Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 12:46 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times

Advertisements

O.K.... so I dug my waffle iron out of the depths of one of my kitchen cabinets and feel pretty motivated to make waffles for breakfast tomorrow.

I am debating between buying a box of pancake mix or making the batter from scratch.

Yeah, I know homemade tastes best so I'd like to know if anyone has any favorite recipes for fluffy homemade waffles they would like to share.

Or, if you'd like to share which of the best tasting pre-made mixes that you like to use.

Thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 12:54 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,564,915 times
I use to make waffles when the girls were little a lot. I used bisquick

enjoy ...I added cinnamon, bananas anything you would like

Old 05-11-2011, 10:36 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,269,932 times
I need a really good recipe, also.
I used Bisquick...they were ho-hum tp me.
I LOVE IHOPS waffles.
Homemade is the way to go. Someone told me she uses eggs and a whipped egg white that she folds in. That might be the key, not sure.
I had a waffle yesterday with strawberries...no syrup. It was great.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:43 PM

512 posts, read 947,952 times
Krusteaz Pancake and waffle mix is the best! Just add water and a liitle oil for delicious waffles e sry time

Old 05-16-2011, 08:32 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palenaka View Post
Krusteaz Pancake and waffle mix is the best! Just add water and a liitle oil for delicious waffles e sry time
I second this. But the Krusteaz Belgian Waffle mix, is even better!

Old 05-16-2011, 10:52 PM

682 posts, read 2,423,199 times
This is a good one:

3 eggs
1-½ cups buttermilk
1-¾ cups flour
2 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
½ t salt
½ cup vegetable oil
1. Heat waffle iron. Beat eggs; beat in remaining ingredients until smooth.
2. Pour batter from cup or pitcher onto center of hot waffle iron. Bake about 5 minutes or until steaming stops. Remove waffle carefully.

If you like a malty waffle, you can add some malt syrup (available at home beer-brewing stores). Experiment to taste. Williams-Sonoma has a pretty good mix, but it's expensive. If you've ever had a hotel continental breakfast waffle, it was probably a mix from Carbon's: http://shop.goldenmalted.com/.

Old 07-23-2020, 10:39 AM

305 posts, read 294,791 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3pWatIxoTI

Old 07-23-2020, 10:50 AM

2,103 posts, read 1,932,938 times
Here is a waffle recipe which we have been using for many years. We serve the waffles with butter, maple syrup and crushed or sliced fruits (blueberries, raspberries or strawberries).

Waffle recipe

Ingredients:

3 eggs, 1/3 c oil,1 ½ c milk, 2 tsp sugar, ½ t salt, ½ tsp vanilla

2 c flour (note: we use whole wheat pastry flour which gives extra flavor), 2 tsp baking soda,

Instructions:

Separate egg yolks and whites.

Beat egg yolks, mix in oil, salt, sugar, milk and vanilla

Mix flour, baking soda in a separate bowl. Pour liquid mixture slowly in dry mixture and mix well.

Beat egg whites until fluffy. Fold gently in the wet mixture.

Last edited by BellaDL; 07-23-2020 at 11:41 AM..

Old 07-23-2020, 02:09 PM

32,643 posts, read 48,028,221 times
An extremely good waffle recipe is H.R.M.'s waffles. It should come up if you google it.

Old 07-23-2020, 02:18 PM

4,384 posts, read 4,388,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by figmalt View Post
This is a good one:

3 eggs
1-½ cups buttermilk
1-¾ cups flour
2 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
½ t salt
½ cup vegetable oil
1. Heat waffle iron. Beat eggs; beat in remaining ingredients until smooth.
2. Pour batter from cup or pitcher onto center of hot waffle iron. Bake about 5 minutes or until steaming stops. Remove waffle carefully.

If you like a malty waffle, you can add some malt syrup (available at home beer-brewing stores). Experiment to taste. Williams-Sonoma has a pretty good mix, but it's expensive. If you've ever had a hotel continental breakfast waffle, it was probably a mix from Carbon's: http://shop.goldenmalted.com/.
I use malt powder. In our store it is near the chocolate powder you put in milk.

We like homemade blueberry syrup on ours:

1C fresh blueberries
1C sugar
1C water
1t lemon juice

mix sugar and water in saucepan and warm until sugar dissolves. Add berries and bring to boil. Boil for 15 minutes whisking often. Remove from heat and add lemon juice. let cool to room temp and it will thicken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes