Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2010, 08:24 AM
SKB SKB started this thread

900 posts, read 3,498,353 times

Advertisements

Hi I am just starting out in real estate and found out that I can not use my MAC laptop with the MLS.
Does anyone know a way around this issue?

I did some googling and it appears that some people have down loaded various programs to allow windows to be supported onto their macs I am hesitant to start fooling with stuff like that.

Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 08:30 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,580,010 times
I have heard of MLS systems that are not Mac compatible. I think your only option is to run in Windows compatibility mode, or move to a Windows PC. Suggest you also call your MLS support team and discuss with them. They may have other suggestions as you are probably not the only one with this problem.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:49 AM

15,577 posts, read 40,430,010 times
You have to download the Mac program that allows virtual windows to run on your computer. I can't do my contracts on my mac either. Welcome to the seriously behind the curve world of real estate

Old 05-21-2010, 10:27 AM

I found a program called Crossover that works perfectly.
I was able to download Windows 7 and use the MLS no problem.

Thanks everyone.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:46 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,856,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
I found a program called Crossover that works perfectly.
I was able to download Windows 7 and use the MLS no problem.

Thanks everyone.
really? I also have a mac for transporting around and it stinks that I have not found a program compatible with ie.

Interestingly enough a few months ago, they rolled out our forms available on the mac though - which I thought perhaps was the first step towards the mls system going through ...

I'm going to check this out in a bit - is there a charge? for it?

thanks

Old 05-21-2010, 01:58 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,475,674 times
Our MLS is only compatible currently with Internet Explorer on PCs, so we are very limited.

I'm told though that they are making the next version compatable with Macs, and with other browsers, like Firefox.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:44 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,580,010 times
I'm glad we switched to FlexMLS - seems to be compatible with all popular browsers. The last one was not.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
really? I also have a mac for transporting around and it stinks that I have not found a program compatible with ie.

Interestingly enough a few months ago, they rolled out our forms available on the mac though - which I thought perhaps was the first step towards the mls system going through ...

I'm going to check this out in a bit - is there a charge? for it?

thanks
The first month is free, so you can try it out and see if it works for you on your Mac.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:00 AM

815 posts, read 2,998,404 times
Our MLS just added mac and firefox compatibly last week. Finally!! If you MLS is run by Rapattoni it probably mac compatible now. I hate windows and internet explorer because they can be so unreliable at times.

Before that I could access it with citrix irc client on my mac. Worked ok but I always had to download the pdf's to my mac to print them correctly (they would only print half of the sheet, right down the middle).

I think its a good thing that more RE software is starting to come the mac. I am finally seeing more mac's at my office. It will even help those that don't want mac's because it will help make RE software less backwards. I was shocked when I started RE how awful some software was (in some cases still is).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate