Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2011, 03:44 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times

Advertisements

Recipe's - I would love if more baking recipe's were descriptive of the final product - because how else are you supposed to chose from all the recipes out there? Like - this is a dense moist cake or this is a dryer crumb or this is very sweet, or not or good for......

I am trying to find a cupcake recipe I like (one with a simple ingredient list) and honestly there are like a billion out there and I've found that a lot of reviews can't be trusted and that internet recipe's sometimes have mistakes.
I'm paralyzed by the choices and don't feel like baking my way through 5 recipe's.

I look at recipe ooks and they are just a list of ingredients and basic instructions. Not even, room temperature eggs and butter or cream the butter or don't cream the butter because that will make things too something.

I do recognize that taste is subjective and one persons "everyone loves my" may not be for me. But I would appreciate more info.

Just saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 09:25 AM

50,339 posts, read 63,906,560 times
I would not use a random recipe from the internet, but for something like cupcakes I would use a Martha Stewart recipe. You know that woman can make a cupcake.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:57 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,420,591 times
There are plenty of reliable recipe sites on the internet.
You cant trust every single review you read, but if a recipe has multiple good reviews it's a better chance it will be good.
Also you have to keep in mind that for some people following what may be a simple recipe to you or someone else, may not be so simple for them..
Lets face it there are some people that cant cook or follow simple directions.
There are also others who dont take baking as the science it is and may not use an exact measurment..
Therefore their review of an otherwise good recipe, may not be so good.

But you are right if someone is posting something online they should be very descriptive of the steps to take.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:47 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
I love Cook's Illustrated Magazine, and America's Test Kitchen, they usually have the best recipes for everything, with easy directions. They have out a new magazine called "Cook's Country" that had some excellent recipes for cupcakes, you can get a free copy at this website Cook's Country - Recipes That Work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes