Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2009, 03:27 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times

Advertisements

Stoy could be in CO for awhile-snowbound.

That must hurt Joy!

Old 11-14-2009, 08:30 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Went for lunch and antiqued a little-found a gorgeous, unusual nativity for DD for Christmas-it hit me so hard as soon as I saw it-she is into antiques and this is just gorgeous. Now to pack and ship.
Any chance you could post a pic before packing and shipping? I would love to see it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
OMG! @ Bella!Thank God for the diaper LOL.
Yes, I am Shel's witness to that nasty animal forum! I have no energy for people who want to "attack" others!! I just ignore them!not worth my time and they go away lol... freaks!!! (the **** brown color here is for the A-holes LOL).

Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am rooting for them Shel!!

LMAO! Glad you liked it...
Pumpkintini's consist of Capt. Morgan Rum *dont know if it's light or dark rum), butterscotch schnapps, kahlua and pumpkin spices...with a dollop of whipped cream to top it!!!!!!!!! I don't know how much of each you use though LOL. I am telling you, it is to die for.. Get one at your local TGI Friday's ASAP LOL!
Yes, Annie was a witness to the way I was treated on one thread over in the dog forum, especially by one particular poster. What a FREAK!

Thanks for rooting for my boys tomorrow!

I have to go to TGIF's and get a pumpkintini! They sound divine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Well it sounds like the 4th of July outside this morning, the guns are going off everywhere. Not kiddin' it is constant, don't know why though. It is close by though because every once in awhile I can hear yelling. Probably the idiot neighbor having a "party"...

Just updated my FSBO posts so now I will wait and see if I get any hits for the weekend. Nothing for the past 2 weeks now, holiday and Ida interferred. I would think anyone needing to move for the holidays would have already done their looking, the season for the serious buyers, lol......
Stay inside--those guns?? Are those the crazy rednecks that have no sense who are shooting off the guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Party this early, Carol??!! if ya can't beat em, join em!! (just kidding, please dont go over there!)
snowing like crazy here!! i love it! not driving in it but looking at it. More house hunting today. realtor will pick us up! saw some interesting stuff yesterday. guess it's not common sense to clean up for a showing out here! saw breakfast, saw last night's dinner.... anyway. only 4 or 5 more houses today, if we can get to them!
I can't wait to hear all about the homes you toured!! Have fun!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Good morning ladies, I actually slept in until about 7 this morning..miracle of miracles...the last two nights have been better so maybe its the new meds? I can only hope....if I can feel better with these meds and the pain pills I am taking, maybe I can avoid the pain patch. I am afraid of that thing..so fingers crossed and prayers appreciated!

Ok will check in later, wanted to say hi and that I am fairly pain free right now..WOOT!
Barb this is great---2 nights of good sleep and now you are pain free. I hope it continues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post

Really? that's flat out rude. the people on the cat forum seem nice. though did see some thread about rescue animals and of course except for my Rott who was a pure breed, I adopted/rescued all of mine - but haven't seen anyone, yet, attack someone for buying a cat. Shame people feel the need to be that way (watching Men in Black where the one alien is a dog and is being interrogated - so frickin' funny)

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course he did - boys will be boys lol and yes thank God for that diaper. Be good when sis gets her fixed but think I remember you saying she wanted to have one litter.[/b]
Yes, my sister wants Bella to have one litter and then get her spayed. Yep...they sure were rude on the one thread on the dog forum. I post there as little as possible.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:39 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,319 times
no cant be snowed in!! we fly out Monday!! saw some scary stuff today. will try to post pics but slow internet here. we are going for a second look on one house tomorrow. as i said to my sister, i love it, but im not in love with it.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:46 PM

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp111/stoymonkey/IMG_0907.jpg (broken link)

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp111/stoymonkey/IMG_0908.jpg (broken link)

so this house is off our list....

Old 11-14-2009, 09:49 PM

this is the highlight of the house we like
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp111/stoymonkey/IMG_0876.jpg (broken link)

beautiful cabinets and hardware!! love it! and the pantry to the left!

Old 11-15-2009, 04:11 AM

Oh dear Lord Stoy-what's wrong with people. We also saw some disgusting sights and now my son who's hunting for their first home said "Mom what's with people?"

Tex if I could, I would but I have never done the photo thing-I'm so illiterate. It's about a foot tall, Mary,Joseph-she is on a donkey holding Baby Jesus.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:43 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,944 times
Morning,

Wow Stoy, what was that carcass, and why was it there? Love the kitchen in the second picture. How much snow are you getting out there?

Shelley, so little Watson hasn't been able to get past the diaper with Bella. That is so funny, but so sad, lol. Sorry about how rude the people were on the Pets thread. You think they would support other animal lovers, instead of being snarky.

Barb, so glad to hear you are getting some positive results from your new meds. That is fantastic. Can't wait to see how the landscaping is coming along.

Lacey, how's Mr. L? Have you heard anything from your SIL regarding your holiday plans?

Joy, how's Shredder, uh, I mean Misty. Hope your hands and legs won't have any permanent scars. Such is motherhood. Would love to see some more pictures of your little one.

NJ, that recipe looks delicious, and unique. How are the twinadoes? That gas fireplace sounds so cozy. Glad that Ida has vacated the area. Heard there's lots of beach erosion in NJ (and all along the eastern coast).

Carol, now that it's getting colder up here, and will soon be snowing and icing, there are going to be some folks who are going to be looking at Florida as a refuge from it all. Keep the faith! You're going to sell soon.

Hi Nikki and Hammy, if you're lurking. Hi Crazyma, Goldie, Jodyrose, and everyone else. Have a great one!

Old 11-15-2009, 05:34 AM

Morning Tambre-any date yet??? It's a VA or FHA right? They are a bear but it will close.

Mr. L's fine and sil is laying low I guess as no calls or e-mails-LOL. Such a warm, fuzzy family-ugh.

That one pic from Stoy was so yuck.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:55 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Morning Ladies, All is quiet here this a.m., rather cool too at 41! Been out cleaning the water trough and refilling with fresh water and it got me goin for sure.

Stoy, I bet those houses have been sitting vacant awhile, must make them real inviting too! Are you looking specifically for a post and beam or log? If you're rural I suppose that would be best for the setting...gosh I would love to see CO. Me on about 100 acres with a fine cowboy to watch over my horses while I watch him........Oh I would be in heaven...dreamin'!

Lacey, I have several nativity scenes from my mom, she started collecting them afew yrs before she passed. But I still have my favorite from when I was a kid, guess its about 50-60 yrs old now. It really is shabby looking too and somewhere along the yrs, a head got ate off of the lamb. That critter gets fresh hay to hide it, don't want to frighten anyone away at the manger.

Tambre, I hope you are right but I have little faith in snowbirds this yr. I didn't get any hits this weekend either so that is 3 since FSBO...getting new comps Tues. from a agent.

My dd worked till midnight and had to be back in at 6 A>M>, so needless to say her end of the house is a mess. Just finished her laundry and now onto the rest of the house...no longer keeping spotless but there are no carcasses around here, lol.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:27 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning Tambre-any date yet??? It's a VA or FHA right? They are a bear but it will close.

Mr. L's fine and sil is laying low I guess as no calls or e-mails-LOL. Such a warm, fuzzy family-ugh.

That one pic from Stoy was so yuck.
Hey Lacey,

Glad that Mr. L's doing well. Family can really be a bear sometimes, and holidays sometimes bring out the worst of people, instead of the best. Maybe it's the stress, not sure. I've had my BIL say in front of his whole family, regarding my pumpkin pie, "This is disgusting". His wife was mortified, and everyone at the table was as well. She immediately made him apologize.

So, I have to tell you a story about my dogs. They sleep in our bedroom every night. So now, when they get tired at night, sometimes, they go up to the bedroom before we do, and go to sleep. It's pretty funny how human they seem sometimes.

We heard from our attorney, who heard from their attorney, that they may have word tomorrow about the closing. As Joy said, we're living in a state of perpetual anxiety. He was the one who told our attorney two weeks ago that we were "clear to close" last Wednesday, when they didn't even review the file until last Friday. It's hard, because we have to order the moving van, three days before the closing, since we are packing it ourselves.

Anyhow, I heard that Colorado is getting quite a bit of snow! Hope you can get your flight out, Stoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate