Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 03:47 AM

3 posts, read 40,461 times

Advertisements

I am very much interested on drinking fresh fruit juice, wanting to learn Juicing recipes. I kinda started drinking fresh juices lately, and like to try veggies too, but the only problem I see is that I might need some ingredients to get along with the juice, I don't think I can drink vegetable juices, has any one of you tried drinking juice from veggies? If you have any recipes you can share, I'd be very happy to try. Thanks a bunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 07:46 AM

44,352 posts, read 20,056,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnram View Post
I am very much interested on drinking fresh fruit juice, wanting to learn Juicing recipes. I kinda started drinking fresh juices lately, and like to try veggies too, but the only problem I see is that I might need some ingredients to get along with the juice, I don't think I can drink vegetable juices, has any one of you tried drinking juice from veggies? If you have any recipes you can share, I'd be very happy to try. Thanks a bunch.
I think Cunucu Beach drinks stuff like that. I'll DM her and give her a heads-up about this thread, shawnram. Perhaps she'll have some advice for you.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:24 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
Hi, Shawn, and welcome to CD. Thanks, PJ8 for the DM about this thread.

First off, are you juicing your own foods or buying fresh juices in a health food store? What kind of juicer are you using? (Not that it makes much difference--all kinds give you juice.) Or are you using a blender to just mix up everything together?

I really like fresh carrot juice--it's sweet as carrots have a lot of sugar in them. However, it takes a lot of carrots to give you much juice, since most vegetables don't have as much water in them as do fruits. If you mix fruit juices with vegetable juices, it usually gives you a better flavor because fruits have more sugar than vegetables. Many vegetables don't have all that much juice in them, like broccoli or peppers--they are mostly fiber. The pulpy fruits, like peaches and plums, are hard to juice with most juicers as a lot of the juice goes out with the pulp. Of course, citrus fruits should be reamed out with a citrus juicer.

Here are some sites that might be helpful to you.

Super Angel - Fresh Juicing (http://usjuicers.com/Liv_FreshJuicing.html - broken link)

Juicing for health

Dr. DeFabio's Fresh Raw Juicing

"Juicing Book" at juicingbook.com ? Juice ? Juicing ? Juice Recipes ? Vegetable Juice - Fruit Juice

Homemade Fruit Juice Recipes

Vegetable Fruit Juice Recepies

I hope this will be helpful to you and good luck with your juicing!!

Good luck.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:12 AM

3 posts, read 40,461 times
Hello Cunucu, yes, I am using juicer that gives out only the juice, it extracts the juice from pulps.., we juice fresh carrots, and blend with apple juice, all fresh. Thanks for the links that you gave.. I really appreciate them... Mother would be glad to have lots of Juicing recipes now.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:50 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
Default Please share your juicing recipes!

Morning all. I just got a new juicer. I had been juicing three years ago or so but I just remember the basic blends.....

Care to share some of your favs??? =)

Old 05-09-2012, 02:06 PM

61,691 posts, read 87,077,794 times
What kind of juicer you have?? I am asking, because some juicers do a better than the others with less juicy stuff like bananas...

Old 05-11-2012, 02:17 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
A breville juice fountain plus

Old 08-28-2012, 09:50 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,950,796 times
I have been blending with a Vitamix and decided to juice also. I have the Omega 8006 and basically use the recipe (Green Juice) from Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. It has everthing in it I want.

I also like a sweet juice which is a bunch of carrots, 1 apple, and 2 oranges. You can add ginger and 1/2 lemon to this also. Tonight I decided to add a handful of spinach to this and it was awsome.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:11 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,432,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
What kind of juicer you have?? I am asking, because some juicers do a better than the others with less juicy stuff like bananas...
I've kinda owned them all over the years, but currently own a Breville High Power Blender and Juice Plus, and an Omega 8004.

Bananas don't juice, but they do blend. Best is to throw them into a high speed blender like BlendTech or VitaMix with some liquid. Same for other soft stuff like berries.

Centrifugal juicers like the Breville Juice Plus are best for hard fruits and veggies like apples and carrots and beets and such. They use sharp little rasp teeth on a rotary place to grind the food up, and high speed rotary force to sling the juice away for collection. They are much faster than auger juicers, but leave a wetter pulp.

"Masticating auger" juicers like the Omega 8004 and the newer 8006, and the older Champion can also chew up firm foods like apples and carrots with their rotating auger, but are much slower to do so. And because they press the pulp against a perforated screen under pressure, they are more productive, leaving a dryer pulp, but they are much slower. Where they excel are in juicing leafy greens and wheatgrass and ginger, where the high pressure forces the juice out of the tough cellulose matrix.

Each serves a different purpose.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:11 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,151,520 times
Wow, sad that no one answered you when you first posted it. Then again, I don't think it's common to own a juicer. You could try Google.

Here's one result:

7 Nutrition-Rich Juice Recipes - Health.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes