Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2010, 11:50 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,022,807 times

Advertisements

ah, but Painter are your flowers blooming yet? yes, will order a 3rd toy, are you up for the race, haha??

Old 03-30-2010, 05:58 PM

Funny story!!!!
my sis, who had a bra hanging from her purse in Walgreens and a toilet seat cover hanging from her pants texted me earlier. she was on the treadmill at work working out with a friend during her lunch break. she got off the treadmill to tell her friend something. forgot to turn it off. got back on and fell, on her side and butt AND as she put it, the treadmill carried her off!! i can just picture her, Ms. "I have my own office now".
thinking about menu for Easter. DH and i decided to make dinner, since it is our first official holiday in our new home. Ham, garlic or horseradish mashed potatos, carrots, asparagus, appetizers.... and hopefully i can convince him to make a carrot cake for dessert (if i make dinner).
still working on stain and trim today. what about everyone else?

question, what size ham should i get? just 2 of us, but would like extra for sandwiches for a couple of days.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:25 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,845 times
Stoy Do you think we are related our sisters seem to do the same type of crazy things. Maybe we should arrange a get together and you an I can just sit back and watch....comedy central? No the flowers are not blooming but all of my trees and shrubs are in full bloom. Tulip trees, dogwoods, azaelias, ect a nice flash of color here, next will be the Lillies and Iris...soon.
Now as to the ham, I did one for the kids when they brough the baby home and it was 6# bone in and was a perfect size for them. They had dinner and then sandwiches for 2 days out of it. The kids are trying to convince me to do dinner Easter Sunday, guess I will since I have no better offers, lol. We do ham, potatoe salad, broccoli, eggs and beans, I will do all the cookin' and clean up too...now I know how my mom felt except she was ole fashioned and thought that the "lady of the house" should wait on company. She taught me different and here I am turning into my MOTHER, she would be so proud, lol.
I am always ready for a race as long it is not on foot, my feet that is.........later

Old 03-31-2010, 11:02 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,368 times
Yummm...all this talk about food. Stoy and Painter, your dinner plans both sound delicious. Stoy, did you ever get the copy of your taxes sent to your new address? Crazyma, how's the waterproofing going? I only drove our tractor once...not ready for a race yet ladies Cdcdguy, any offers? Hi to everyone else. Home sick with a cold, as I was up all night between hot flashes and coughing. Think I'll have some tea with honey...later.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:26 PM

Hi all. cloudy, dreary here today. Tambre, on monday we got a copy of our taxes in our mailbox and a notice to pick up a(nother) copy of our taxes that were sent certified. coincidence we got both on the same day, after all the mess ups. are you feeling better?? try lemon, too, for some vitamin C, well maybe you won't get much but tastes nice!
snow is melting fast, about half gone, but snow showers next couple of days.

on weather channel's weather map, we are on the border of getting a foot of snow!!! oh no!

Last edited by BCG8; 03-31-2010 at 07:37 PM..

Old 04-01-2010, 03:01 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,701,903 times
Well the weather here in Indiana is beautiful. Sunny and 80 today. Had another showing last night and one on Friday. Still no offers, but still trying to stay positive. I have now had more showings in the last 2 weeks than all last year.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:54 AM

Good Luck...You sure are getting alot of traffic there! Have to ask what part of Hoosier state are you in? I spent 22 yrs in Indiana, so just curious....

Old 04-01-2010, 08:17 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,182,553 times
Morning all!
Stoy- funny about the treadmill! I am scared of'em, that would happen to me I am so clumsy...Your Easter dinner sounds yummy. Are you going to get a bone-in ham? I say spring for a spiral cut- mine always look like a earthquake hit them when I start cutting, at least spiral would give you a good start and save that bone to cook in a pot of pintos! But those little boneless are pretty good too. I'd say 5-6 lb sound about right. did you know you can freeze sliced ham? Just layer between wax paper, wrap in foil- I do a few packs at a time & put in freezer bag, and pull out enough for sanwiches/dinner as needed...let thaw in frig

Tambre- spring cold, yuck...or is it sinus? You are around a lot of different plants than back in NY? And hot flashes, poor dearie....maybe try some Black Cohosh, suppose to ge good for them. I bet you fields& trees are getting green...just overnight our trees are now showing green!

Painter, sounds like we all need to come to your house for dinner, since you're cooking Ah, my tulip tree is showing some color, about to break out. windy as all get out, may rain Fri....ha, what do those weatherment know?!

Cdcd- you are getting lots of showings! Hopefully someone will come take a 2nd look see & throw you out an offer Any usuable feedback from the showings? Do you think you have it priced well for the comps in your area?
This is such a difficult time all over the place for sellers...I dread listing this one because my hubby is gonna be a tough cookie when it comes to price. Now me I would practically give it away to be DONE, ha.

Hello to everyone else out there in our viewing audience!

Back to work outside- sowed grass seed where they regraded some in front- fingers crossed it comes in right. Contractor coming by this morning- have a small issue to deal with...

have a great day- will pop in later!

Old 04-01-2010, 09:44 AM

Cma, guess a no bone one. actually whatever we see first! when do you think you'll put your house on the market?
tambre, how are ya feeling?
Painter, how's it going in Fla?
Cd, that's awesome, all those showings!
snowing like crazy here, starting to stick.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:51 AM

this time of year amazes me...all the different weather throughout the country. Snowin in Co and mid 70s here, may get 80 over the weekend...no rain...happy dancin'.

My yards are starting to shapin' up some...back to loading the trailer to haul off to the burn pile, came in to throw the clothes in the dryer and get a drink.....my one woman show is suffering here gals!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate