U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2011, 12:23 PM

14,534 posts, read 16,698,675 times

Advertisements

This is my own original recipe.

Ingredients:

4 pork chops about 8 oz. each
1 T. curry powder
olive oil for sauté
4 pineapple rings, canned (in pineapple juice)
4 t. brown sugar
1-2 C. Madeira or sweet Marsala wine
½-¾ C. whipping cream or heavy cream

Method:

Sprinkle pork chops on both sides with curry powder. Heat a small mount of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and lightly brown the pork chops on both sides. Top each pork chop with a pineapple ring, sprinkle some sugar in each ring hole, add the juice from the canned pineapple rings and enough wine to cover the chops about half way. Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 40 minutes or until the pork chops are tender. While cooking add wine as necessary to maintain liquid level. Do not turn them over.

Remove the pork chops from the pan and reserve in a warm oven. Increase the heat, reduce the liquid and deglaze any bits or browning in the pan. I often add additional wine, sometimes a significant amount, to increase flavor concentration. Continue reducing while gradually adding the cream and stirring until you achieve a nice, moderately thick sauce. Note that while bubbling the sauce may appear to be thicker than it will be after removing it from the heat.

Plate the pork chops or put them in a serving dish and pour the sauce over. Enjoy!

Note: A more detailed version of this recipe appears on my website which you can locate via my C-D member profile. The recipe appears in two formats, my older style index page or my newer blog (link near top of page). I recommend you will probably prefer to find the blog version (for appearance) although the recipes are the same otherwise.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 09:01 PM

21,347 posts, read 7,742,211 times
Sure sounds yummy!!!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes