Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2009, 02:09 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Was supposed to sign Sophie's papers today, but she managed to throw up twice this morning. I had been giving her a little bit of baby food sweet potatoes (saw on a cat website to do this to help with fiber intake) with a few chicken pieces. Well imagine watery sweet potatoes on a beige rug! Then she ate several pieces of dry and immediately threw that up......at least on the tile this time. So we are back at square one again. I called the woman and told her that when she came to bring a cat carrier because I can't do this anymore. Well, we had a talk and she talked me into trying one last time using a raw diet because she thinks Sophie does not tolerate grains well, which there is a lot of in dry food. I wasn't sure because it is expensive unless you can make your own. I went up to the store (holistic pet food store) and talked to a woman there and she wants me to try a higher grade canned food first combined with a probiotic powder added to the food. (Food not too bad, but powder is expensive.....good thing I only use 1/4 tsp each time.) She said that the stool might be soft at first, but should clear up in 3-4 days. She said to try this first because of cost, but she really thinks it will work. She said that some cats can also be sensitive to chicken and fish, so we are trying beef first. I would have thought that chicken or a mild fish like salmon or tilapia would be better, but apparently not. She said once we get her established on the beef and get everything else cleaned out, we can try other flavors to see if they work. I don't think that I would still be willing to try if she wasn't really great on everything else and appears to be very happy here.....and I DO love her. It would break my heart to have to give her up now. She is curled up beside me right now sleeping away. It's rather chilly here today and since our house is built on a slab the floor is colder. I had draped a throw over the loveseat and finally convinced her to come up. She got this look like........wow, it IS softer and warmer up here.........and curled up and went to sleep. But then again, I did "drug" her a bit by putting fresh catnip in her fuzzy toy that has a velcroed pocket for that purpose! Leave it to me, on top of all the other stuff, to get a defective cat!! GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

ROTH: I agree with Tex and Joy,,,,,
Not to be a PITA but I have to tell you is it fair to the cat if you are afraid of it puking etc/? Let me tell you a little story...When I had my twins I was overwhelmed...with the twins..Not one but 2 kids at once who burped, farted, puked, spit up...etc..I had a lab and felt I had to give him to a better home.....it wasn't fair to him.... He now lives in VA *one of my hub's coworkers* has him and we ask about him and he is loved ....I just couldn't do it with twins.....who were at my becon call....we had no help. I wish I had a dollar for everyone who said, you do have help dont you?? LOL..
Morale of story...if its too much for you for a hairball,pukefest...etc...give him to a home who will take the good with the bad............Not trying to be rude but it's just what I see through my eyes .

JOY would give anything to pick up puke off her rug if her cat was alive. Just my two cents. GOTTA take the good with the bad and if you cannot there is someone who willl out there....IF IT'S too much for you to handle!
I have to get to the busstop. Sideway sally will sit on me if I am not there .

Old 10-16-2009, 02:27 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,270,725 times
NJ, that is so true..only Roth can decide how much she can handle..and hopefully there is another home for Sophie if she decides she can't do it. She is giving it the 100% try, thats all you can do.

And I agree about pets in general..they aren't for everyone..As much as a dog lover i and DP are, there was a time when we just didn't have the time or energy. Our first dog, Missy, came into our home when Dan was about a year old..she was mostly an outside dog, oh she was so good and loved the kids, but she was easy and like I said mostly outside..We just couldnt do dogs and kids.. We really never got 'into' our dogs until the boys were teenagers and our lives got different at that point..Just because one can't handle it now doesnt mean they can't again someday. Living proof of that.
Do what your heart tells you!

Ok off to nap! love you all!

Old 10-16-2009, 03:53 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,841,918 times
Friends prayers needed for a miracle. The AF Capt., Nick Giglio, who was lost in that horrible crash over SC yesterday is a friend of our kids' and their friends. His older brother, who graduated HS with my son, passed away a few years ago from cancer. This poor family has been thru the mill and could use prayers. Thank you.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:55 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,442,837 times
Roth, Only YOU can decide what to do. It will do neither you nor Sophie to be upset, and if you can not deal with the clean up then you may need to find her another home. It will not make you a bad person, only a honest responsible one. I have had animals my whole life, good ones and bad ones. I have paid high dollars and I have rescued and even did a repo on a horse once. I was a licensed breeder and owned kennels and Let me tell you I would happily take an animal back if it did not work out, always asked why, made suggestions but never ever passed judgement on those returning an animal. You make the best decision YOU can.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:04 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,841,918 times
Roth-you've gotten great advice from some of the best!

Old 10-16-2009, 04:36 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
What do ya all think about Balloon Boy and his family. I vote for hoax or publicity stunt..well the police are interviewing the fam again tomorrow..i think we were punked to be honest with you.
A TOTAL publicity stunt---they need to be charged by the police for wasting all the time, energy and resources required in searching for that kid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hi all-late getting here just a p-ssed off day and I'm stressed.

Weather is still grey and wet, snow has been washed away. No sun for many days now.

Mr. L got up and is having problems again and of course our damn doctors are both away til Monday. Nurses have called and advised going to ER if it becomes necessary. I have some Flagyl (antibiotic) and upped his prednisone. I told them this would recur every 3 mos (and it has) but what do I know.

I'm dealing the only way I know-massive food shopping and cooking and he's not even hungry.
Wish I were there to help you deal with your stress....I would help by eating all your delicious cooking!!
It has been a slow all day steady rain here...relieved it isn't snow.
I will be saying some prayers for you and Mr. L . You and him have been through a lot with his GI problems. {{{{HUGS}}}}
Quote:
Friends prayers needed for a miracle. The AF Capt., Nick Giglio, who was lost in that horrible crash over SC yesterday is a friend of our kids' and their friends. His older brother, who graduated HS with my son, passed away a few years ago from cancer. This poor family has been thru the mill and could use prayers. Thank you.
You got 'em Lace.

Roth....Trust me...when Watson peed all over my bed I was so angry....but not at him---at myself. He is still a puppy and learning. He lost his priviledges of sleeping with me. (I think he prefers not to sleep with me--I don't think he likes my snoring!) Not that Sophie can learn how not to puke because I think it's in their DNA to puke up hairballs and such. Do what you think is best. But I don't think you should keep putting it off if you are going to give her back. That way someone else can attempt to bond with her. I think she needs vet care, not a holistic pet store telling you to try another food.

Check out this newest and biggest cruise ship. Make sure you watch the video!! WOW!
http://www.forbes.com/2009/10/15/mos...tner=yahoobuzz

I made a yummy cinnamon cake today!! And for dinner.....
Salmon pinwheels and mixed veggies!

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 10-16-2009 at 04:46 PM..

Old 10-16-2009, 05:08 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,312 times
Ever wonder what a hillbilly hot tub looks like? Wonder no more!

Old 10-16-2009, 06:11 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,021,926 times
Lacey, just like Tex said, prayers for You, too. hugs.
We are under another winter storm watch for tomorrow and sunday. this is crazy!
tex, i hope that's their hot tub and not BATHTUB!!!

If what I read is right, how crappy is it for someone to post a new thread and refer to all people who lost their homes or just gave up as trash and losers?? Unless I'm reading it wrong??

Old 10-16-2009, 06:27 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,270,725 times
Quote:
Lacey, prayers coming for you and the Giglio's..i always wonder why so much happens to one family..I never understand it and I guess it's not for us to understand. Have they found him yet, or any sign of him..please let us know.

And I hope Mr. L. is feeling a bit better..all this sickness gets old and especially G.I. problems....sending hugs over the airwaves here )) ))

Old 10-16-2009, 07:01 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,467 times
Prayers lacey for hubby

the SUN came out today!! and it was so nice I got outside and mowed and started cutting back for winter YAY!!1
now to clean up and fix some simple soup & sanwiches
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.