Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2009, 06:20 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times

Advertisements

Hi Painter-yes this is the earliest since 1970. And right now I've had my fill.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:26 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
I could not handle 5-6 months of the snow, I would go into a rage for sure. My sis is in the neck of Idaho and she is crazy because she loves the snow, always has. And every winter she takes a bad fall and either ends up on crutches or with an arm in a sling, still never complains about it.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:19 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,944 times
Texas, I would be very careful about opening up my home to someone I don't know. She could rent a hotel room for a week, and then you could find out from your co-workers who have gotten to know her, or hear how she is at work, before considering having her live in your house. You have the perfect excuse, that you'll be away on vacation for a week.

Stoy, you're getting close! Almost there! Whoohooooo!

Old 10-15-2009, 07:28 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
yeah painter, it is heck losing weight....just hate to throw those old panties out tho'!
OMG LMFAO - when I thought weight loss not quite what I had in mind god i'm choking here i'm laughing so hard. Could use those bad boys as an awning or something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

That is hilarious about you and Anne as June and Mary!!! I am trying to picture you with your umbrella singer "Super-Cali-Fragil-Istic-Espi-Ali-Docious" and Anne calling The Beav's bus driver Sideway Sally!!!!

LOL - yeah those 2 fit mine and Annie's personalities LOL "Eddie Haskell you stop that!"

I better check the weather reports...I dunno nuttin' about no stinkin' snow storm!
Like ya said, you won't be there though so 'let it snow, let it snow, let it snow'! Get Watson on that surfboard, girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Well the bread tasted delish..but i think something went wrong

LOL..well at least I didn't burn down the place. Hey I never said I was domestic.No what I think happened was there was just too much dough for my machine..so next time I will cut the recipe in half. I have to say it was delicious, just a touch of sweetness. it sliced very nicely and I made DP and myself thick cut grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner..and we had a couple warm slices with butter just because. I have enough left for toast tomorrow.
I just had to laugh when I opened the breadmachine when it was finished and I saw THAT!

Ok going to have a glass of milk and a graham cracker and head to bed..no wind tonight so hopefully the doglets sleep.

Night all..!
Hey Barb, maybe not enough yeast so it would rise? Dunno - never made bread but did have someone else not rise correctly 'cause I didn't put in enough yeast - but so long as it tasted good and didn't have to call the fire department alls good. So how are ya feeling today? Hope you got some sleep last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
OK...going to run something by y'all....

There hasn't been a scratch of overtime at my hospital for over 4 months and things are a little tight because I had to pay for my cruise and my RE taxes when the escrow company bellied up and embezzeled all my money. So...this opportunity is presenting itself to me.

There is a travel nurse who is looking for a furnished room in Pittsburgh for 3 months while she does a travel nursing contract here. I have an extra bedroom, so I thought why not. I don't know her...complete stranger. She's been a nurse for over 18 years. What do you think? It would help me out with some extra money.
Hey Shel, on our rentals we get 3 personal and 3 professional - last renters (from Texas mind you) sent presidents of 2 banks as references. Also, you can run a background check on-line (get results in like 24 hours?) and it's pretty dang cheap. Basic one through one company was under $30 then full blown one was like $65 mas or menos. That sucks about the escrow company embezzeling all your money. ers. But easy enough nowadays to check someone out and I know my DS pays a pretty penny for his 'room' so, could be a win/win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hi Painter-yes this is the earliest since 1970. And right now I've had my fill.
I'll bet you are hon and sucks 'cause just the beginning. We must get you out of MN. Too much dang snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning, Having some major computer issues here. Dang thing keeps shutting off the internet and yet it is staying connected, geez..........a royal pain in the azzzz

So I suppose you've done all the normal things like rebooting router and main internet box, repairing connection etc.???? It will show you're connected even when not - was doing that to me last night and had to reboot both my wireless and main internet thingy like 3 times before would work right (and then repair connection)

Another foggy morning here, like I have said before I am in swamp lands...
Well watch out for any gators in the swamps! Actually woke up to sunshine today which was a nice change. Other than fog, rain and swamps how's everything with you? No more brawls next door?

NJ you at the bus stop dealing with El Rude Ones or taking a match to those fences lol Really should report those bus people. Enough of you all hate them and they shouldn't be around kids. How are you and Mia feeling today?

Goldy, hope you having a good day girl and the sun is shining where ever you are.

Lorrie, hope you and the family doing good. Still can't get the cute pic of Willow out of my head. She's just so precious.

Amy, are you FINALLY packing? With a dog lover doing the appraisal plus all the compliments on the house know it's going to turn out well. (and yes I ate last night lol)

Oh Jody! Hope you're good girl and closing a bunch of houses!

Roth hope you're day is starting good and don't let the sick one in until she's not sick. Last thing you need to to catch whatever she has. Say hi to Miss Sophie for me.

HDL - well, we ain't gonna stop so might as well give up the ghost

Niki hope todays a better day for ya.

Anyone I forgot didn't forget, just not enough coffee in me yet. I'll check back later. Gotta get my butt in gear and have more coffee so I can somewhat see.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Texas, I would be very careful about opening up my home to someone I don't know. She could rent a hotel room for a week, and then you could find out from your co-workers who have gotten to know her, or hear how she is at work, before considering having her live in your house. You have the perfect excuse, that you'll be away on vacation for a week.

Stoy, you're getting close! Almost there! Whoohooooo!
Well morning girl - you posted while I was writing my novel lol How ya doing?

STOY! Knew when I hit submit there was an amiga I didn't ask about! Knew it! Dang I hate having to have coffee in me before my brain works! You are getting close! Yee Haw!

Addition: and Shel, maybe that's another win/win - you'll be gone so tell her you'll need to check references then you can check at the hospital????? Good idea Amy!

Old 10-15-2009, 08:17 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Amy, excellent idea! Hotel it while Tex is gone and then when she gets back she can face to face with her...it's a tough call but more and more folks are needing to rent out rooms, and lots of folks need them..and Joy, good idea about running a background check too..

I slept about 6 hours, our hot weather is BACK. Supposed to be close to 100 this weekend and 90's into th enext week. At least it will cool down at night enough to open window's and doors. That's all I care about.

NJ did you get the pictures I sent of the doglets? I sent them with my kodak program so hope they got through and hope Mia and Noah enjoy!

I wish we would hear from Hammy, HDL and Jody and who else is MIA. Pop in and say hay!

Ok need to get dressed before I don't.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Amy, excellent idea! Hotel it while Tex is gone and then when she gets back she can face to face with her...it's a tough call but more and more folks are needing to rent out rooms, and lots of folks need them..and Joy, good idea about running a background check too..

I slept about 6 hours, our hot weather is BACK. Supposed to be close to 100 this weekend and 90's into th enext week. At least it will cool down at night enough to open window's and doors. That's all I care about.

NJ did you get the pictures I sent of the doglets? I sent them with my kodak program so hope they got through and hope Mia and Noah enjoy!

I wish we would hear from Hammy, HDL and Jody and who else is MIA. Pop in and say hay!

Ok need to get dressed before I don't.
Hey Barb, glad you got some sleep last night and thank god you have those doors/windows as well as found the 'missing one' lol in your BR so you can open up that bad boy tonight for some cool desert breezes. XX

Old 10-15-2009, 02:09 PM

Hey Lacey...don't feel bad, it's sleeting here! October 15th, WTF!

Old 10-15-2009, 02:22 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
You two better bundle up and hibernate for the winter!! Just came in to change clothes, went to help set posts on the job site and am soaked....hot and humid now. Came to swap jeans to shorts and a dry shirt.

Well the idiots are out shooting now, no one showed at the barn for work so guess they are target practicing....great.

Okay back to mixing concrete...love the job, lol.....

Old 10-15-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
You two better bundle up and hibernate for the winter!! Just came in to change clothes, went to help set posts on the job site and am soaked....hot and humid now. Came to swap jeans to shorts and a dry shirt.

Well the idiots are out shooting now, no one showed at the barn for work so guess they are target practicing....great.

Okay back to mixing concrete...love the job, lol.....
Well, no wonder your shrinking. Mixing concrete, sweating, you must burn off all the calories you take in. How big is the deck you're building? How far down do you need to dig the holes to get the posts set below the frost line? So, is it still raining? Maybe the rain is helping to make the dirt a little softer to dig in?

Have you heard anything from the potential buyers? Hang in there Carol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate