Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 07:43 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,553,903 times

Advertisements

Oh good grief, I give up.....these folks do this on a daily basis and I don't. When I asked the attorney about the HOA dues well in advance of the closing they should have said something. They make a different mistake and now I have an urgent problem? I don't think so.

They can write me a formal letter outlining the specific details of the error as well as issue an amended HUD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 08:52 PM

392 posts, read 1,095,726 times
If it was an honest mistake, you should not argue and just pay it. Math, or numbers never lie. They are what they are and in the end it would have been the same anyhow.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:16 PM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
Oh good grief, I give up.....these folks do this on a daily basis and I don't. When I asked the attorney about the HOA dues well in advance of the closing they should have said something. They make a different mistake and now I have an urgent problem? I don't think so.

They can write me a formal letter outlining the specific details of the error as well as issue an amended HUD.
Sorry you're in this predicament - but you're really playing with fire when it comes to the home warranty.

If they do cancel the policy due to non-payment and the furnace craps out (like another poster said) next week ... which would be less of a hassel?

Paying the a couple hundred now? Or paying a couple of thousand?

Old 11-16-2009, 09:26 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times
How can they cancel the HW? It's already been paid for? Could be a bluff but I'm not sure you want to test it for $200. If it's a legit mistake, I'd probably just pay it.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:54 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,553,903 times
This is no longer my house - if the furnace dies [and it won't because, as the seller, I made repairis there inspector missed but I found when repairing the AC because it was the *right* thing to do] it is not my concern. .......

I already told them I would pay AFTER I reviewed each and every line item on the HUD. When she wanted the money, she even sent me the wrong HUD; that is how sloppy they are. I hae never seen such incompetence.

I do intend to pay the bill but go through the revised HUD and verify every last penny is in order.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:39 AM

845 posts, read 2,327,631 times
I'm sure you paid plenty for your Title Insurance for the Buyer. That's what it is there for; errors and omissions. You got your money. The Title company is paid a large sum to collect and distribut money, and you pay for insurance in case there are errors. It's res judicata. A good reason to have caller ID on your phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate