Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2007, 03:09 PM

63 posts, read 184,134 times

Advertisements

I have an FSBO open house scheduled for this weekend. It is listed in the local paper for Saturday and Sunday. I have listed it on the web in many local venues and I have signs on the roads and flyers printed out. Where do I put the flyers? I don't want to break any laws by sticking them where they aren't allowed to be. I am only giving the FSBO thing 2 weeks and we are into it one already with no bites. I don't like doing it this way but if I can get something, then I might stick with it. We are below appraisal already and wondering if we are trying to sell in the wrong market. People really want you to give the house away. Any tips?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2007, 09:23 AM

71 posts, read 344,095 times
Have you listed it on Craig's List?
Check you local city web site for ordinances on sign and flyer postings - it varies by city.
Have plenty of flyers for your open house. Introduce yourself and allow the potential buyers to look around. Be available to answer any questions but give them space.
Good Luck with your open house. Pm me if you need an agent recommendation.

Old 06-02-2007, 08:36 PM

107 posts, read 121,265 times
Fliers are good.
CriagsList gets views, I used it myself for an open house and being the Six Sigma quality guy that I am, charted the responses and visits of buyers per various advertising method in order to know how efficient I can be in selling homes and making people aware of them. CraigsList attracts investors (that you dont want) and basic bottom feeders. I think its a great place to sell a vaccuum cleaner, but very few folks are out driving around on CL with 300 grand in their back pockets...

anyway - you decide.

I would also suggest STAGING your home. Make it lovely, add some new flowers, clean it really well and eliminate clutter. Enlist a neutral party to help you with this such as a trusted friend who will give it to you straight.

Am not soliciting anything here - I wish you all the best. If I can think of any other tips, I will let you know.

Any questions, PM me.

Lester
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate