U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2018, 01:37 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,445,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Isn't saying you don't want to make mexican food with tortillas like saying you don't want to make italian food with pasta?

I make tacos out of any one of mix of the following: marinated steak, chicken, shrimp, leftover roast beef, ground beef, canned beans, homemade beans, avocado, cheese.. The seasonings and other toppings are up to you so make it taste as "non-mexican" as you like. A taco is just anything wrapped in a tortilla.

I've made the layered casserole thing with refried beans, corn tortillas, cheese, and chicken.. pretty good, not my favorite.

Flour tortillas make nice wrap sandwiches (try asian seasoned meatballs with shredded cabbage and plum sauce.. oy).
This. I'm not on the wrap sandwich bandwagon, but I don't need to watch carbs. Chilaquiles are great, and I do apologize if someone else has mentioned them:

Chipotle Chilaquiles Recipe - Rick Bayless | Food & Wine

You can make this egg dish in many ways; I prefer chilaquiles verdes. Migas are also great; those are more of a Texas thing than a Mexican one:

Migas Recipe - Genius Kitchen

You can sub staling corn tortillas for the chips in the above, and it should work fine.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 07:57 AM

4,282 posts, read 2,120,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
This. I'm not on the wrap sandwich bandwagon, but I don't need to watch carbs. Chilaquiles are great, and I do apologize if someone else has mentioned them:

Chipotle Chilaquiles Recipe - Rick Bayless | Food & Wine

You can make this egg dish in many ways; I prefer chilaquiles verdes. Migas are also great; those are more of a Texas thing than a Mexican one:

Migas Recipe - Genius Kitchen

You can sub staling corn tortillas for the chips in the above, and it should work fine.
LOVE chilaquiles! One of my favorite things to fix for breakfast or lunch. I do have to watch carbs so I normally tear half of a corn tortilla and fry it with some onions and whatever peppers are on hand, then add eggs to cook, and grated cheese at the end. Super simple!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes