Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 04:21 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,472,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Beans! There's another one for you. Most people don't eat them because they take so long to cook. Beans are cheap and a really healthy food.

I have a Cuisinart electric pressure cooker and I love it. Nothing burns and you don't have to worry about anything blowing up. It's best if you can soak dry beans overnight but you can skip the soaking if you have to. I can take beans from bag to plate in about 45 minutes.

Yea, you're right about beans, just don't put the ham in there with them. I have very rarely made split pea soup in my pressure cooker and yellow split peas take about 10 hours in the crock pot. So it is a help there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 05:41 PM

947 posts, read 3,409,000 times
Yes, I know, beans can be cooked in there... haven't done it yet tho

And rice, rice too, did that the other day, so I am just getting started with it...

BUT, I want to know how to cook a Plain, whole, skin still on chicken?

Anyone?

Water amount
Time
Setting...
Well I have a cooker, not the jiggle top

Thanks! Wan to do 2night, chicken is in fridge, waiting for me! Haha!

Old 11-30-2010, 08:02 PM

661 posts, read 1,251,145 times
Not sure I got that right but without the jiggle top it won't be under pressure.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:27 PM

947 posts, read 3,409,000 times
I have a Fagor, for the few times i have used it, i have liked it.
I have used jiggle top a long time ago, this one, after reading the info booklet is easy.
one pressure... high.

and it Is a pressure cooker, new kind... they say it is anyway

this is what I have...

Fagor Rapida Pressure Cooker

Old 12-01-2010, 08:50 AM

661 posts, read 1,251,145 times
Here's their recipe library, with the amounts of liquids to be used. By the way I love pressure cooking and I think it tastes great!

Fagor America : Pressure Cooker

Old 12-01-2010, 01:16 PM

61,705 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by need4Trees View Post
Hi there,
I just want to cook Chicken in a pressure cooker so it is faster and I am trying to get to know how to use a pressure cooker.

I will be cooking the chicken for kitties, not for me so i just want it to be Plain.

Anyone know the time to cook, how much water... etc?

thanks!

Clean your chicken, divide or put in whole,( remember that the cooker should be not filled up more than 2/3 rd its capacity), add 2 cups of water, add a spoon of salt, cook for about 20 minutes. ( if you want it really soft then add 2 more minutes)
Remember to be careful with the lid - before attempting to open the lid always make sure that all the steam has been released by lifting the pressure regulator/weight.

Try to cook " human" food in it! There are many benefits to using a pressure cooker, like reduced cooking time and better retention of vitamins and minerals.
I have one from Kuhn-Ricoh and I love to cook in it.

Here are some recipes, you will find exact amount of ingredients, fluids, settings and time for each recipe.
pressure cooker recipes
Pressure Cooker Recipes
Pressure Cooker Recipes - Allrecipes.com

The ULTIMATE Pressure Cooker Cooking Time Chart

Last edited by elnina; 12-01-2010 at 01:32 PM..

Old 09-04-2011, 12:47 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,825,817 times
Have you seen the new Silicone (I think) pressure cookers for the M/W oven? Wife bought us one and a couple extra for the kids I think!

Old 09-04-2011, 05:17 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Have you seen the new Silicone (I think) pressure cookers for the M/W oven? Wife bought us one and a couple extra for the kids I think!
Nope, sure haven't! I am off to search those out. Google here I come!

Old 09-04-2011, 12:30 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,825,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Nope, sure haven't! I am off to search those out. Google here I come!
Here it is! Wife cooked chicken in less than 8 minutes.
Microwave Pressure Cooker!

We also have a stainless digital model from Cook Essential. (Not M/V)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes