Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2010, 06:12 PM

127 posts, read 490,176 times

Advertisements

Yes, I read the details. But supposedly "Enhanced" Title Insurance is a "new" product, and I wonder if it's just another way for the insurance companies to dig a little deeper in our pockets?

I'm buying a single family home built in the 1950s and owned by just one family. There is a shared driveway. Not sure what other details matter...

Any thoughts on this are appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 07:07 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times
What is "enhanced title insurance"? You are required to have title insurance for lender. If it's just a fancy name to ensure your equity do it. It it's something different let me know.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:40 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,581,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
What is "enhanced title insurance"? You are required to have title insurance for lender. If it's just a fancy name to ensure your equity do it. It it's something different let me know.
For an additional cost it covers more than the standard policy for problems that may come up after issuance of the policy. Here's a discussion that includes pros/cons:

An Insurance Offer You Shouldn't Refuse - washingtonpost.com

Old 01-06-2010, 08:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Sounds like insurance on the owner's policy for legal services maybe...
I read that they do things like pay your legal bills if someone forges your name on a deed.

Nah..I wouldn't do it. I don't do the additional life insurance on my mortgage or the additional "extended" coverages on other things.

Now the article ends with "older homes may have issues....". Well if they do then it should all come out in the wash with the commitment and then reconciled (one way or another) by the time of closing.
You do not want to close and they may not give you a title policy if there are outstanding issues not resolved by closing.

IMHO I think that's just a new grab for some money,.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate