Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 12:53 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,087 times

Advertisements

Cma, a showing!!??!!! wow, out of nowhere!!! wahoo!!!
Painter has it been 10 days? are those buyers back??

Old 06-13-2010, 03:07 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times
Stoy, she said probably next week, so of course have gone into getit show ready mode. I have been slacking lately, so playing catch up with soem stuff.
Love my hubby , he tries to help. But our idea of GOOD is 2 different things so I am finding do overs, ha

Old 06-13-2010, 04:09 PM

know what you mean!
Tambre, ugh on my herbs and tomatos! tomatos (tomatoes?) have flowered a while ago, i think we even bought em with flowers, but nothing else growing. herbs arent growing either. the sage came back a bit after being eaten. my jalepeno pepper came back and is a tiny leaf sticking out of the soil. even my petunias havent budged. guess neighbors were right, hard to grow anything

Old 06-13-2010, 07:07 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
Cma, a showing out of nowhere..I know what you mean about DH, my parents lived with us for quite a while until they left and came backto CA..when we would have a showing my mom's idea of good and mine were totally different..she would clean and I would have to go back over what she did, double the work...they never understood why we all had to leave for a showing or why it had to be spotless...bah.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:21 PM

Stoy, maybe next yr you can build you a lean to greenhouse for some herbs, etc. Somethign like this?? I have always wanted one My ex in laws were in the nursery biz, and had a good sized one but it was freestanding. They did cuttings from stock plants and then did hanging baskets, kind of a hobby. Loved that place, so warm in winter with all the plants....
I used do work at a nursery and worked with the interior group...the greenhouse was amazing...they grew tomatoes in the back for fun for lunch
http://www.sturdi-built.com/images/EMeierSoliteLT.jpg (broken link)

Yes this getting ready to maybe show is gonna be a buggabear. I don't think hubby understands how things get done and it ain't the little housekeeping faeries that come out at night!!! He only sees the big pic, not all the little details, course I am anal. DOGmom, must have been like having children underfoot!! thank goodness we are childfree zone.

Thanks for the reps ...from peeps here and peeps there...that have given me a star
Hugs to my best camper peeps!
BUT in my book EVERYONE is a star!!!! and I am repping as fast as I can heehee

yikes I gotta get to bed- big long week

Old 06-14-2010, 03:31 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,702,233 times
HA ha ha, you guys are funny! The movers came Friday. Most everything is gone. I still have a few hours of cleaning to do, but I have until tomorrow to finish. Worked a lot this weekend. Seemed like I would never get this done, but it is all coming together. The closing is tomorrrow at 4pm. I am already at the hotel. I will enjoy it once I get this last work out of the way!

Old 06-14-2010, 08:27 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
Hi all, Yep it feels like 10 days have gone by since this started but...NOPE! Haven't heard yet if it will be this Sat or Sun, that is IF it happens at all. Not being a doomer just realistic, lol, but I am going to be ready. She saw it before when it wasn't "show ready" so maybe being ready will do the trick.

C'ma, That is a preettyy neat star you got there...Congrats! What took you so dang long,hahah Dont cha love the getting ready mode, it sure makes you notice stuff that you normally ignore or turn the blind eye to! I have to wonder if anyone really notices if the stupid baseboards are clean?

Stoy, Is it the soil or the weather that makes things so difficult for you? When I moved here I was told my roses wouldn't work here...ya right I have cut roses all the way to Christmas some times.

CDCD, So are you really ready to live out of a suitcase? I get the whole idea behind it but how long can you stand it? I would/will sooo enjoy it too once the funds hit for sure!

Dogmom, How are you doing with the whole settlin' in venture? Are you now able to enjoy that back patio completely? I was reading your post about the difference between you and your mom. My mom liked clutter and all the cutesy stuff all around, she liked living with clean chaos. The battles we would be having right now, OMG! Then again I would welcome it now..........

Old 06-14-2010, 08:50 AM

Painter, not sure, i think both. no, think definitely soil. no, because the herbs and tomatoes are in pots, big pots, using miracle gro soil. who knows!
CD what kind of hotel are you at? high end? one with free breakfast??!! or one with free cookies in the afternoon??!!!
Tambre, has it cooled down yet?

Old 06-14-2010, 09:18 AM

CDCD- glad to see you didn't pack yourself after all some of us are real envious of you right now---- that moving-on with you life thing!

okay- took a break, got to get back to it-need to do windows, they & blinds are dusty YUCK

Old 06-14-2010, 04:20 PM

gah no wonder people forclose...no showings and NO CLEANING
Well 3 rooms down and more to go
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate