Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 10:37 PM

114 posts, read 397,927 times

Advertisements

Agents all attend similar seminars to fine tune their marketing skills and get ideas on how to stand out. If you see a face often enough, and if you remember the catchy little phrases of one or another, then maybe you will call that agent in the future. Also, if you think of it, agents go into people's homes, and that picture is your only visual id you may have before this person brings perfect strangers into your home. It may be corky, but there is a reason for it all.
I've got to admit, we never really look as good in real life as in our pictures; I like to kid that it's my younger sister on my card, as we seldom update that 'younger version', but what the heck, try and enjoy it all. I'm an artist as well as an agent, so I put, Your Real Esate Artist', and believe it or not, people who like art strike up conversations with me and it sometimes leads to a listing.
One agent at a seminar whose name was Crook, used it to his advantage, saying, the nicest Crook you'll ever meet in real estate.
In addition to 'branding' oneself to hopefully stand out, you want to assure people you are also able to promote a client's home...we are all just trying to do a good job. Maybe it's a little vain; it takes a certain kind of individual to make a living as a salesperson.....
Years ago, there was a car salesman who advertised he would 'stand on his head and eat a bug to sell you a car...' Who can top that! I enjoyed this post - tell us more tag lines....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 07:54 AM

1,681 posts, read 6,029,802 times
A betcha most real estate brokers don't know why they do it-Outside of the fact that all the other real estate brokers do it.
It's all about branding. The company they work for has branded their logo, name and image. Brokers are independednt contractors-So they are trying to brand their business-Which is themselves-Hence all of the pictures.
The real question is this-Is my picture going to inspire the populous-as a whole-to contact me. Any picture will inspire a degree of contact, but will adding my picture generate the business of type, quality and quanity that I want?? If not-I'd reconsider using my picture.
It isn't about you. It's about the general public and their response to your advertising. (Note I didn't say marketing)

Old 05-24-2007, 08:53 PM

1,453 posts, read 5,149,534 times
One reason for having pictures on business cards is ID. When you go into someone's home it's nice to be able to let them know that you are who you say you are. And, it's good to have it on your website. Just so people know who you are.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:02 AM

989 posts, read 2,762,014 times
Default Realtors, be honest...

On your first day of work, did your boss recommend a studio to go to to get a "glamour shot"?

Old 09-24-2007, 09:56 AM

631 posts, read 2,445,799 times
I don't use my pix to brand. I don't want my pix circled, just the property. I'm taking people to very remote places. If I have a weirdo call, I send him the photo album with my boyfriend and myself in the boonies with him carrying his gun.

There is a broker in my area that is always getting ridiculed over her mug shots as she's probably in her 60's and way overweight. The pix she uses looks like her senior photo and she uses it all the time.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:35 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
I like having the head shot on the card, it helps me to remember who handed it to me or to get an idea of who I am meeting if we drive around looking at houses. I do feel that the photo shouldn't over power the card as some I've seen do.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:17 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,366,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen B View Post
Now that is really tacky!

What about tag lines? Those can be really good too, can't they? My favorite one I saw on a billboard had a picture of a female agent with her tagline: "(Agent's name)really moves it!" . . . It took me awhile to figure out that it was houses she moved.
WOW.....not just tacky...but SCARY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate