixie cup full!!!
Joy, i think you missed her, too!!
Oh, tex, i wish you could avoid that unit, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate