Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 04:50 PM

10 posts, read 45,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltracker View Post
What Silverfall said. It is your house, you can break into it if you want to.
I will beak into it if I don't get the keys tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 05:11 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,580,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashcan2 View Post
I will beak into it if I don't get the keys tomorrow.
As mentioned, be sure you have a copy of your deed with you showing you as the legal owner.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:45 PM

10 posts, read 45,038 times
I will get a certified copy from the county recorders office. My agent said there's some disclosures that needs to signed by the sellers before they can give me the key. I do not know what is the deal between them but I need access to my own house.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:07 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,053,873 times
Sounds very fishy. Have you called the title company? If there is a disclosure that needs to be signed, it should of been done at closing.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:51 PM

2 posts, read 2,018 times
I have a similar thing going on for me as well. I was recorded on the deed back on the 12th but due to repairs that the REO bank owners have not completed I am not able to complete funding and it looks like the deal is going to fall apart...despite me owning the property on paper. I'm seeking an attorney's advice (though he couldn't see me until 3/29) but am wondering if I'm going to get into any trouble as we were meant to close tomorrow and I was to start making payments April first--which I'm sure this won't be settled by then. Anybody ever hear of this problem before? Should I be worried? Any advice?

Old 03-22-2012, 07:16 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,998,561 times
Just for clarification of the process, in CA you sign documents, seller signs documents, your loan funds, then you record perhaps the next day. Sometimes this whole process can take up to 1 week if it's a bank owned home. If you have really "recorded" it is your house and you should have immediate access to the keys. I agree with the other posters that said to call the title to get an accurate status of the home. If they say it's recorded, call the agent and demand keys. If that doesn't work, call his broker (if he isn't the broker) and demand keys. Is your agent out of town and just doesn't want to drive to the house to let you in?

FYI - there are a number of local agents here that buy bank owned properties at auction, then flip them. This could be the case here. But if 4 agents own the home, it is not bank owned.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:21 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,580,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenustaV View Post
I have a similar thing going on for me as well. I was recorded on the deed back on the 12th but due to repairs that the REO bank owners have not completed I am not able to complete funding and it looks like the deal is going to fall apart...despite me owning the property on paper....
I agree with Nina. How could you record without first funding? Perhaps you are really referring to an escrow holdback agreement for the repairs?

Old 03-22-2012, 08:24 PM

8,543 posts, read 14,022,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post
I agree with Nina. How could you record without first funding? Perhaps you are really referring to an escrow holdback agreement for the repairs?
I would like to third this opinion. You can't record the deed unless the seller has been paid which would mean your loan has been funded. Once the deed is recorded you are the legal owner and entitled to keys, garage door openers, etc.

As was suggested to the last guy . . . get a copy of your deed and call a locksmith.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,018 times
I agree when all is right and good with the escrow world you are not supposed to be able to record a deed w/o funding. However, I went to the county recorder and on file as of march 12th there is a grant deed and deed of trust in my name and it has everybody scratching their head!
I've been told by my real estate agent and my lender that the title company made a major whooops.

I'm just wondering if this is a good thing or am I in big trouble now that I have a house but no funding and no way to get it funded unless somebody (bank owners, title company or fairy godmother) pays for the repairs so I can complete the funding process. I mean there is a part of me saying "right on! I own a house" albeit only on paper. I just want to know what my rights and options are...and I guess I'm hoping that this is an advantage for me and can inspire the bank to make the repairs.

I know it sounds crazy--that's why i'm going to see the lawyer next week. I was looking to soothe some of my anxiety with other's opinions or get some advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate