Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2010, 02:52 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Tex you were right on with everything about Mr. L and I for one am so appreciative of your friendship and advice. You got me thru tough times. Thank you.
Thanks Lace for having my back here. If you ever want medical advice, please dm me in the future. That goes for all my "FRIENDS" on here as well. I will NO LONGER post advice on here. If you have a medical question or such, please DM me in the future.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
I have been lurking, lot going on, and am gonna unbite my tongue at risk of being beheaded BUT
I do think some have taken giving 'advice' recently to a whole new level...and IMHO it was rather... uhh....bold, extravagant, harsh even ? How one responds to 'advice' is not something one can control, but giving it can be done with some kindness and respect, not so in your face, if you will?
SO chill out campers- please.
Let camp be a little kinder, a little gentler to our campers and followers...and remember camp is not private and neither are posts...not picking sides, but stating the fact. DM's can be your friend.. if used wisely.
No worries--no more advice from me on this thread. I am kind to the people who are kind to me. I also respect others here who respect me in turn. You are right--You cannot control how one responds to "advice" so I will no longer give advice when it isn't truly wanted, shall we say.

However, I will respond when someone is outright calling me a name.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:03 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
We love you Tex.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:50 PM

Niki-here's my advice. This is not the forum you should be posting about your marriage or your son. The place to post would be "Relationships" re your marriage and "Parenting" re your son. The people here have bent over backwards to help and apparently it's fallen on deaf ears. Best of luck and health.

When people air their "laundry" requesting help and advice on any issue - we all try to help as we feel a connection.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:24 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,770 times
Quote:
Niki-here's my advice. This is not the forum you should be posting about your marriage or your son. The place to post would be "Relationships" re your marriage and "Parenting" re your son. The people here have bent over backwards to help and apparently it's fallen on deaf ears. Best of luck and health.

When people air their "laundry" requesting help and advice on any issue - we all try to help as we feel a connection.
Lacey I think that's excellent advice and why CD is a wonderful place to be - so many different topics/threads discussing various issues. I personally am grateful for all of the advice and friendships I've made at the Camp - so many times I've been in a quandry and one of my friends here had just the right piece of advice I needed. So for that, thank you all

So how is Mr. L. feeling today? Still can't believe he got toncillitis. Are the antibiotics helping? We've all been keeping you both in our prayers and do keep us updated. Sure will be good to have him home for good and still think you should tell SIL you've like moved to a foreign country or something lol

Barb, whatever happened with that sod? Did your nephew end up using it all - maybe Carl was praying super hard so he got his choice of grass for the backyard lol That picture you sent was just precious and can't wait to put it up on my wall of fame in my office Was thinking about putting one of the cookies too lol munching now on one that's like a sugar cookie - ah cookies and cerveza; what more could a girl ask for

Shel, you're off work for the next couple of nights, right? Any more trauma for poor Watson with frozen poop LOL I'm tellin' ya I KNOW being a nurse you could handle a pair of dog clippers - at least 'he' ended up being a 'he' lol Shredder is sleeping peacefully now after going absolutely insane when I came home with all the Christmas goodies. Was at the office by 9:30 this morning, so needless to say HE lol was wound up tight. Already have the christmas picture of Sir Watson sitting on Santa's lap in my briefcase (the look on his face was priceless)

Annie, YUMMY girl! and you thought they'd be stale by the time they got here - so soft, you'd think you just took them out of the oven. Course between the tin and an entire roll of tape lol they were sealed with pretty tight for preserving (took me like 5 minutes to get it open lol) did you wrap it or one of the kids - already had some of them, now having one from Barb - lordy can only imagine how my stomach is going to feel later tonight. Must get some in the freezer soon or I'll eat ALL OF THEM So is everyone feeling better? How about Scott? Been worred especially about him getting pnemonia (sp) after that flu/virus that hit your house like the black plague. Tell Mia and Noah THANK YOU for the beautiful pics they colored for Auntie Joy - those too will go on my wall of fame

Carol that's GREAT news on the house - they start asking about stuff like that they're serious. Will keep everything crossed that i can still cross that 'they're the ones'. The right buyer was out there - and the right house was waiting for them; sounds like we might have a match made in heaven How's DS barn project coming?

Amy, have you heard from DD when she thinks she can come visit - maybe without BF? How about the other kids? MO still treating you good - anymore hamburger eating horses around LOL here they eat anything - obviously I guess they do everywhere.

Danielle, know you don't have internet but at least it's given you time to get unpacked and settled in. Next time you post it will be looking out at those gorgeous views - but dang girl, that's a ton of snow. I really had no idea that part of CO got so much

Sara, how are you feeling? Did you ever get to Chiro? How about DH - still having to do the PT thing? Will be so glad when all that stuff is over for you guys. Have you heard from DD about how her and DGD are settling in? At least you have your house back so you're back into your normal routine.

Lorrie, how are you guys doing - know it's been a rough time lately and keeping you both in my prayers. Know you keep pretty busy on FB, but always love coming to the camp and seeing your post.

Feel like I'm forgetting someone and if so i'm blaming it on the sugar rush from eating so many cookies lol You all are the best. Will pop back later, but must get some of those bad boys in the freezer or I swear I'll eat them all tonight! Later girls.

KRISTINE! How's Natalie's cold? Is she feeling better. Knew when I hit send there was a friend I'd forgotten. Well, blame it on Annie and Barb for all those cookies they sent to me - total sugar rush lol the pictures were just precious XX

Last edited by JustJoy; 02-03-2010 at 06:40 PM.. Reason: NOW I REMEMBER lol dang sugar lol

Old 02-03-2010, 05:39 PM

Joy-he's so funny-just giving it (humorously to the nurses) and they love it. I spent the day laughing. They changed his pain meds cause he was giving speeches all night and nobody was applauding! Must be good stuff. He's walking and my hero.

Let's get Camp back to where it should be all.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Joy-he's so funny-just giving it (humorously to the nurses) and they love it. I spent the day laughing. They changed his pain meds cause he was giving speeches all night and nobody was applauding! Must be good stuff. He's walking and my hero.

Let's get Camp back to where it should be all.
Lace, that is too funny about Mr.L giving speeches and no-one applauding!! I laughed out loud over that one.

I'm all for getting camp back to where it was previously.

Cougar Town is on tonight. Does anyone watch that? It is hilarious. Courtney Cox is the lead girl in the show (Monica from Friends). Tomorrow night is Housewives of Orange County...love that show too. Also HW of NYC!

Joy--the cookies are delicious--mine are all gone. BTW, I gained weight from those bad boys!!!

Old 02-03-2010, 06:32 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:

Right on Jersey girl. Perfectly said. I commend you!You said it all.

Tex- you have a HEART the size of TEXAS.. actually the size of Alaska *since it is 1,481,350 square miles long.* We love you!

PS. Glad you all loved those cookies. Whew. Glad they didn't go stale on you!Mary!

Old 02-03-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Right on Jersey girl. Perfectly said. I commend you!You said it all.

Tex- you have a HEART the size of TEXAS.. actually the size of Alaska *since it is 1,481,350 square miles long.* We love you!
So do you! Your heart is HUGE! Love ya too!

And Lace did say it perfectly....SHE ROCKS! Lace, I have so much respect for you on here.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:44 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
So do you! Your heart is HUGE! Love ya too!

And Lace did say it perfectly....SHE ROCKS! Lace, I have so much respect for you on here.
thank you sweet friend.

Lace is a woman of few words, she gets to the point and says it like it is--a classy woman . There, I said this in 2 sentences!well , maybe 3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate