Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 01:03 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,392,786 times

Advertisements

The oddest factor is that it is ONE BEDROOM townhouse. I have seen high-end condos that only have one bedroom, but townhouse? Not in my memory bank... I mean even if the place was set-up with a big loft or den or home office of some other "flexible space" the requirements for it to be listed in MLS as 2Br were always there...

Even in a really "one off" kind of situation I would be very reluctant to but have a three-fixture (or more...) masterbath -- if that means stealing a bit of room from a closest of even moving the wall in the bedroom a bit I would think that sort of thing would be needed to keep the buyer pool from being far too narrow.

My wife and even her mother both much prefer showers to bath but if I were to try convincing either of them that a "car wash shower" would be a better use of the space they would NEVER go for it. You open a weird can of worms when you go against the norms -- folks start looking for excuses like "how quickly will we use hot water" , "is this going to be hard to keep clean" , "what REASONS did they do this for"...

Too unconventional is NEVER smart!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 05:12 PM

472 posts, read 855,032 times
I'd go with the tub. Even if people don't use it, they may have a dog that needs a wash from time to time, plus I think you'd severly limit your buying pool if there's no tub in the house.

The jazzy shower sounds fab, but I wouldn't buy your house if there was no tub, no matter how nice that shower is

Old 05-29-2010, 05:23 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
tub/shower//// even bachelor men like to soak now & then I imagine And what if a bachelorette is interested? Don't know about others, but shaving legs in a shower is a pita, at least for me;0

What do the other recently sold in the area have??

Old 05-29-2010, 06:29 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,690,784 times
Thanks for the input. We are going with a tub/shower combo!

Old 05-30-2010, 05:44 PM

380 posts, read 1,062,885 times
Motel 6 doesn't have tubs, neither do many homes in Mexico. Personally, the deluxe shower sounds great, but lack of tub will ultimately lower the value.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:51 AM

41,961 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokemaster View Post
Motel 6 doesn't have tubs
I don't clean my blinds at the Motel 6! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate