Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 02:20 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,087 times

Advertisements

Hi all, lots to read, my mind is spinning. supposed to have a friend over tonight, she used to live around here, now just visits and makes her 'rounds', stays the night here before driving home. as much as i'd like to spend time with her, im very busy! lots to do!! oh think she's here...

Old 10-13-2009, 02:25 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,087 times
i open the door and see a large green van in the driveway and a strange man walking up the stairs. NOT my friend. and ever since the robbery i panic and get so scared when someone comes to the door. anyway, it's the buyers' insurance agent taking pictures of the house.

Tex, what a great house!! always wanted to see the Outer Banks, never did. Lorrie, you are such a cutie, so is your pup! 7 months already?? NJ, did you say you're feeling better? i have Vicks, reminds me of my mom slathering half a jar on my chest and back. ick.
Cma, painter, Lacey, everyone else, HI!!

Old 10-13-2009, 02:55 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,148 times
Hey Shelley, you better watch out! We stayed for a week at the Outer Banks the beginning of September, 2007. The middle of October, 2007 we signed for this house! The Carolinas have a way of luring you into their clutches. You are in Corolla (near Duck), we were at the other end. Just a bit north of the National Seashore. We did make a trip up there one day. Unfortunately, it's a bit far away from me or else I would drive up and spend the day with you.

Well, the woman is supposedly coming tomorrow for me to sign the papers to officially adopt Sophie. But the woman has a terrible cold, so I told her to please not come if she wasn't better. Unfortunately our health insurance doesn't cover down here except in emergencies, so I really couldn't go to a doc if I came down with something nasty. I did get my regular flu shot, but can't get the swine one yet......all depends on when they decide that those of us over 50 are "allowed" to get them.

I think I mentioned that Sophie has been sleeping with me lately. She stopped for about a week when it was hotter, but now that it has cooled down she is back. Right now she is sitting on the window sill where I opened the window. She loves that......see pic below! And I think she actually misses me when I go out for awhile. I was out for about 3 hours this morning and when I got back, she started meowing and wrapping all around my legs. She had food, water and a clean litter box, so I gave her some attention and rubbed and petted her and she was fine. Haven't completely solved the "throw up" problem, but it has gotten less. I have been told by several cat owners that this is something that cats do more often than dogs. Hopefully it will gradually let up.

Have my next show this Saturday. Hope it better than the last one! I also decided to re-join up with The Angel Company which is a rubber stamp and scrapbooking party plan company. I'm hoping to get something going around here with our card making club. I have to teach the class for the club next month, so I'll be sure to use lots of stuff from our catalog!

Everybody take care and I'll see you later!

Last edited by rothbear; 11-13-2009 at 11:31 AM..

Old 10-13-2009, 03:39 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
Hi Girls, I am here, taking it easy today..windyyyyyyy...real windyyyy......storm clouds out and about and i think we have a slim chance of some light rain tonight...that sounds awesome to this desert rat!

Painter, I did not know that horses got a winter coat..makes sense..see I learn something new here every day!

Joy, glad you are keeping busy..and Sara, you made me hungry with all that chat of food, good southern food.

I am not sure yet which way we are coming home, we have friends in Denver we thought we would stop and see, and we will not be pulling a trailer back home, just have the jeep..will probably not decide that until we get to IL and even decide when we are heading home..no set schedule. Now Sara, are you off I-70? My daughter in laws dad and stepmom live in OK and we want to stop there on the way back, too..

Stoy, Goldy good to see you on the board, where is Annie, I know she does not feel good.

Tex, i am sooo jealous of your trip to the outer banks. I want to go too, so you better find a really big suitcase to get us all into...take lots of pictures girl!

Niki, hope you are doing ok.

Roth, love the pic of Sophie..what a doll...that is such a serene picture of her looking outside.

Ok need to go rest for a bit..I can't believe this weather that rolled in...

Old 10-13-2009, 03:57 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I LOVE the smell of Vicks...it always makes me think of my grandmother putting that on me as a little girl. It makes me feel like a child when I have it on--something very comforting about it. And besides all that--it really works to get rid of the chest congestion!! Peppermint Patty--that's cute.

Amazing the things that make us think of our childhood - though vicks was never one of my fav things - i remember cherry flavored cough drops. Not that they worked but sure did taste good!

Yes, I do have some wonderful neighbors--they help me out a lot with different things. We are going for a week! I will have a ton of pages to read here when I get back!!! I won't have PC access down there. Watson is going to have a ball! Plus he gets his Mama all week to himself!! He probably won't want bothered with me when he sees LaCoda!!!

OMG no internet - what will you do lol Oh that's right -you'll be out having fun, fun, fun! and sure even with LaCoda he'll be glad to have you around for a week straight!

That is so funny about Watson wearing swim trunks so he doesn't rile all the girls up!!!

Well he is a hottie! Last thing you need is to be fending off all those girls

Yes, Joy, it is a tv show about a dwarf family who have one 4 kids...3 of them are of regular size and the one child is a dwarf like the parents. The dwarf child is actually a twin with one of the regular sized kids! They have a farm up in Oregon....would love to visit it someday...they hold events there during pumpkin season. Amy, the mom, is so sweet....the show really opened my eyes up to dwarfism.

Really? That's awesome - they should have more shows like that. So many different people out there that it's a good way to help people have a better understanding. Anyway, that's great that is what the show is about and I never knew that with twins one could be a dwarf and the other not. What a great trip that would be when they have their pumpkin season event. Still think someone should help poor Amy do some of that cleaning!

I had NO problems sleeping last night! I went to bed at 2 am!! Yep was just headed to bed when Barb was getting up to potty!! I slept until 11 am!! Watson tried to wake me up at 8 am, but I fell back asleep. Then at 11 I heard him barking again. I went out to get him to take him potty outside and he was so excited to see me. Took him out and he peed and pooed!! He didn't go at all in his cage last night....he held it that entire time. I am puzzled by that! He always at the very least pees on his potty pad at some point during the night or early morning. Yesterday he was using my entire DR hardwood floors as his personal bathroom instead of letting me know he had to go potty. Needless to say...I wasn't happy about that.

He's growing up Mom! He KNOWS when you're not 'pleased' about him going on the floor so now he's holding it and letting you know. Good boy Watson

Yes they like going in October when there are no crowds. Plus it's cheaper...I think around $2700 for the week to rent the place. No...they don't accept any money from anyone towards the rental of the place--just asks everyone to pitch in on food for the week. I will help pay for gas also since I am riding down with them. Watson gets car sick so I got some medicine from the vet last week to give him 2 hrs before car trips. That is why I didn't want to drive. I want to be able to tend to my baby if he is sick.
What sweet people they are - and just pitching in for food and gas? Wow. That's great Shel. People like that are worth their weight in gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Good day peeps. Oh I wish could see the sun for a while- overcast and dreary here and supposed to be all week UGH

I hear ya Sara - saw the sun briefly then poof - overcast and cool. Rain should start anytime now.

NJ-at night, slather your feet with Vicks & put some socks on- seems to really help with the cough/cold

Really - I'd never heard of that before. Will store in my memory banks for future use. You are full of info - could write your own book!

PAULA DEEN??? oh puleez LOL she is one of those high maintenance, new money, 'southern' women....now you wants some 'southern' good cooks, I will be glad to introduce you to my mama's side of the family, they kick butt in the kitchen. Now my Aunt Nell, God rest her soul, weren't nothing to look at, no jewelry or big hair, no gourmet kitchen or fancy gadgets, but she could cook some mighty fine eats! Lard biscuits, sausage & gravy, soup beans(pintos), greens, beans, everything in between. Chocolate pie with the lightest most perfect meringue you ever saw or tasted. Pound cake so rich and buttery. ( FRESH churned butter no less!) Oh yeah Paula might have a show but I tell ya there are many a fine cook lurking out there

OK so NOW I get the Paula Deen thing - and you're right; plenty of real southern cooks out there. My chicken fried steak, gravy, fried okra and mashed tators were to die for! My great aunt was such a good cook and learned a lot from her - now to actually cook.

Painter- Mindy dog hasn't gotten her winter fur coming in yet....maybe that means it is going to warm up! I wish. Well, animals do know so maybe! One can hope you're in for at least a temp warm spell.

Barb- did you say something about coming back from the East on I-70?? won't those high elevations have snow on them by then? Been stressing here wondering when the sam hill DD is gonna get out of WA before the roads get bad with WEATHER, seeing there isn't many options other than taking a LONG way around.....oh me

So is DD & DGD coming down? If she just drives carefully know they'll be okay. I did not enjoy driving in bad winter weather, but just drove real slow - my lane was the 'slow' lane. Let the jerks go flying down the bad roads.

Gold it doesn't surprise me the lady that cleans may have qualified for that amount. I knew a gal back in ATL that had a much costlier home, that cleaned houses, she had a thriving business.....I couldn't afford her!!! You just never know! On the other hand, we knew a couple that appeared to have nothing and lived like paupers, yet they were loaded to the gills.

My great aunt miriam wore old house dresses, lived simply and was worth a load - no one knew until she passed away how much she was worth. Guess it just goes to show we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.

Well off to figure out some paperwork today on Dad's stuff....I still can't believe he is gone

have a nice day!
Sorry you're still having to go through your dad's stuff and hope you feel more tranquil soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Could be C'ma, as she seems to be supporting the other 5 adults and numerous kids that live there. I don't see a truck with a cleaning business sign or anything though. I'm sure she got in with 0 down and probably on some low income status. Hub had to tell her the "lady of the house" in our house does her own cleaning LOL!

It is surreal about a parent dying. By the time my dad got a lung cancer diagnosis *poof* it was 4 months and he was gone Been almost 6 years now and it seems like it was yesterday.
Yeah, never really does go away. Mine's been gone for like 32 years this year and still think about him a lot. One day of the year I never work is the day he passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
i open the door and see a large green van in the driveway and a strange man walking up the stairs. NOT my friend. and ever since the robbery i panic and get so scared when someone comes to the door. anyway, it's the buyers' insurance agent taking pictures of the house.

that would have freaked me out too! Whew - just the insurance agent taking photos = good thing YEAH!
Hope everyone had a good day. NJ you out at the bus stop dealing with old rude one? Someone needs to do something about her - hey maybe get her a date with donut man; match made in heaven!

Lorrie hope you're doing good and not worrying too much about the upcoming trip. Know everything will be good - and can't believe how much Miss Willow has grown! Hey, wouldn't she and Watson make a cute couple?

Lacey hope you stayed warm today - is it still snowing like mad? How's Mr. L. doing?

Barb, hope you got some rest after waking up at such a godawful hour this morning. Ugh. How you feeling?

Oh, Jody - you still dealing with that one SS or did you finally get that bad boy closed? Must be busy 'cause we have seen ya in a while.

Amy, was it today the appraiser or whomever was coming out? Know you had a ton of the kids new furniture there just can't remember who was coming out.

Roth, hope you and Miss Sophie are doing good. Still need to read your wine journal.

Niki, hope today went better for you.

HDL, yes we're going to keep nagging you until we get a 'howdy' out of you lol

Well, guess it is a little early in the evening so I'll check back later to see how everyone's day went. Later Gators!

Old 10-13-2009, 04:14 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
What sweet people they are - and just pitching in for food and gas? Wow. That's great Shel. People like that are worth their weight in gold.

Sorry you're still having to go through your dad's stuff and hope you feel more tranquil soon

Yeah, never really does go away. Mine's been gone for like 32 years this year and still think about him a lot. One day of the year I never work is the day he passed.

Hope everyone had a good day. NJ you out at the bus stop dealing with old rude one? Someone needs to do something about her - hey maybe get her a date with donut man; match made in heaven!

Lorrie hope you're doing good and not worrying too much about the upcoming trip. Know everything will be good - and can't believe how much Miss Willow has grown! Hey, wouldn't she and Watson make a cute couple?

Lacey hope you stayed warm today - is it still snowing like mad? How's Mr. L. doing?

Barb, hope you got some rest after waking up at such a godawful hour this morning. Ugh. How you feeling?

Oh, Jody - you still dealing with that one SS or did you finally get that bad boy closed? Must be busy 'cause we have seen ya in a while.

Amy, was it today the appraiser or whomever was coming out? Know you had a ton of the kids new furniture there just can't remember who was coming out.

Roth, hope you and Miss Sophie are doing good. Still need to read your wine journal.

Niki, hope today went better for you.

HDL, yes we're going to keep nagging you until we get a 'howdy' out of you lol

Well, guess it is a little early in the evening so I'll check back later to see how everyone's day went. Later Gators!
here's a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Joy- speaking of buses.............My kids and I were waiting for sideway sally and Nasty one to come...late again,..anyway! so I have my back toward the one grandmother that comes with her grandson....I am watching my kids get up the stairs on the bus......and Nasty one yells...WHO THREW UP? I looked at her? like wtf? on the sidewalk was puke lol.........and the grandmother had her grandson getting up on the bus....and sideway sally comes screaming...YOU CAN'T LET HIM ON THE BUS. The poor 3 year old had just yuked and she screams. I said, look, I just looked at him and then my kids got on the bus........so it must have happ. in 2 seconds! He didn't cry/scream/anything! poor kid!! Nothing like screaming at someone like that!! She talked right down to that poor grandma!!! How sad....I gave them the filthiest look........too bad the little boy didn't make it on the bus and puke right on the Terminator!!!!!!!!

My hub is on a plane to Toronto! so he won't be back til tomorrow!
More later girls. Wanted to say hello and bbl!!

Sara-= I never knew that on the feet!!! to put the vicks!!!Wow. THank you!!!

Gold- crazy chinese woman! Maybe shell have sniffles soon! LOL...Oh feedback to 2 showings. 1 NEVER returned call to lamaszzz agent 3 times she called. That would be Asian lady! 1st couple RULED OURS OUT...like 2 others.. One is a dump too LOL> good. Good ridddens. Sick of all these a-holes!!!

bbl. Hope they get the flu now LMAO.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:54 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
here's a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Joy- speaking of buses.............My kids and I were waiting for sideway sally and Nasty one to come...late again,..anyway! so I have my back toward the one grandmother that comes with her grandson....I am watching my kids get up the stairs on the bus......and Nasty one yells...WHO THREW UP? I looked at her? like wtf? on the sidewalk was puke lol.........and the grandmother had her grandson getting up on the bus....and sideway sally comes screaming...YOU CAN'T LET HIM ON THE BUS. The poor 3 year old had just yuked and she screams. I said, look, I just looked at him and then my kids got on the bus........so it must have happ. in 2 seconds! He didn't cry/scream/anything! poor kid!! Nothing like screaming at someone like that!! She talked right down to that poor grandma!!! How sad....I gave them the filthiest look........too bad the little boy didn't make it on the bus and puke right on the Terminator!!!!!!!!

That's just ed up. Poor little thing Someone needs to talk to the school because people like that just shouldn't be around children at all. Just wrong!

More later girls. Wanted to say hello and bbl!! Oooh, another girls night! How you and Mia feeling?

Gold- crazy chinese woman! Maybe shell have sniffles soon! LOL...Oh feedback to 2 showings. 1 NEVER returned call to lamaszzz agent 3 times she called. That would be Asian lady! 1st couple RULED OURS OUT...like 2 others.. One is a dump too LOL> good. Good ridddens. Sick of all these a-holes!!!

I am so glad you gave the gift that would just keep giving and just hate agents who won't give feedback when specifically called. How frickin' hard is it to say well while it was nice, they didn't like X - wasn't for them. I mean really! This isn't just in RE but in so many professions where common courtesy is just gone.

Well I got one for you. Couple we'd been working with via email like forever came in and had gone into an 'unnamed' brokerage 'cause they'd saw the sign, no biggie, but they (the brokerage) said they were the only one's who showed their listings - same frickin' brokerage that we show their properties and even, albiet a CF, had closing with. A-holes. My agent said the wifes jaw just dropped when he told her 'well gee, we've shown their listings and even had a closing with them'. Now we'll see if they wake up and realize do they want LIARS watching their backs or us. If I would have been my normal self today (which maybe is a good thing) I would have marched right down there and wrung their necks! ers.

Me too lol

Roth, glad you didn't let that woman come in sick. That's not what you need now and the pic of Sophie was adorable.

So Barb, how ya feeling? Hope better.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:41 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,148 times
Joy.........My wine "journal" isn't really a journal that I write. It is an item that I make to sell at my craft shows. There are 4 pictures of it on the blog. That's all. Just wanted to clear that up.

I do rubber stamping and paper crafts and sell them at craft shows. I mostly have cards, but I do a coupl gift type items. I have a metal card storage box, set of coasters and stand, checkbook covers, magnets and the wine journal which is a new design. This one is a wirebound book rather than just a small booklet like I did before.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:41 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks

That's just ed up. Poor little thing Someone needs to talk to the school because people like that just shouldn't be around children at all. Just wrong!

More later girls. Wanted to say hello and bbl!! Oooh, another girls night! How you and Mia feeling?

I am so glad you gave the gift that would just keep giving and just hate agents who won't give feedback when specifically called. How frickin' hard is it to say well while it was nice, they didn't like X - wasn't for them. I mean really! This isn't just in RE but in so many professions where common courtesy is just gone.

Well I got one for you. Couple we'd been working with via email like forever came in and had gone into an 'unnamed' brokerage 'cause they'd saw the sign, no biggie, but they (the brokerage) said they were the only one's who showed their listings - same frickin' brokerage that we show their properties and even, albiet a CF, had closing with. A-holes. My agent said the wifes jaw just dropped when he told her 'well gee, we've shown their listings and even had a closing with them'. Now we'll see if they wake up and realize do they want LIARS watching their backs or us. If I would have been my normal self today (which maybe is a good thing) I would have marched right down there and wrung their necks! ers.

Unreal Joy!! wth! liars and tigers and bears oh my lol..What idiots they are.................

Mia is hacking up a lung in her sleep.......gonna be a long night. Poor baby..........Noah is 3/4 there of getting better. My ears hurt like hell and coughing up a lung or two too lol...but will muddle through. Pumpkin/apple picking might wait for 2 weeks!! This weekend supp. to be cold /rainy crappy......dont need swine flu next lol........ugh.

Texaroo-------Mia said "Watson is looking at me! "when she saw the pick again of Watson and Bella LOL>>>>>>> lol......too cute.......

Barb- how are you feeling girl?????
BBL again----need some honey/lemon/tea.........

Painter----how low does it get at night temp wise sinc eyou are in FL?

Old 10-13-2009, 06:59 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times
Did you know that October is National Squirrel Awareness month???!!
Who'd a thunk it?!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate