Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 03:14 PM

62 posts, read 257,599 times

Advertisements

Just saw this about that show Flip this House. The guy who was doing it in Atlanta got his RE license revoked for fraudulent behavior and the local news team did an investigation on him. Turns out he never owned any of the flipped houses and a lot of the work they did to them looked like complete garbage. The people who appeared to buy the house on the show were just friends of his -- it was all staged!! They interviewed the landscaper and he said that he was told to just dig holes and put the plants in - pots and all - so that they could pull them out after the TV shoot. The guys name was Sam Leccima and if you google his name it should pop up.

Unbelievable!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2007, 03:48 PM

1,025 posts, read 4,095,696 times
Pathetic! What a shame.

There was an enthusiastic response in the Atlanta subforum to that program ( here -- I quoted this post and linked it over there, too).

Old 05-15-2007, 04:14 PM

Location: Sometimes Maryland, sometimes NoVA. Depends on the day of the week
1,501 posts, read 11,753,094 times
I loved the first season of Flip This House, with Richard Davis. Ever since he
"left" the show, its been horrible. The San Antonio crew is horrible to watch, and I wasn't too impressed with Atlanta either. Richard has moved over to TLC with The Real Deal - seem to be bordering on Extreme Makeover Home Edition, but it still has Richard, Ginger, and that crew. I love it!

I'm about to go googling on the guy you mentioned. Sounds horrible!

eta: I hope I can link here - Flip This Lawsuit blog has a link to the video of the investigation

Last edited by rubytue; 05-15-2007 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: added link

Old 05-15-2007, 05:06 PM

428 posts, read 2,440,288 times
I agree re San Antonio "flippers".
He is SO disagreeable!! If my DH spoke to me like that, or did the things that moron does.......oh, wow.

Remember the one where he wanted a professional photog to do a shoot- for free? I hope it was all for drama and he's not really like that.
At least the Atlanta fraud had a pleasant personality.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:14 PM

Location: Sometimes Maryland, sometimes NoVA. Depends on the day of the week
1,501 posts, read 11,753,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyM View Post
He is SO disagreeable!! If my DH spoke to me like that, or did the things that moron does.......oh, wow.
It was the episode with the husband vs. the wives that turned me off the show. I stopped tivoing it and waited for Richard to come back to TLC But that episode... the way they treated their wives and the workers... calling a contractors and telling him to refuse to work for his wife... the bit about stealing scantily clad women from the beer store?! Ug!

Old 05-15-2007, 05:23 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
The San Antonio Flipper "Armando" is going to be here in Dallas at a Trump motivational seminar - just saw his mug in the paper.

Another good reason not to go!

Old 05-15-2007, 05:30 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Here's a link to the new Richard Davis/Trademark show:

http://tlc.discovery.com/guides/prop...real-deal.html

Old 05-15-2007, 07:25 PM

279 posts, read 1,859,442 times
I tried to give the next group a chance too. But I just could not stand Armando. That same episode of men v. women, he grabbed an ice cream right out of a workers mouth and threw it across the yard and yelled at his wife for buying everyone the ice cream. I stopped watching him right then.

I am glad to here about Richard on TLC. I didn't know that his show had moved. I will look for it.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:29 PM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyM View Post

Remember the one where he wanted a professional photog to do a shoot- for free? I hope it was all for drama and he's not really like that.
At least the Atlanta fraud had a pleasant personality.
With his putting lipstick on a pig mentality, I won't be surprised if an owner who watches the show will sue him for all the mold and other code issues he covers up on his houses.

Old 05-16-2007, 05:24 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Geez. I loved the original w/ the Trademark folks and Richard. The San Antonio crew was ehhh but the Atlanta one never did anything for me at all. At least the guy in San Antonio knew a little bit about houses whereas the guy in Atlanta was a dimwit about everything. What his wife wore w/ that pregnant belly and ON TV was horid. I don't think I ever watched an entire episode of the Atlanta crew.

Yep, saw that Armando was going to be in Dallas for that Trump motivational racquet. Totally put the whole thing into the gargabe as it had zip credibility w/ some of the folks that were featured. Like I'd go in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate