Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 10:40 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,121,789 times

Advertisements

Find a way to hang the tenant on some little thing in the lease and kick his arse outta there. That is totally unreasonable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 12:36 PM

302 posts, read 868,380 times
Maybe both of the others were too loud.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:40 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,423,134 times
Offer them cash for keys to break the lease.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:44 PM

23,212 posts, read 29,023,557 times
If they are car owners, you may have your quickest solution sitting right out there in the parking lot. You may have to set your alarm a couple nights for 3AM, when all is quiet on the western front. And at that hour, your imagination will be in high gear. Use it!

Old 01-08-2010, 08:07 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,102,333 times
Resorting to harrassment of your problem tenant will probably not get you the desired result. It may, however, result in charges, both civil and criminal, against you. I suggest you ignore tiglover's suggestion.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:00 PM

18,467 posts, read 31,621,245 times
Just tell the old crab to either kill the calls or move, and stop giving you aggravation.
Here in Brooklyn, we don't play, and yeah, say it wit an accent !

Old 01-08-2010, 08:17 PM

23,212 posts, read 29,023,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Resorting to harrassment of your problem tenant will probably not get you the desired result. It may, however, result in charges, both civil and criminal, against you. I suggest you ignore tiglover's suggestion.
No prosecutor is even going to bother with a case where there's no concrete evidence, no witnesses, no fingerprints or surveillance camera.

Not even the CIA, FBI or Scotland Yard would be of help.

In any number of cases, "crime" befits "crime".

Old 01-08-2010, 08:20 PM

59 posts, read 222,131 times
I'm renting a town house right now where my adjacent joined neighbor calls my apt office all the time even for small noise... my apt mgr got tired and told the neighbor to call the cops when he hear the noise and then they can take action against me... so, one day we were watching movie during the day (around 11am) and he called the cops saying we were being loud... the cops knocked on our door and asked what was going on... i told them I'm watching a movie... so I asked the cops why he was checking up, then told me abt the neighbor complaining... I asked the cop if the movie sound I'd was loud... the cops told me that they were outside my apt for last 20 minutes trying to listen if I was loud... they told me the noise level I'd was very acceptable, especially during the day time... the townhome we live in has very thin wall that u could hear everything the other neighbor is doing... so this jerk neighbor was just being a PITA... after the cop left, I call my apt mgr and told them what the cops said... so, next time my neighbor called the apt mgr, the neighbor was told about the thin wall and shut up and suck it up or move to a single family house where noone will bother u... some people r just like that... always whining/complaining and don't understand what living/mingling with neighbors mean.

A long story and probably don't contribute to anything the OP was asking for, but I just wanted to vent

Old 01-08-2010, 08:35 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,736,838 times
When their lease is up I don't think you are required to renew them as a tenant. Just make sure you give them enought notice that you have chosen not to renew their lease and they must leave by the time the lease expires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate