Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2010, 12:07 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times

Advertisements

yawn

Last edited by crazyma; 07-08-2010 at 12:16 PM..

Old 07-08-2010, 03:47 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,557,502 times
We finally received our part of the contract and got it signed today.
I'm kind of getting tired of all this rain in the south, but at least it's a smidge cooler.
I just had a really uncomfortable situation happen that I am gonna share. We have a contractor that we have used to do some work in our home including our media room addition. He is the owner of the company has always been just a bit too friendly with me, but always at my beck and call if we had any problems. Today I had him out to do a final check of our HVAC system before we have the inspection done next week. When he was done, he told me that he had something to tell me. He said that he loved me and has always loved me since the first day he met me. Ewww! I told him that I'm sorry he felt that way and that it was time for him to go. He said that he couldn't let me leave town without telling me this. Ugh. I couldn't get him out the door fast enough. Now I just feel ill. ~Creepy~

Old 07-08-2010, 04:12 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Good Golly Kandy...I understand this one better than most I am afraid I had a similiar situation with my HVAC guy a couple of months ago! Crazy is this just an occupational hazard thing or what, lol, ask your dh, lol..... But Kandy at least he said it with just words and not actions like mine!

Old 07-08-2010, 04:12 PM

OMG KANDY THAT is too creepy....well I have to say he had a pair...good thing you didn't bounce'em to where the sun don't shine! Now, you should have said if you loved me , why did we pay all this $$$ to ya? Or, I hope your love for me got me a walloping good discount!!! OR how much stuff have you done that we didn't really need, just so you could come over here??!!!
Gee I would have loved to see your face when he came up with that comment! 'Sorry he felt that way'!!! oh the crazy man...what did he think , you were gonna throw yourself in his arms and ride off in the sunset??? He doesn't look like Ernst T Bass does he???
Lawsy I am rolling, I needed a good laugh today.
Seriously...not that funny really....him feeling that way...it is just him actually saying it to you!!!
Is your hubby gonna defend your honor??? or you keeping it q.t.?

OH GLAD you got the contract signed!!

Old 07-08-2010, 04:15 PM

Oh my I never thought about DH! will have to ask him how many times he has professed his undying love for his clients I know there was a certain gentleman whose house he was always leery to go to, ahahahah.

man you gals got guys hitting on ya, must be some hot mamas LOL

Old 07-08-2010, 04:34 PM

look y'all a lawnmower for rain or shine...we be covered whether the weatherman is right or wrong!!

CDCD is this yours ??? LOL

Old 07-08-2010, 04:58 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,557,502 times
How weird that you had a similar situation Painter! YIKES!! This guy has not charged us for a lot of the work he has done. Plus I didn't mention that he left me a $100 gift card to Starbuck today (He has done this before). Now he just called and said he left his flashlight here and wants to know when I will be home so he can pick it up. I told him it will be outside the door. He said mostly just wants to see me. I told him that it was not a good idea and that he is being inappropriate. He said he just can't help it. I put the flashlight outside. I am not answering the phone if he calls. ~GAG~ Seriously I am so creeped out right now. Of course my DH is out of town. Ugh.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:04 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Is this guy an independent or can you call his boss or maybe a wife? Then again maybe the law! Do you at least own a good pair of pointed cowboy boots?

Old 07-08-2010, 05:21 PM

Kandy! Oh my....uhhh don't want to alarm you & freak you out....., but I am always thinking crazy (shush you laughers)
but you don't think the guy has any kind of.... uhhhh......hidden cameras in your house do you????

I'm just a saying....

Old 07-08-2010, 06:36 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,944 times
Hi everyone,

I'm back from vacation and it was so great to see the kids, and other family members.

So happy to see we have another new camper...Hi Kandy! And glad to see old familiar faces...Hi Golddust! Congratulations on your contract Kandy.

Now, Painter and Kandy, what exactly did you ask the HVAC contractor to do? "Could you please come out and charge my system, and clean out my ductwork...it's been soooo long, and I'm so hot....please hurry".

Stoy, hope you're having fun with your family, and driving the golf cart around.

Crazyma, loved your pictures. Any news on the interested buyer?

CDCDguy, hope you're wearing a seatbelt when sleeping. Were you dreaming of something during the big fall...skydiving, perhaps?

Dogmom, was thinking of you when driving with two dogs in the car. The worst part was, one of them had really, really bad gas. Ugh.

Finally getting some badly needed rain here. Found only one science project...forgot to empty the coffee pot before vacation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate