Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2010, 04:03 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times

Advertisements

Bet it's gorgeous! Rest up.

Old 02-05-2010, 04:51 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
Hey girls, home with cold cerveza in hand lol already cleaned Shredder's litter out -still can't believe she is a he, but now that I'm not calling him a girls name is being 'somewhat' better - except a woose with litter box. If anything in it he whines until I clean it. My god you'd think I'd gone days instead of just cleaning it this morning before work

Carol what a fun day! Sure you are tired but I'll bet that nursery is gorgeous. Wanna come down here and paint for me lol I hear that hot shower calling and happy reading lol

Lacey, WOW 42 years. How wonderful Mr. L. will be out of hospital by then so you can have multiple celebrations - his Bday, anniversary and that he's out of the hospital! Glad you stay out of the sun now and feel good about scan but I'll still say a little prayer for you. So you have one of those remotes for your car - we had a neighbor who had one of those and I was so envious. I had to brave the temps to go out and manually start. One time saw him at his window using it and I flipped him off (we were friends so of course I was smiling lol) He just wiggled it around at me and laughed.

Shelly please drive carefully tonight - still wish you could have called in sick but like Barb pointed out if everyone did that . . . well there's people depending on you. Glad neighbor said she would keep an eye out if you don't make it home, but with plenty of food and water, if she 'forgets' at least he'll be OK. But if roads too bad please do stay at the hospital and off the roads. Don't want anything happening to my girlfriend.

Annie, yeah in those temps it will be fine - and I'm at my Boquete office so no ocean breezes, but do have cool mountain breezes so I be cool. Been dang warm during the day which is the time of the year here I love! Sunny skies, warm days, but cool nights - reminds me so much of Colorado but w/out the snow. How's Mia and the rest of you feeling? Oh and you might have AWD, but I still would check into those tires. If weather patterns stay this way, well, they'll keep you on the road, ya know? At least your butts stay nice and warm lol - never had those but let me tell you, there were times I wished I would have!

Barb you get those doors up? That's great about cabinets even with the one armed bandit lol OH I have to take pics to post! I put together the whiteboard "wall of fame' today and you're all there. Need to print one off of Shel that I've saved in my computer, along with Kristine and Judi. When you all post pics I always save them. You each have your own 'folder' on my computer

Kristine, how's baby? Is her cold better so you're getting some sleep. Just a drag that she's sleeping through the night then gets a cold so you have to get up. Will keep her in my prayers that it gets better soon so both of you get some rest! Glad puppy all better!

Well I'll pop back in later girls - pretty much did my normal thing when I got home and now loooking at a gorgeous sunset! Going to grab "something" to much on. I will not use the C word

Old 02-05-2010, 05:03 PM

Sunset-what the heck is that??? We live in perpetual gray.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:38 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
Hey all have to share the tale of my two boys. My neighbor and I always, always have this discussion about my boys...I say they have proved that they are worth their weight in gold when it comes to protecting me, they have proved theirselves, he says he doesnt think that they would especially if I wasn't at home. WELL today they taught him a lesson and scared the begeezes out of him. While I was gone he came into the house not realizing I was not at home and he yelled for me. The boys went after him thankfully he was dressed in many layers ready to go sit in the woods deer hunting. They tore up is coveralls and his down jacket and did manage to draw blood before he was able to get the door shut seperating them. Now this is someone they know well so I am thinking because of the way he came in and yelled and with all the clothes it threw them off. Now I do think the discussions are over and that he now believes me, duh? I do not think a stranger would have faired as well!

Old 02-05-2010, 09:52 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Painter: I bet the nursery is BEAUTIFUL! Sometimes a lesson has to be learned the hard way! I don't think your neighbor will doubt you in the future!!

Joy: I feel so loved--my own folder on your computer!! I made it to work safely. It was rough going. I hope and pray I can get home in the morning. I do not want to be stuck here. Pittsburgh has over a foot of snow and it is still coming down.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:30 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
I need to finish my Pink Saturday weekly blog but wanted to jump in and say hey! Joy that is sweet of you and very touching that you have a whiteboard and folders of your friends here..and we are ALL friends here...

Well the interior doors are all up and shiggaboom! they look fab. Our neighbor did a bang up job, Carl and I removed and replaced the door hardware which was not hard but tiring..heated up our leftover skettie and made some garlic bread, Paul stayed and ate with us..he is from England and we love to hear him talk. His s.o. Brenda is also a lovely lady, she is a graphic artist and had a job today down by the beach so we insisted he eat with us..

Tex, stay at work if its hairy out there, better safe than sorry, Watsaboo will be fine! Not worth risking your life to get home..feel free to text me later if you want.

Painter, love your boys...guess your neighbor won't doubt you again. These guys that come around trying to sell security systems crack me up...hellooo..do you see these growls and teeth standing here. I dare anyone to try to bust in here lol.

PS No SOD...BAH

Ok back to blogland..hugs to you all!

Old 02-06-2010, 04:24 AM

Morning-Prayers with Tex and her journey home.

Old 02-06-2010, 07:07 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times
A definite freakin blizzard here!~ but I am used to this stuff from back in upstate NY!

Winds are about 35 mph here.....drifting.........and dark!!

Shel- be safe. Like Joy and LAce said if you have to stay there, stay put girl!! come home later!! I saw on Weather Channel you got a foot! I think we have almost 1 foot or more, I cannot tell with the drifts!!We in Ocean County got socked! Over my kids heads with drifting! I can feel a snow day coming-omg-probably a week lol with my luck lol. they delay schools for an inch so I imagine this will be a day or two..ugh. Supp. to be sunny tomorrow and Mon..mid 30's then we will have flooding!

Lace- you are next to be hit? I see this one went from DC to NJ here...my kids love it!

Joy- back on mend. Hub feeling better than he did but definitely taking awhile. I still feel off from being sick but feel alot better than I did...thanks for asking chick!! Can I come over lol......I am ready for some sun!

LMAO Barb! Shigaboom lol.. love your wordage! you crack me up! will check you rpics out!

UPDATED WEATHER BULLETIN ON OUR SHELLBELLE!:
I called Shel and she is staying at the hospital. She was going to trek home and think I talked her out of it! lol..SHe will stay over.I told her since she had to work again at 7p tonite, why on Earth trudge home! it'll take her 3 more hours just to get home... Shell is safe! and get some shut eye girlfriend!

Last edited by njsocks; 02-06-2010 at 08:26 AM..

Old 02-06-2010, 08:36 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,511 times
Stay safe everyone in the path of the blizzard! Texas, glad you made alternate plans for Watson, just in case you had to stay put at work. Painter, I think that's great that your dogs protected their turf. How's the neighbor doing? Would love to see a picture of the nursery. Did they pick out names for the baby yet? Wouldn't it be funny if it was a boy...not a Misty, but a Shredder, lol. Joy, how's everything down in PA? Wish I was there, and not in the winter doldrums...bleck. Lacey, how's Mr. L? Barb, did you get the cabinets in the garage already? Are those the doors you are talking about? I feel your pain about living with boxes. Hope you're feeling well today. I love British accents, too. They sound so classy. DH and I are thinking about going to a cattle auction today, just to look. Also, Craigslist is amazing...I found some really nice horses listed on there. Crazyma, I can understand why you got so involved in it, as there is something for everyone on that site.

Niki, hope Sean is feeling better, and if I said anything to upset you, or offend you, please accept my apology. My intention, and I believe that of others, is to help you to take action so that he can get better. If I was at all harsh, I do apologize. Sometimes, I read back some things I've written and they definitely don't come across as they were intended. I believe it's called the "prosody" of speech...both tone, and inflection, which also relay meaning. It's hard to hear that in the written word. We are all friends here and all care about each other. Sometimes a little tough love is needed, but please know it's done out of caring. I sincerely believe that. There are good ladies on here. Hugs to everyone.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:39 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Sunset-what the heck is that??? We live in perpetual gray.
Whoops - sorry forgot MN winters. Will not say the S word again lol Mr. L. still doing great? Think that's so cool he'll be out in time for anniversary and Bday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hey all have to share the tale of my two boys. My neighbor and I always, always have this discussion about my boys...I say they have proved that they are worth their weight in gold when it comes to protecting me, they have proved theirselves, he says he doesnt think that they would especially if I wasn't at home. WELL today they taught him a lesson and scared the begeezes out of him. While I was gone he came into the house not realizing I was not at home and he yelled for me. The boys went after him thankfully he was dressed in many layers ready to go sit in the woods deer hunting. They tore up is coveralls and his down jacket and did manage to draw blood before he was able to get the door shut seperating them. Now this is someone they know well so I am thinking because of the way he came in and yelled and with all the clothes it threw them off. Now I do think the discussions are over and that he now believes me, duh? I do not think a stranger would have faired as well!
LMAO this was just what I needed today lol and will teach him about not listening to you about 'your protectors' and you're right - if it would have been strangers breaking in, well, there would have been shredded meat all over the house. My Rott was the same way with 'parkas'. Had a male friend come over during winter and Heiden charged him, though did stop about 6 inches from him in 'attack mode', hair standing on end, growling - course I was there and Heiden put himself between my friend and me. It even kind-of scared me 'cause I'd never seen him in 'attack mode' before. I grabbed his choke chain and told my friend to get that dang parka off NOW then Heiden was fine when he recognized my friend. But I pity the fool who ever tried to break into my house - he probably would have eaten their bones too lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

Joy: I feel so loved--my own folder on your computer!! I made it to work safely. It was rough going. I hope and pray I can get home in the morning. I do not want to be stuck here. Pittsburgh has over a foot of snow and it is still coming down.
Course you do girlfriend Have one for each of you - saw update from Annie and glad you're staying over. We want you safe. Can't say enough times how much I do NOT miss the frickin' snow. Watson will be fine and you'll be safe - that's what's important XXOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
I need to finish my Pink Saturday weekly blog but wanted to jump in and say hey! Joy that is sweet of you and very touching that you have a whiteboard and folders of your friends here..and we are ALL friends here...

Yip, now just need to remember to take a picture of it so I can send to you all anyone looking in my office sees it, along with my Virgin Mary statue (though I'm not Catholic, but hey, I can use all the help I can get)

Well the interior doors are all up and shiggaboom! they look fab. Our neighbor did a bang up job, Carl and I removed and replaced the door hardware which was not hard but tiring..heated up our leftover skettie and made some garlic bread, Paul stayed and ate with us..he is from England and we love to hear him talk. His s.o. Brenda is also a lovely lady, she is a graphic artist and had a job today down by the beach so we insisted he eat with us..

Barb doors looked GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a difference. Unbelievable how simple things like that can have such an effect. You're dinner sounded great - won't say what I ate lol

Painter, love your boys...guess your neighbor won't doubt you again. These guys that come around trying to sell security systems crack me up...hellooo..do you see these growls and teeth standing here. I dare anyone to try to bust in here lol.

Yeah, Halo would rip the skin off down to the bone cops wouldn't have a problem finding the intruders - just follow the blood trail lol

PS No SOD...BAH

Ok back to blogland..hugs to you all!
Sorry about the SOD, but guess the one armed bandit was praying harder. Oh well - you could have gone through all the work of planting it, to only have it die because wouldn't grow well in the desert so maybe a blessing in disguise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
A definite freakin blizzard here!~ but I am used to this stuff from back in upstate NY!

Winds are about 35 mph here.....drifting.........and dark!!

Shel- be safe. Like Joy and LAce said if you have to stay there, stay put girl!! come home later!! I saw on Weather Channel you got a foot! I think we have almost 1 foot or more, I cannot tell with the drifts!!We in Ocean County got socked! Over my kids heads with drifting! I can feel a snow day coming-omg-probably a week lol with my luck lol. they delay schools for an inch so I imagine this will be a day or two..ugh. Supp. to be sunny tomorrow and Mon..mid 30's then we will have flooding!

Lace- you are next to be hit? I see this one went from DC to NJ here...my kids love it!

Joy- back on mend. Hub feeling better than he did but definitely taking awhile. I still feel off from being sick but feel alot better than I did...thanks for asking chick!! Can I come over lol......I am ready for some sun!

Glad everyone is back on the mend, but not surprised about DH as he had the big P in addition to that horrible plague that infected your house. Make him take it easy this weekend.

On sun, in the words of the immortal Bob Barker "Come on Down". We've been having warm days and cool nights in Boquete. This is the time of the year I just love here - no rain, just sunny skies (whoops, sorry Lacey)

LMAO Barb! Shigaboom lol.. love your wordage! you crack me up! will check you rpics out!

UPDATED WEATHER BULLETIN ON OUR SHELLBELLE!:
I called Shel and she is staying at the hospital. She was going to trek home and think I talked her out of it! lol..SHe will stay over.I told her since she had to work again at 7p tonite, why on Earth trudge home! it'll take her 3 more hours just to get home... Shell is safe! and get some shut eye girlfriend!
Thanks for the update Annie and Shel once again, glad you're staying at the hospital instead of trying to drive home, only to have to brave the roads again. We want you safe girl and like Annie said, just get some shut eye - think hospitals have rooms for when nurses/docs have to stay over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Stay safe everyone in the path of the blizzard! Texas, glad you made alternate plans for Watson, just in case you had to stay put at work. Painter, I think that's great that your dogs protected their turf. How's the neighbor doing? Would love to see a picture of the nursery. Did they pick out names for the baby yet? Wouldn't it be funny if it was a boy...not a Misty, but a Shredder, lol. Joy, how's everything down in PA? Wish I was there, and not in the winter doldrums...bleck. Lacey, how's Mr. L? Barb, did you get the cabinets in the garage already? Are those the doors you are talking about? I feel your pain about living with boxes. Hope you're feeling well today. I love British accents, too. They sound so classy. DH and I are thinking about going to a cattle auction today, just to look. Also, Craigslist is amazing...I found some really nice horses listed on there. Crazyma, I can understand why you got so involved in it, as there is something for everyone on that site.

Niki, hope Sean is feeling better, and if I said anything to upset you, or offend you, please accept my apology. My intention, and I believe that of others, is to help you to take action so that he can get better. If I was at all harsh, I do apologize. Sometimes, I read back some things I've written and they definitely don't come across as they were intended. I believe it's called the "prosody" of speech...both tone, and inflection, which also relay meaning. It's hard to hear that in the written word. We are all friends here and all care about each other. Sometimes a little tough love is needed, but please know it's done out of caring. I sincerely believe that. Ditto. There are good ladies on here.
LOL yeah I sure was surprised when Misty turned out to be a he No wonder he was so out of control with me calling him a girls name With DS I just 'felt' I was having a girl, but with him had to have ultra sounds every week 'cause I was high risk after almost miscarried in first trimester, so we knew he was a he before born. Should have seen his dad's shoulders go back when he saw he was having a son. I actually wanted a girl, but that's okay. Love my DS. And yes, Craig's list is amazing - we even use it to post some of our listings and get good inquiries - Sara is the queen of Craig's list and e-bay

Sara, so how are you and DH feeling? Has the PT helped and have you gotten in to see Chiro yet? Any news on DD and DGD?

Kristine, hope baby on mend so you're getting some sleep and so glad pup is okay. You're lucky having a vet tech in the family - kind-of like us having Nurse Shelly

Danielle, gather internet still not hooked up yet, but we're thinking about ya girl.

Lorrie hope you guys are doing good and all is well there.

Ended up having to run down to the office to write a check that my asst. forgot to tell me I needed to write yesterday so of course she called me at an inopportune moment. Got to the office just as contractor showed up so the timing was good but it's almost 1:30 and still drinking coffee Now to check emails.

Everyone have a great day and a big howdy to anyone I forgot to mention. I'll pop back in later after I check dreaded emails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate