Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2009, 06:38 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times

Advertisements

Morning all - well internet started doing it's same old thing yesterday afternoon just as I was going to hit the camp. Was working GREAT, just starting catching up on work then focus a bit on play time and POOF, started it's on/off thing. Night before last even streamed my 'shut off brain' and normally i restart my computer in the AM to clear out any memory it's still holding onto - didn't, but still it worked great all through the day, then I dunno about 4-4:30PM start doing same thing. UGH. So going to have to call cable again and at least this time we have the techs cell number here in Boquete so we'll just call him directly instead of PC and putting in a service order.

Didn't go back pages 'cause while I had a spurt wanted to at least post and am typing as fast as I can while I have some service, so not spell check, separate paragraphs - just frantic typing LOL Carol that's too much rain and hope flooding subsides. Weather lately just too weird. Stoy I love your furbabbie! My God he looks huge! Lacey, well I did read it as like sub below there and now nice "Judi who". Definitely a short list for Christmas menu and I'll send you my machete just in case some of them do show up and you need to get them in line. Barb glad you're back, again, and really hope you just take it a bit easy - prayers for Carl during his surgery. Annie how's Mia feeling and hope no one else caught it. Bet you all are gearing up for Christmas. Shelly hows Watson? Didn't he get snipped and did you find out about his leg? Prayers it was just a pulled muscle and hope he's liking his new food.

I so know I forgot a ton of campers but this internet is driving me insane. Just as I thought it was fixed for good - Oh, now I see what the problem is. I was 'thinking' again. I absolutely must stop doing that

Take care my friends and hopefully tech will figure out why suddenly it started screwing up on me because as i was racing through this at almost 90wpm, saw it go off again so it's defintely having issues. XXOO

OK - now for the 4 time to try and post this

Old 12-16-2009, 06:49 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
Morning....Up and going here---NO RAIN! I am so excited to see blue in the sky, happy dance here! Even if it is for only a day, such a relief. It is windy and abit chilly but hey it is still better, right? Now if they will just be wrong about heavy rains starting tommorrow and Friday. My place is safe other than my drive has standing water and it is a mess. There are now houses with 3' of water in them and they released more water at the small damn North of the flooding, that is gonna be BAD!

Stoy, I went throught the same thing here on the ins. It showed I had a fire in my old house AND one in the place I was buying. My old house had a upstairs show drain come off and ruined my ceilings and since it was an open floor plan I had to do a big part of the ceilings over but no fire. The other was a fire but not in this house it was 3 houses down, a relative with the same last name. I had to have the previous owners relative straighten it out for me, and then I was able to get coverage, took 2 months of fighting to do it. Guess they thought I liked burning down houses, lol......crazy.

LORRIEM, I was just asking where you were! How is it going gal? How is that baby Willow doing now? Are you staying home for the holidays or heading off to the kids? So many questions!

Old 12-16-2009, 07:49 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times
Hey girls!!!
Shel- it'll be ok. Watson I bet did great. Sorry about phone. Was on other phone with hub lol...and didn't hear it...

Joy-hey girl. iffy with the computer service again? Break out the cervasa...if so lol... Mia much much better. NOSE still running but ear infection gone. On Amoxicillin for 10 days. Never a dull moment. Hub working like a dog too..Noah is good.Both excited silly for Xmas!

Lacey- your SIL is a biotch. They are as bad as my extended..Nasty!! How rude can you be? You are the sweetest and cannot believe that woman is so rude. I would like to drop kick her in the assz a few times.! You have your own little dinner and forget about that ------ Enjoy the fish! We will get shrimp and maybe some lobster tails! for Xmas Eve. Might be going to a friend's for Xmas dinner way up north by Sussex...actually almost in back of Vernon Valley ski resort!

Everyone done shopping??????Almost done here.
Stoy- I LOVE your pup!! how precious. THanks for sharing girl!! What's his name????

Painter--- rain rain go away!! Damn, you live in a tropical rainforest girl!!

Lorrie- good to see you.

Barb- how are you girl SAying prayers for Carl.

Making cookies now chocolate chip cookies *with vanilla pudding in them*--love them that way! not hard and crispy--nice and soft!! peanut butter blossoms and sugar cookie blossoms *Noah-peanut allergy--cut outs....anginetti lemon iced cookies...roll em in balls.. peanut butter balls.........those damn balls rock!! frozen they are good too lol..Spritz cookies....pepermint crunch cookies...and a few more-=--ovay...I will shoot for about 600........I will attempt it. I give em all away lol,,,,well not all lol.. I have this grandma comprssion stocking on lol for my leg so cannot stand 6 hrs. straight lol..

****! Pooposcopy on Tues!Say a prayer girls...new doc. He is ok. Kind of funny.but how funny can a poop doc be? LOL> Had em before but the pleasantries of preparing for this are HELL! the day of no biggie. lol..Rather get it over with. At least I will be clear for the New Year LLOL>

Last edited by njsocks; 12-16-2009 at 08:00 AM..

Old 12-16-2009, 08:27 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
well i came to the office just to 'confirm' not my frickin' computer which is what they always say and, of course, it's not. streamed a video, went from site to site, loaded fast so it's something to do with service at my house.

course like any company around the world, they don't care if you're without service just 'show me the $$' lol but at least now as my assistant is already on her way to internet company to raise holy cain, she can tell them it's THEM not ME lol

Glad Mia's ear infection is gone and everyone else is good. and lacey do hope you are NOT graced by sil presence. i say make some 'special' cookies, put some Xlax in them and if anyone gets out of line, then make sure they get the special ones - then they'll never want to come over again lol total win/win

okay girls now that i have service must make up for time i lost when it was down at house XXOO to everyone

Old 12-16-2009, 08:48 AM

381 posts, read 1,365,388 times
Morning all!

Talked to DH this morning. He'll be home for over 2 weeks over the holiday, starting Thursday night. We're going to spend his 2 weeks off hosting both of our fathers, and doing a few things around the house. I really really really need to clean out a few closets and we need to clean out the storage area in the basement. We haven't been in our new house long enough to really clutter things, so I can't imagine our realtor will have us do much to get the house in show-shape. We're also going to have some serious discussions about our budget (blech) and try to figure out where we want to focus our energies for house-hunting in the January.

Trying to get the cleaning done today. Still haven't fully recovered cleaning-wise from my MIL's recent two week visit. I have a cold, not feeling well, so definately not motivated to clean.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
well i came to the office just to 'confirm' not my frickin' computer which is what they always say and, of course, it's not. streamed a video, went from site to site, loaded fast so it's something to do with service at my house.

course like any company around the world, they don't care if you're without service just 'show me the $$' lol but at least now as my assistant is already on her way to internet company to raise holy cain, she can tell them it's THEM not ME lol

Glad Mia's ear infection is gone and everyone else is good. and lacey do hope you are NOT graced by sil presence. i say make some 'special' cookies, put some Xlax in them and if anyone gets out of line, then make sure they get the special ones - then they'll never want to come over again lol total win/win

okay girls now that i have service must make up for time i lost when it was down at house XXOO to everyone
LMAO! Ex-lax in the cookies...Lace- how about Ducolax flavored choc. chip cookies for the SIL I will have some left over from my adventures lol..or I can give you some remnants of NuLytely gallon jug I have---we can spike the punch with it

Poor Joy and that bloody computer issue..COmcast sucks near me and I loathe them lol.. We want fios but it's not an option here!!
Yes, Mia and Noah both good..Mia gets the brunt of the cold season. Cannot believe they turn 5 in 1 month *as of yesterday!* Maybe we'll go skiing. I will watch from the chalet lol...I am not getting on skis. Last time I did the guy said "She's not in my ski school" as I was being dragged up the ole T bar years ago LOL>>> I will drink the wine inside and stay warm. Those days are over LOL

Old 12-16-2009, 09:18 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Lorrie!! good to see you!!! How have you been??!!
im staying positive about the whole thing. DH is the nervous one but then again, he's in charge of the mortgage stuff (I am in charge of the paperwork/taxes stuff, though). It's just a small obstacle and we've been lucky that we've had few.

You have no need to worry there is always an ins co out there. Your realtor should be helping you in my opinion. nice to be on cd once again but FB takes up so much of my time and dd and hubby plays and love it so I am between a rock and a hard place.
I have no idea whats going on here and i read that Lacey was worried about someone in her family gotta found out why?
Barb good luck with Carl's surgery and remember to take your pain meds.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:35 AM

381 posts, read 1,365,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
LMAO! Ex-lax in the cookies...Lace- how about Ducolax flavored choc. chip cookies for the SIL I will have some left over from my adventures lol..or I can give you some remnants of NuLytely gallon jug I have---we can spike the punch with it

Poor Joy and that bloody computer issue..COmcast sucks near me and I loathe them lol.. We want fios but it's not an option here!!
Yes, Mia and Noah both good..Mia gets the brunt of the cold season. Cannot believe they turn 5 in 1 month *as of yesterday!* Maybe we'll go skiing. I will watch from the chalet lol...I am not getting on skis. Last time I did the guy said "She's not in my ski school" as I was being dragged up the ole T bar years ago LOL>>> I will drink the wine inside and stay warm. Those days are over LOL
We had FiOS at our last house. I loved having it, but it wasn't available when we moved. THeir customer service is a NIGHTMARE. Comcast's cs is a dream in comparison. FiOS continued to automatically deduct our payments long past when service stopped. Since we didn't have active service, we couldn't turn it off online. It took me 4-5 months and 20 HOURS on the phone to get the situation straightened out. I had to locate the corporate officer's emails and do a mass email to the VPs for this to happen. Moral of the story? DO NOT use automatic payment with them.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:06 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
New cleaning lady today-long story-miss my old one but she's away right now for awhile.

Nice girl but she's dusting w/a freakin feather duster-looks like I'll be Pledging when she leaves.

Told Mr. L I want to do my own but he insists.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
New cleaning lady today-long story-miss my old one but she's away right now for awhile.

Nice girl but she's dusting w/a freakin feather duster-looks like I'll be Pledging when she leaves.

Told Mr. L I want to do my own but he insists.
I should have asked you first Lace--I posted the ? on food. Does vanilla extract *pure* last forever? there was no exp/ date on my Madagascar Vanilla from Williams & Sonoma...........

Resting leg --made 7 dozen so far....! Bleh to cookies lol Like working in a bakery....after a while you wanna puke lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate