Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 03:16 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times

Advertisements

Relocation intermediary -owned homes are often some of the best values in the market place. Be aware that it often takes more time to negotiate with a relo company because not all have the final say, in the matter.

If you really want the house, why not go see it tonight and if it's the right home for you, write an offer. Sounds like your agent friend who loves money would be game to accommodate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 03:48 PM

214 posts, read 564,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Relocation intermediary -owned homes are often some of the best values in the market place. Be aware that it often takes more time to negotiate with a relo company because not all have the final say, in the matter.

If you really want the house, why not go see it tonight and if it's the right home for you, write an offer. Sounds like your agent friend who loves money would be game to accommodate.

Thanks for the info.

I agree that tonight would be a great time to go. . .but we are having some nasty weather right now. . .and not sure that I can persuade SO about the difference between tonight and tomorrow morning.

We did call our agent though about the showing. . .he has not contacted us back with details. I hope it's a go. . .

Old 01-25-2010, 07:17 AM

Spoke to our agent this morning and the listing agent told him that the home already had 1 backup offer. . .and we would be the 2nd. Also, both offers were strong and above asking price. . .

He did ask her about the status issue and she said that she hadn't gotten around to it. Not sure about that though. He did agree that it was against MLS rules.

Odd enough, our agent seemed deterred. So, we will head back to the drawing board and wait/watch.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:39 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,575,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessnATL View Post
...Odd enough, our agent seemed deterred. So, we will head back to the drawing board and wait/watch.
Well, with a strong accepted offer and 1 backup offer in hand, I wouldn't be very optimistic either.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post
Well, with a strong accepted offer and 1 backup offer in hand, I wouldn't be very optimistic either.
Yeah, we've redirected our attention to other places. . .but want to keep a watch on that relo home. It was a killer deal in our second-choice location. In the neighboring city (1st choice) where we are renting (less than 5 miles away), that home would go for $200,000 more. . .it is more affluent and the market seems to be a lot "hotter".

We have come across a "pending short sale". . .our agent is checking into the status of its approval. If all is approved, then we are very interested in going for it. Initially, I was against short sales but the pickins are getting very trim in the area. CRAZY how the market is picking up here!! We are confronted with this. . .and also many "delusional" sellers who are still way overpriced.

Thanks again everyone for the advise. . .

Old 01-25-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
...We have come across a "pending short sale". . .our agent is checking into the status of its approval. If all is approved, then we are very interested in going for it....
Not sure what you mean by "pending short sale". Is it noted as "pending" in the MLS? Here, "pending" would mean a contract has been accepted. In a short sale situation, the next step is to get bank approval to finalize the sale. Again, you may be able to submit a backup offer.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post
Not sure what you mean by "pending short sale". Is it noted as "pending" in the MLS? Here, "pending" would mean a contract has been accepted. In a short sale situation, the next step is to get bank approval to finalize the sale. Again, you may be able to submit a backup offer.
The property status is "active". . .but the listing agent has in the write-up "short sale pending bank approval". So, we have our agent looking into it and any possible offers already on the table. We are not very interested in chasing short sales--especially one that has not been approved. So, depending on where it is in the process, we may cross it off our list.

If this does not work, we are left hoping that the inventory improves by the beginning of march. . .

Old 01-25-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
The property status is "active". . .but the listing agent has in the write-up "short sale pending bank approval". So, we have our agent looking into it and any possible offers already on the table. We are not very interested in chasing short sales--especially one that has not been approved. So, depending on where it is in the process, we may cross it off our list.

If this does not work, we are left hoping that the inventory improves by the beginning of march. . .
Ah, OK, that's different and very common to say that in the description - means nothing except that they will need bank approval for any accepted offer. It's very likely that the bank will not start reviewing the short sale until they get an accepted offer from the seller.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:55 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Thanks again everyone for the advise. . .
You're welcome, our professional advice bill will be in the mail to you this week. Each one of us charges .50 cents for good advice. So far this year I've collected $1.25, it's going to be a banner year.

Best of luck, with 2 offers on the table I'd probably keep looking.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You're welcome, our professional advice bill will be in the mail to you this week. Each one of us charges .50 cents for good advice. So far this year I've collected $1.25, it's going to be a banner year.

Best of luck, with 2 offers on the table I'd probably keep looking.

$0.50 !! Wow, what else do you do?! At that price, I can afford just about anything.

Yeah, we have turned our attention to a short sale. . . but after hearing about the success rate of short sales, I think our best option will be to wait for "soon-to-be-listed" inventory . Hope February and March bring an increase in well-priced homes. . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate