Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2009, 03:22 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times

Advertisements

Popped in to see what all was/is happening....sighhhh...so quiet.

Dogmom, Sure doesn't take long to rack up a high bill at those stores does it. Sounds like you will have a full house for the holidays. Rest up lol you are gonna need it!

Well back to the kitchen....we have cookies to do now

Old 12-23-2009, 04:26 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,319 times
Hey Chickrae, Happy Holidays to you, too!
Hi Barb and Painter. no packages yet. but the Puerto Rico one is now in Philly, making progress, although the other day it was only 12 miles away.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:09 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
hey peeps, y'all having fun YET? Got the house cleaned up & hope to bake some goodies tonite. A few presents wrapped & under tree. Very simple, doing a pork loin Christmas day. Holding breath that DD can make it to Wichita in the morning, if flying weather permits. Maybe it won't be too bad, she is due at 11:30.Yay , no therapy for Mr. until Mon. Better go see what is up, upstairs, it got quiet ...I snuck away for a sec.
catch ya later campers! hugS!

Old 12-23-2009, 08:15 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
I couldn't sign in and needed a new password.
Just wanted to say

On our way to CA tomorrow need to get up at 4 ouch.

Merry Christmas to all of my CD friends. I haven't been much of a friend lately but so addicted to FB and some of their games. 2010 I will wean myself off of a bit of FB. Promise.
Lorrie

Old 12-23-2009, 09:56 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Lorrie, safe travels to sunny California..check in with us while you are gone, and Merry Christmas and many blessings for you and the family.

Stoy, how on earth they got to Puerto Rico, that package could probably tell a story, lol. Sounds like it's about to where it needs to go..somehow it all works out..in the meantime we get gray hair!

Painter, I will have a full house, but its ok..I can drop when they leave...I was really surprised they could all make it..we hade thought about heading up north to our younger son and wife, but with Carl's surgery that was not going to work out...so yeay they can come here. Next year, who knows.

Sara, glad you could jump on for a sec...now is DGD heading back with her mom after Christmas....this too shall pass and then you will think how quiet your home is. Carl will not be starting any kind of therapy until the sling is off, 8 weeks or thereabouts..he does take the sling off several times a day now and let his arm just hang..thats all he can do to keep the blood flowing and all. and keeps it loose..loosey goosey as I say..

Chickrae, great to see you, sounds like you are busy..
Have a wonderful Christmas in OK..we drove through your area I think when we were on our way home from IL..we stayed one night at our daughter in law's dad and stepmoms in OK..what a pretty state, I loved it..

Ok still have a headache and I am beat! Later

Old 12-24-2009, 04:48 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Morning all-Stoy that happened to me last year-damn package went all over the country!

Lorrie-safe journey and enjoy.

CrazyMa-so good to see you here.

Barb-I think I did $250+ at grocer's for just us this week!!!

Well we are hunkered in and it's bad out-the cars are crawling. The worst is to come tonight. Our plow guy called yesterday and he will be here early Sat morn.

Just steamed some jumbo shrimp in beer and Old Bay, going to start the crab stuffing for mushrooms, put together antipasta platter and make a cheesecake for Mr. L.

Picked up our crown roast of pork yesterday and wow I can feed the town! May cut that baby in half and freeze some.

Travelling? Be safe.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:52 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Morning to all our busy busy campers......woke to another horrible day, getting pretty rough outside...surprised? Nope...but if this was snow I would be stranded for a month!

Hope that everyone has safe travels, a great and memorable Christmas surrounded by friends and family!

Old 12-24-2009, 08:16 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Oh Painter girl-what a nightmare for you and it's looks life we're in for some crazy weather happenings. Nice and snowed in here and to get worse later on. Hey bright side-no SIL!!!!!

Old 12-24-2009, 08:31 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,770 times
Morning girls - boy things hectic trying to catch up before everything closed down for Christmas. They've been shooting off fireworks for almost a week (they start celebrating reaaaaaaaaaaal early down here). Starting tonight they'll get out the bad boys and I mean the ones that were banned in the states sometime ago. From my LR window I usually can see 5 or 6 different displays 'cause I sit up on a hill overlooking the mountains and town. Have my food, cerveza (duh lol) and Misty being good now curled up on my lap while I type. I am savoring the moment 'cause just never know with her lol

Dang Lacey weather sounds horrible there but being MN . . . sounds like you're making some good chow for the holidays and a cheesecake for Mr. L. - ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Lotsa love to you and Mr. L. over Christmas and prayers NO SIL

Stoy, I'm not getting that about your packages ending up in Puerto Rico? Now 12 miles away and still not there That's just crazy - surpised they didn't make a pass through Panama on their way to you lol Hope you all have a great Christmas and it's almost time to start heading West. Yea! no more little rooms XXOO

Carol that's so sad about all the people having their homes flooded right before Christmas and I just hate insurance companies - pay all the premiums and then when people actually need to use the insurance, the companies always tend to find some reason to stall or not pay. Does DD still have to work all day tomorrow? Know last time I checked in she did and been saying a little prayer she got a break. Know DS had to work today. Hope they do get a break from work so you all can spend time together and have fun baking cookies! Hugs from Panama.

Barb, glad you got stocked up and LOL about the suitcase of beer - that would be one of the things I stocked up on yesterday after work because taking long weekend for Christmas. My guy who lives for floor duty back from Bocas THANK GOD lol so Mama can work at home (or not) so I'm gonna just try and chill. Was a very hectic and stressful week so will do me some good. That's so cool about family coming to you - will be hard on you with full house, but you and Carl (even without the surgery) needed to chill and relax a bit - not be traveling. Sure kids will help mom out and I'm so glad you'll have them there. Big hugs, kisses and prayers that both you and Carl feel better when everyone arrives and you have a great Christmas with family. XX

Lorrie was so good to see you (loved the picture!) and you and gary travel safe to CA. Should see some good sunshine there. Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas and will be good to see you once you break your FB addiction lol Used to be on it a lot 'cause that's how I kept up with DS - but he's been too busy to post anymore, I'm on CD sooooooo Talk to you next year lol Big hugs girl!

Amy, hope you're getting all settled in MO - are the kids able to make it down for Christmas or are you guys going to try and get back up there? Know with weather making traveling tough for a lot of people. Hope you and DH have a good one though and am so happy you're finally 'home'. Will be excited to see some pics once you get things put up etc. XX

Shelly is Watson dressed up in his reindeer outfit or whatever the heck you're putting him in lol whatever it is we want pics! You still getting a lot of snow there? Right now we have some glorious sunshine though do see some clouds coming over the mountains but I'm just enjoying the sunshine while I can. Had to take the self feeder away from Misty because now she decided her kibble is to play with and I'd find it all over the floor - tropics, food on floor = not a good idea. So now, she's having to make do with me putting her food in the second bowl of her small 2 bowl combo food/ water and when food is gone it's gone. Bad thing is she eats it at night then of course wakes me up sooner than I'd prefer 'cause she wants breakfast. Hope you all have a great Christmas and I'm just waiting for noon lol then let's get this party startedhugs and kisses girl

Annie, you should be done baking cookies and bet the kidlets are already wanting their presents lol do you give them one on Christmas Eve or all of them on Christmas Day. So glad you're through with all the tests, getting title to the car YEA!!!! Give thoses kids a hug from Auntie and a big one to one of the greatest DH in the world! Still waiting for that DNA LOL XX sista

Sara hope you and family have a merry christmas and prayers that DD is able to fly in - will be nice to have everyone together over the holidays. So keeping fingers crossed good flying weather!

Chickrae that's great you're able to move into new house sooner. Yee Haw Always nice to see you when you make it over and hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

Well, guess my novel is getting rather out of control lol to all of my amigas, Have a Merry Christmas, enjoy your families, drink mucho cerveza or whatever and let's all count the blessings we have in our lives. XXOO

Old 12-24-2009, 08:40 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
May each of you have a blessed Christmas and a joyous New Year. May Santa (yes, I still believe in him )bring you all your heart's desires. May you stay warm in the loving embrace of family and always remember what Christmas is like through a child's eyes or a doggie's eyes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6MFgk2AWPc

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate