Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 03:04 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,973,759 times

Advertisements

Speak with the agent's employing (aka managing) broker - this sounds very strange.
The commission will be listed in the final settlement statement - every dollar of the transaction is accounted for - so I don't get why the secret???
No, I don't like this.
If you have a signed buyer's agency agreement and since the commission will effect the offer -- it is my opinion that the buyer's agent is in violation of Article 1 of the National Assoc. of Realtors Code of Ethics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 06:38 PM

2,249 posts, read 8,878,257 times
I'm a little confused. When I did HUD properties for a buyer, the contract had right on there what the commission was that was being paid. It showed on the front sheet. Did something change? I haven't done one in roughly a year.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:26 AM

46 posts, read 231,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmcoasting View Post
I'm a little confused. When I did HUD properties for a buyer, the contract had right on there what the commission was that was being paid. It showed on the front sheet. Did something change? I haven't done one in roughly a year.
That was my point. We have not placed a bid as of yet. I asked him to tell me what his commission was in order for us to structure the offer accordingly. If he asks 3 percent than I will only ask 1% closing costs. If he asks for 4 percent commission I will not ask for any closing costs. I wanted my net offer to be around 96 or 97% of the listing price. As I told him, if he doesn't disclose it to me before making the offer. I will know as soon as the bidding results are published. I had to let him go this morning. I will be talking to the broker, later on today.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:30 AM

179 posts, read 451,204 times
Be careful since you have signed a Buyer's Rep agreement -- make sure you get whatever is necessary in your state to terminate that contract.

FWIW - the HUDs here pay 10% commission while standard is 6% (total commission).

Old 03-01-2010, 08:26 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,250,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nsian View Post
That was my point. We have not placed a bid as of yet. I asked him to tell me what his commission was in order for us to structure the offer accordingly. If he asks 3 percent than I will only ask 1% closing costs. If he asks for 4 percent commission I will not ask for any closing costs. I wanted my net offer to be around 96 or 97% of the listing price. As I told him, if he doesn't disclose it to me before making the offer. I will know as soon as the bidding results are published. I had to let him go this morning. I will be talking to the broker, later on today.
That did set off all sorts of red flags for me. Here, what commission the buyer's agent will get (minimum, anyway) is right there on the buyer's rep agreement.

I'm assuming you'll be talking with his broker to let the broker know WHY you want out of the buyer's rep with this particular agent. Good thing for the broker to know, and they're the only ones who can let you out of the agreement, anyway, here (don't know about your state), as the agreement is with the broker, not the individual agent.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:12 PM

46 posts, read 231,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
That did set off all sorts of red flags for me. Here, what commission the buyer's agent will get (minimum, anyway) is right there on the buyer's rep agreement.

I'm assuming you'll be talking with his broker to let the broker know WHY you want out of the buyer's rep with this particular agent. Good thing for the broker to know, and they're the only ones who can let you out of the agreement, anyway, here (don't know about your state), as the agreement is with the broker, not the individual agent.
Thank you all for your feedback. I wasn't able to get a hold of his broker on the phone so I went ahead and sent her an email explaining the situation and terminate the buyers agreement. The agent sent me an email a couple of hours finally disclosing his commission. I also got a confirmation of termination of the contract. I hired another agent who was transparent about everything I asked we went to check the HUD property and will be placing a bid on it tomorrow. Again, Thank you all for your feedback I knew I wasn't crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate