U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 01:31 PM

5,912 posts, read 8,217,972 times

Advertisements

I think you are adding your own drama here. Why have you not already picked up the phone today and called the seller and gotten this straightened out? no one here can give you a magic answer if you are waiting on one. Call, find out, eliminate the BS between you and the seller and buy the house.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 03:22 PM

10,217 posts, read 19,963,651 times
I don't think you understand all the details. Sit down with your agent and get the situation. You've said they want to apply with their lender and that they insist you use their lender. Is it possible they just want you to pre-approve with their lender to make sure you're a solid buyer? It's good business before a seller commits 4 months to a buyer and loses other potential buyers to ensure you a highly qualified buyer willing to hang in there.

So before you blow everything up (and don't call seller direct-especially on a short sale, to much emotion there), get the details straight. I'm reading some conflicting comments from you. Ask if they want you to use or just pre-approve and why, and give them the extension in writing. Has the bank even approved anything on your offer?

Old 04-20-2010, 08:44 PM

111 posts, read 237,078 times
Default This is a lost cause . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
I don't think you understand all the details. Sit down with your agent and get the situation. You've said they want to apply with their lender and that they insist you use their lender. Is it possible they just want you to pre-approve with their lender to make sure you're a solid buyer? It's good business before a seller commits 4 months to a buyer and loses other potential buyers to ensure you a highly qualified buyer willing to hang in there.

So before you blow everything up (and don't call seller direct-especially on a short sale, to much emotion there), get the details straight. I'm reading some conflicting comments from you. Ask if they want you to use or just pre-approve and why, and give them the extension in writing. Has the bank even approved anything on your offer?
I think our advice and suggestions are falling on 'deaf ears'! My earlier posts were similar, "You have to take charge and make the calls". But, still no ACTION on her part - just more complaints about her 'professionals' . . . .

Old 04-21-2010, 10:28 AM

60,359 posts, read 41,262,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post

I see many short sales and REO listings in my MLS making it clear that buyers must be pre-approved by a specific lender or use a specific lender to qualify for some incentive.

Of those that I have some familiarity with, these requirements are imposed by the banks or asset managers who are conducting business for the banks. It has nothing to do with the listing broker/agent.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:01 PM

2,249 posts, read 8,483,205 times
Quote:
The problem is I wont be able to meet the commitment deadline in the contract unless the seller's side agrees to grant an extension. My agent is part of the problem. Inexperience and eager to please the colleagues (i.e. other RE agents). My agent also keeps claiming "it's my first short sale" as an excuse to not be able to give me any helpful information... Should I get my contract/closing attorney involved?
Answer: Yes, you should have your attorney get involved and have them handle the issue regarding a committment deadline. Since this is a short sale I'm not understanding why there is a committment deadline issue if the sellers bank hasn't even accepted the short sale and you haven't been provided a letter stating such. So, yes, this is a contractural issue and you should have your attorney looking into it.
As for your inexperienced agent? Call the broker, explain the situation and ask for assistance in closing the deal from here on in. The broker should be training and guiding the agent.
I also completely disagree with the advise that you should go around everyone and call the seller yourself. You have an attorney. Use them. That's what they are there for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate