Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2010, 12:05 PM

704 posts, read 2,068,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest68 View Post
i really feel sorry for your agent.
y
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
You are right - no one does that. Why, if people started updating their homes, there would be a need for businesses that sold home improvement supplies. They could call those stores names like Home Depot or Lowes. Oh, wait.......
can you read?

I said I'd never had any relatives or friends (is that the whole world?) who spent hundreds or thousands doing updates. It is works and looks nice they leave it be.

I never said the middle and upper class don't spend money on their houses, just like they want new cars every 4-5 years.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:17 PM

people.....don't be so sad.......all threads have to end at some point and this one may be winding down.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:28 PM

wow......a few people's party balloons were busted with this offer.

all good things must come to an end........there are no exceptions.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:37 PM

17,359 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naeem5 View Post
wow......a few people's party balloons were busted with this offer.

all good things must come to an end........there are no exceptions.
Oh, I'm sure this party will carry on a little bit longer ...

There are quite a few things that could (and probably will) rear their head between contract to close.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:56 PM

yes, inspector and appraisal........everything works and the inspector that my agent uses says other than test lights, a/c, heat, the rest of his inspection is visual, so some of the visual things their inspector finds may already be known to the home buyers.

I used to move furniture and many closings were delayed, delaying my jobs by days or longer.

This is no nickel and dime loan like the one I was approved 2 weeks ago for $40,000, so at least their loan part of it seems solid.

You say quite a few:
1. inspection
2. appraisal
3. family issue like job relocation, family loss, etc.
4. lightning decides to strike my house.
a. lightning decides to strike ME (I've lost 2 fingers to 440 volts already)
5. I can't quickly think of any more "quite a few's"

Old 06-26-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Actually, I said you were selfish because you would think about having a child as a 60 year old single parent, who has chronic pain, not been able to work for years and is living at a poverty level. Not because you weren't lowering the price of your house fast enough.
And way to go for preserving your father's estate for your own benefit instead of letting him enjoy the money he worked for. And if, in the end, he needed to sell HIS house to pay for HIS care, it was HIS money. Not yours.
And he wanted wood floors - but you preferred carpet because the house was going to be yours. And you're not selfish? Seriously?
Alot of celebrities have adopted kids at old ages and had kids. I doubt Larry King wants to be called selfish for having a child at age 70.
I've never had a house and lived in a mobile home for 24 years and I'm selling a house to give life to a child, maybe, get a modest home, invest the rest so my income is higher.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:47 PM

17,359 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naeem5 View Post
Alot of celebrities have adopted kids at old ages and had kids. I doubt Larry King wants to be called selfish for having a child at age 70.
I've never had a house and lived in a mobile home for 24 years and I'm selling a house to give life to a child, maybe, get a modest home, invest the rest so my income is higher.
You cannot begin to compare yourself to a celebrity whos financial means FAR outweigh the meager $150,000 estate you've inherited.

And you're in poor health to boot.

Why do you want a child? Is it to have someone to take care of you AND increase the monthly social security stipend you get?

Old 06-26-2010, 04:34 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times
Did you just compare yourself to Larry King?! ROFL

Forget the finances (although you might feel like him with $150k, you need to keep adding 0s - ALOT of them).... The kid for him is about a smoking hot young wife who will have servants to servants lining up to care for it. You on the other had will have some black market Thai kid bought in an alley surviving on welfare and handouts. PUH-lease.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:44 PM

if we had spent my father's money or let him spend it haphazardly he could have died because we had no way to pay the in-home medical once his money ran out, and medicare wouldn't.
If we conserve his money it meant he lived.
It was life and death matter.

no 88 year with 30 teeth should be spending $10,000 on 2 new teeth. PERIOD. It's called losing your mind. We were close to exercising our durable power of attorney and taking over his finances. My health is not that poor, chronic pain, cataract, bad left knee, other matters that affect ability to work long hours, standing long hours, I'm not on my death bed. I want to be a parent like everyone else and have since age 20. It has not happened, so I got to make it happen. Some child will get a chance to live if I go to an egg donor clinic.
I signed the contract and the buyers are hoping to change the FHA loan to conventional and 20% down so they can close in 2-3 weeks. They wanted a $112,000 house thru my agent for MONTHS and there were other offers in. So, yesterday they found mine and went straight up in price and made an offer. I think they are in N.C. maybe 50 miles away based on their earnest check.
It sounds like a job offer in Charlotte so they are ready to make a move now. They did not mention anything at all about updates. They made an offer and it has been accepted pending financing.
My agent says it's 95% done, and once the inspector, pest inspection and appraisal are over it's 99% done deal. I was going to counter offer but did not and if some other minor repairs come up they might not get me to bend. I'm bending to accomodate their offer. They are excited and their agent of course is, as she got a sale in 1 day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate