Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2010, 03:03 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times

Advertisements

Got the darn fairy soap , so where are the siily fairies to use it cleaning here??!!

And found some seller fairy dust I am passing on to all you sellers for good luck

Old 04-06-2010, 04:57 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,087 times
Oh, Cma, I see what you mean, i must have the updated version of the fairies- the invisible ones. huh.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:03 PM

50,369 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Wow, it's been another very stressfull day. I've spent a few years being on hold, and stagnating, just waiting for a buyer so we could move on. So now, it appears we have a deal, but it is way lower than we had hoped, and our first moving/storage estimate is $11,000+. We are glad to be out from under the burden of this place, but really frightened at how expensive our move will be. Plus we have to be out of here before we'll be able to close on another place. This, too, shall pass.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:03 PM

yeah stoy the only cleaning fairy in my house is 5'8", 100 & notsaying lbs., badges of honor inher hair (grey) adna wonky back...haha

Mop the kitchen & i am done...for now!

Okay gentlearts- let us know!!!!! we needa do a happy dance! Came back on 'cuz you posted when I did! YAYAYAYAYAY---
like my daddy said- an offer in the hand is priceless!!! ( well, 2 in the bush , haha) GIT"er DONE!
WOW that is a LOT for a move & storage... may I ask where you are and where you are going?? Have you thought about doing the PODS, or something like that...I know ABF offers a u pack it, we haul it thing...

Soty, wasn't that the kind of thing y'all did??

Anyway, Here is a link to Graebel....they moved us from Miami to Wichita....and we were very pleased with them. they also offered storage, but we didn't need it.

http://www.movemyhouse.com/

Last edited by crazyma; 04-06-2010 at 07:15 PM..

Old 04-06-2010, 07:59 PM

Gentlearts, we used ABF, very good, good price and they do storage. just something to think about. congrats, though. we also took "less" than we wanted and felt bad/weird when we did but i do not regret it one bit. moving on is priceless.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:36 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,702,233 times
Gentleatrs- Glad you got an offer! Hope is wan't too low. I used Bekins to move into this house 3 years ago. Was pleased.

STILL no offers. The 2nd lookers Friday passed, saying they came up with more money for more house. The feedback is good, except the same old... we don't like the cape floorplan, wow you have a lot of trees, must be a lot of leaves to rake, ect. Can't do anything about that.

Still... I have 2 more showings today, but getting really tired of all these people trampling through the house, and no offers. These 2 showings will bring the number to 15 in 23 days. AMAZING. We are already priced at the bottom of the comps, and really don't want to go much lower.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:30 AM

50,369 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Thanks all.
We will for sure be getting a few more moving estimates. We're moving from Ohio to Savannah and will need to store everything for a period of time. We came down about 3%.
We're reeling with the costs coming at us, so we'll most likely need to scale back on the price of the new house.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:53 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
WAHOOOO! Congrats........it is so nice to hear of contracts. I got an estimate from ABF too and it was very reasonable for moving from here to Knoxville, right a grand. I would pass out if I was qouted 11k, I would just sell and donate it all and then buy all new. Do you have family in Savannah or is this a job move? I have looked online at some places there too, just considering options is all. So are you gonna keep us posted on progress, don't just disappear now that you are no longer gonna be a seller, lol...When is closing set?

Old 04-07-2010, 09:32 AM

Okay I gotta rant on this
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcdguy View Post
Gentleatrs- The 2nd lookers Friday passed, saying they came up with more money for more house.
And right there Cdcd you summed up what I believe to have been the root cause of all this housing crapola. MORE house...more money.

WHY do people want to go out and max out? Instead of trying to get the most expensive house they can possibly squeeze, why not work your way UP-
find the 'cheapest' house in the best location, best condition, with the most features/qualities that you NEED..not want!

Okay- I know I sound 'cheap', but seriously folks. Plus I tremble when I hear about people getting loan approval based on 2 incomes...
it is so simple to understand how to not get in over your head, yet like lemmings leaping into the sea peeps still follow

That is what drives me insane with those homebuyer shows on HGTV. Some couple has $___ for a down payment and by golly they are going to look at the MAX house they can get for that.
God forbid they buy something less expensive, and maybe save some of the downpayment for unexpected expenses or to put toward an update/remodel project.

oh to be queen for a day, heads would roll

Old 04-07-2010, 10:56 AM

Cma, that's exactly what we did!! found the cheapest house in the best location with what we needed!! yeah for us!
ok, need to vent here, too. i mean Bi$tch.
im so sick of sanding and cleaning the siding!! i cant take it. im tired of grit in my hair, eyes, teeth, all over my clothes. why did i even shower today? im filthy already. my arms hurt, my hands hurt, my shoulders. ok, im done for now. back to sanding! oh, it's looking good, though. will post another pic soon. DH is now on the extension ladder getting the high stuff. will have 2 full walls done today!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate