Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2010, 06:58 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,678 times

Advertisements

Dogmom, good to see you posting here again. What's new with you out in CA? Are you landscaping? Getting through all those boxes? Stoy, how's the splitting and stacking going? Did you get all the trim painted on the house? Painter, what's new in your neck of the woods? How are the boys? Crazyma, hey girl, how's the back? Is your theory of turning over when dh gets up still working? CDCDguy, what's going on with the showings these days? Anyone have any showings lined up? Roth, if you're out there, thinking about you. Hope your job is going well. We are expecting really bad weather here...tornado watch to the West of Springfield, headed towards the Ozarks. Crazyma, are you in the clear? Gentlearts...what's the latest status?

Old 05-10-2010, 07:09 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
Hi Tambre, not much new out here, June 1 we will be here one year..wow where did that time go??

We are still working on the backyard..we have trees, plants and DogPaw built a garden wall..still need to backfill that and plant citrus..and we have dirt and need sod...DP had surgery on his shoulder in Dec if you remember and he is healing well, but ortho says no digging yet, and we need sprinkler pipe in first..its getting hot now so not sure if we want to do it in th heat or wait until fall. He got a quote for sprinklers and sod 1600 but says too much. We have turned very frugal and the dirt isn't THAT bad lol.

We are all ok, my boys are ok, older son has a girlfriend, since before Christmas so that is good. the son that got married last year is doing well too. no complaints. Oh and the dogs are still wreaking havoc, lol.

Hope you are all well!

Old 05-10-2010, 08:17 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,087 times
Barb, a year already back in Ca? i remember all that chaos with your former neighbor!! agh!
Amy, more wood today, so tired of firewood. in my hair, in my nose, in my eyes...
Sara, how's the weather, did it get worse again?
Painter, CD, FoG, how are you??

Old 05-10-2010, 09:28 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
Hey Gals! Not much new to report from here, same crapola different day. Just getting through one day at a time, no longer worrying about the state of the house, back to just living in it. You all know that I am anal on yard, organizing, cleaning, ect...today I did the whole garage one big swoop. BUT...I didn't even make the bed today, lol...see I am breaking some habits, lol. My boys are still doing their thing like stripping the beds and carrying off the throw rugs, who cares ya know.

Tambre, Has your cow's health improved? The guy I wanted to talk to is in S. FL fishing till June 1sts and the other was drinking his ills away. So I can't help ya...sorry. Are ya gonna be there for the birthing? They are just so dang cute when they are born!

Dogmom, I bet the dirt will still be there come fall, lol. Can't believe it has been a yr already dang! But yeah I want to know if the boxes are off the back patio too.

Stoy, Will your wood burner heat the whole house for you? I had built a house in TN once upon a time, it was centered around the wood stove which had a blower on it...cheap heat. Have you finished the exterior staining yet?

for those in the storms...take cover and be safe. Gosh this is a horrible year for storms...prayers!

Old 05-10-2010, 10:24 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times
Hey all...yes stoy, we are okay, the front with the tornadoes whipped on by fast, we got some wind & rain and thankfully no hail

Tambre are you guys doing okay there, I saw the storm was heading north northeast?

Sorry I have fallen behind here & not caught up with showings, wood chopping, buying or selling and dear little sick cows. BUT I am thinking of all of you!!

Been distracted the last couple of days.
Haven't really said anything about it on here, but these last almost 8 months since my dad passed have been tense. Issues with the 2nd wife,as things having to do with will and estate, whatever you want to call it, are not being/getting done...and DD and I are completely clueless to the real situation. Initially was told by her one thing, then no communications and now hearing from elsewhere different things being told.
Well I won't go all into it here, except to say I think I was in denial, and trying to play nice, SOMETHING...but that is fixing to change. Finally got my dander up .....enough, an attorney here I ran things by told me I best get one back home. This is not going to be easy.(prayers appreciated)

Anyway I hope you all have a good week, I'm gonna be busy but will pop on as can
PEACE and whipped cream for everyone!

Old 05-10-2010, 11:54 PM

BOXES..still a dirty word lol. When my sister was here from IL in March, we spent a whole Saturday out on the patio and we got rid of half of them..donated stuff, dumped a lot of stuff. got it under control out there with the boxes reorganized and up against a wall..So we have our nice patio table and 6 chairs and bbq all able to be used..the garage is a disaster still. Things in the house are getting put together..I've decided to sell my office desk suite and that entertainment center...will turn the office into a sewing/scrap room. I use my laptop 95% of the time so its just not usable in there..now to find a buyer!

Stoy, oh yes remember she invited me out when Carl was down here doing house stuff and she thought he was an abuser. Egads, hard to believe that was a year ago...and I had the shingles, too.

Hope you are all in good decent weather tonight..windy here, this has been the windiest spring on record I have heard..I seem to brin bizarre weather whever I go. I do have to say tought that we are enjoying our home here, and it's actually feeling like 'home'.

Cma, hang in there, its always good to vent. Don't let that woman walk all over you!

Ok have a good evening, what is left of it!

Old 05-11-2010, 02:57 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
dogmom, I didnt realize that
Spoiler
boxes
was a bad word, lol. I will add that to my long vocabulary of words that I can spill when I need to, lol. As in you are a box next time I talk to my neighbor...Oh boy will he be confused!

Old 05-11-2010, 03:15 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
dogmom, I didnt realize that
Spoiler
boxes
was a bad word, lol. I will add that to my long vocabulary of words that I can spill when I need to, lol. As in you are a box next time I talk to my neighbor...Oh boy will he be confused!
funny!!

Old 05-11-2010, 05:57 PM

That IS funny..its not a 4 letter word, it's a THREE letter word..!

Old 05-12-2010, 02:46 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,702,233 times
Hi all! Not much new here, except 23 showings now since March. No offers! I will give up at the end of July. I have an elem. school in my neighborhood, so maybe someone with kids will buy for the school year. Other than that I am ready to pull the plug. Maybe if I admit defeat, someone will buy.....

Another uplifting cd post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate