Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2010, 05:33 PM

12,540 posts, read 2,130,506 times

Advertisements

Hi all. I posted that I made this on the "What's for dinner..." forum and had a request for the recipe. I saw this recipe from "Daisy Cooks" on PBS/Create Channel and found the recipe by using a search engine on the internet.

Spinach with Pine Nuts and Raisins (Espinacas al Estilo Daisy)

Makes 4 servings

1/4 cup raisins
3 T olive oil
4 cloves garlic, sliced
1/4 cup pine nuts
4 bunches (about 2 pounds) or two 10-ounce bags spinach, washed and dried, preferably in a salad spinner
A dash or two sherry vinegar
Fine sea or kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper

Pour enough hot water over the raisins in a small bowl to cover them. Let stand until plump, 20 minutes or so.

Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and pine nuts and cook, stirring, just until the pine nuts start to color. Add as much of the spinach as fits and stir until it is wilted enough to make room for more spinach. Keep going until all the spinach is added. Cook just until the spinach is wilted, but still bright green. Add vinegar, salt and pepper to taste and serve.
--------

I had to cut the recipe down for one large serving, but it still turned out good. I had to use the jarred minced garlic and I used balsamic vinegar (didn't have sherry vinegar).
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 05:51 PM

737 posts, read 2,581,207 times
Sounds good. Thanks. I would steep the raisins in some rum (dark) or brandy for 24 hours. I don't have a microwave so I do things the old fashioned way. Leaves a hint of flavor on the back of palate that no one will really understand unless they know.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:16 PM

3,059 posts, read 8,258,494 times
Thanks for this graytabbie - I was looking for a unique spinach recipe and am going to try this tonight (but will use walnuts instead as I have no pinenuts on hand).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes