Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2010, 05:51 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times

Advertisements

There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

ha- have a good evening!

Stoy- glad you are home safe and sound- just take it one day at a time...or even minute by minute

Old 04-30-2010, 06:23 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,022,098 times
Thanks guys. is it normal to have a lot of anger? We finally were able to look at our whole property without ANY snow! we walked everywhere, looked at everything, talked ideas. we have several perennials in the backyard, not sure what, though. need to rake them out and clean em up. flowers coming up out front, too. feels like we just moved here!
Painter, i said more nasty things too about them!! $%^(%$#@!!!

Old 05-01-2010, 06:53 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
mORNIng out there.....I hit this in the morning and you all come on in the dark hours, lol.

Stoy, It is normal to have anger....and saddness, laughter, then add in resentment, and emptiness and confusion and and and..........I went through abit of everything when my Mom passed and it has been many many yrs, there are still days that I miss her deeply. It gets easier and then one day you wake up and can not believe its been ....a yr, 5 yrs or 10. Hang in there and just take it as it comes.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hi Stoy, Glad you made it home safe. So you are doing LOGO's now, huh? Sometimes it really sucks when reality hits, isn't it? You have a rough time for the past few weeks and now without all the "activities" you are winding down and bam, just give yourself some time now and don't beat yourself up over your own thoughts and feelings. Take care....ARE YOU LISTENING?

Said afew things a bit nastier than that about the lost buyers but what can I do You know. Just dont expect much out here anymore, it is not like it is in my hands anywayl........Well we got the rain today, no snow lol, now that would be somethin'...........later

logo yes, that's the word

Old 05-02-2010, 08:08 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,511 times
Stoy, hope you are feeling a little better, each day.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:17 AM

thanks Tambre, im trying. how is work going? you shouldnt have much longer, right? i like your status, but i almost immediately got a headache since it reminded me of a 3 hr philosophy class i had (too many big words!! ). i got a headache in that class every time!!

we had a coating of snow overnight where's spring?? yesterday, DH and i cut and stacked about 3-4 cords of firewood. looks like a lot but when you see what the neighbors have, it's not. some keep a "reserve" which alone may have 10-20 cords. that's crazy!!!!

how is everyone else today?

CD- have the showings picked back up?

Old 05-02-2010, 12:56 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
Default those tacky ticks....

found a good article for ya Tambre, and anyone else in tick land IMHO staying away from DEET and other chemicals as a deterrent is at least good enough to try

How To Repel Ticks Naturally: Try These Natural Home Remedies for Tick Repellent

the light clothing,hat thing is really good, lot easier to see them

hope this helps!

off to be a busy bee...moving my art/craft room back to the front spare BR

Old 05-02-2010, 08:35 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
thanks Tambre, im trying. how is work going? you shouldnt have much longer, right? i like your status, but i almost immediately got a headache since it reminded me of a 3 hr philosophy class i had (too many big words!! ). i got a headache in that class every time!!

we had a coating of snow overnight where's spring?? yesterday, DH and i cut and stacked about 3-4 cords of firewood. looks like a lot but when you see what the neighbors have, it's not. some keep a "reserve" which alone may have 10-20 cords. that's crazy!!!!

Kudos to you for cutting and stacking that much wood! Better to have too much, and let it dry an extra year. Seeing that you are surrounded by a pine forest, is that what you're cutting? My friend in upstate NY had a bit of snow a few days ago, and she said that further upstate and in Vermont, they had around two feet! Crazy weather!

how is everyone else today?

CD- have the showings picked back up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
found a good article for ya Tambre, and anyone else in tick land IMHO staying away from DEET and other chemicals as a deterrent is at least good enough to try

How To Repel Ticks Naturally: Try These Natural Home Remedies for Tick Repellent

the light clothing,hat thing is really good, lot easier to see them

hope this helps!

Thanks for the link Sara...I went out to eat today, before cow shopping, and pulled five crawling critters off of me during the meal, and three after! Prior to lunch, we had been out in the long grass, fixing fences. Anyway, I'm not a big fan of DEET, but I'll try the Tea Tree Oil...have some on hand. The dogs have Frontline on them, but the ticks cling to their fur, and then they bring them in the house. I guess I should brush them off before letting them in. Hmmm, the garlic thing makes sense, because my DH loves garlic and onions, and isn't bothered by ticks as much.
Damn those little buggers.

off to be a busy bee...moving my art/craft room back to the front spare BR
Was the front spare BR where your DGD was staying, or did you redecorate or something? How's your back these days? What is your next craft project going to be?

CDCDguy, Painter, FOG, Rothbear, any good news?

Painter...went riding the other evening. Our across the street neighbor has horses. He does team roping and penning. It's been thirty years since I did any riding that wasn't on a trail ride. It was fantastic...except the other neighbor's white puppy kept ambushing the horses, causing the one I was riding to buck a little.

Have a great evening everyone!

Last edited by tambre; 05-02-2010 at 08:36 PM.. Reason: hard to read

Old 05-03-2010, 03:04 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,700,899 times
Hi all. Oh the weekends go so fast! At least I didn't spend it cleaning. No showings. This is the first week since March with none. But after 21 showings and no offers, I am not any worse off, now am I? See, I am being positive!

Old 05-03-2010, 07:31 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
Morning all, No nothin here but didn't expect anything either.....nasty weather again.
Tambre, There is nothing better than ridin' a good reining horse. Hows the back side today, to many yrs out of the saddle and all, lol ??
Crazy, I tried the garlic thing on the dogs and all it did was add to foul breath which they already bad, lol. The Tea Tree I have no idea but I do have some here, cant remember for ill I bought it for though....must not of work since I can't remember.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate