Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 01:41 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,575,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyFriendly View Post
Well, according to what I find, the average listing price for similar homes for sale is $385,500 and the average sales price for similar recently sold homes is $358,067.

As for the "sale" above, it is listed as sold on County records, so it should be just as good a comp as any other.
Nope. No appraiser will use that price. There was no real sale involved. The real sale will take place when the bank puts it back on the market, my guess is probably in the mid-$200's at best. What does your agent say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 01:46 PM

756 posts, read 1,653,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post
Nope. No appraiser will use that price. There was no real sale involved. The real sale will take place when the bank puts it back on the market, my guess is probably in the mid-$200's at best. What does your agent say?
She was supposed to call 45 minutes ago. No word yet.

Bottom line is we are calling the buyer at $358K. He can take it or leave it.

I hate this "process." It makes no sense whatsoever.

Old 12-04-2009, 03:39 PM

139 posts, read 568,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
Are you sure these people are not reading this post?

Old 12-04-2009, 03:49 PM

We rejected the offer. Anyone reading this post involved in bidding on my house - make it good or bring me the broomstick of the wicked witch of the west.

Old 12-06-2009, 06:03 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Quote:
I know every sale is different, but any of your valuable advice is appreciated. I am not circumventing my agent here, just seeking imaginative ideas we may not think of ourselves in this 24 hour response time.

We asked $375K, they offered $318K - less that 85% of our asking price.

They didn't check any appliances (odd, isn't it?). I have to read the rest of the contract, but that is essentially it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks. You rock.
I would counter with something. They say (and statistics show) that your first offer usually works out to be your best offer. You wouldn't want to lose the opportunity to sell your house especially in this market --unless you don't care if you sell it or not. It would be awful if you lost that buyer and then had to wait another six months while the market worsened... for an offer that came in at $265k.....

Also don't offend this buyer by being stubborn about your price and then a month later change your mind and go back and try to accept the offer, they might decide to lower the offer further.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:00 PM

We countered. Their call. Our final offer (although we didn't tell them that.)

Old 12-30-2009, 01:26 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
I know every sale is different, but any of your valuable advice is appreciated. I am not circumventing my agent here, just seeking imaginative ideas we may not think of ourselves in this 24 hour response time.

We asked $375K, they offered $318K - less that 85% of our asking price.

They didn't check any appliances (odd, isn't it?). I have to read the rest of the contract, but that is essentially it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks. You rock.

You need to counter offer back. But not without seeing the current COMPS in your area. I am curious, did your agent not bring this up with you at all a counter offer, if not this is very unusual. That is $57,000 lower then your asking price, can you afford to accept an offer with a $57,000 price tag attached below your asking price, and still be ok with the deal. Only you know for sure if getting $57,000 below your asking price, is acceptable to you. Depends also on your situation, and why you are selling. I personally would not accept an offer $57,000 below my asking price, but i am not you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate