Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 02:47 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,422,203 times

Advertisements

For the first time ever I created my own recipe. Seeing as how I've only been cooking for about 6 months I was floored at how amazing it came out. I looked up all kinds of recipes on line to get a general idea of how a recipe should be put together and then started playing with the amounts of what went in and added some ingredients, removed others, etc. Anyway, this is what I came up with:

In first bowl:
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Second bowl:
1/2 cup butter
1-1/2 cup cream cheese
1-1/4 cup sugar

Mix in third bowl and then add to second bowl:
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup milk

After bowl three is mixed into bowl two really well, add in the dry ingredients into the bowl too. Once everything is really well blended, add in 2 cup of pecans totally chopped super fine (I bought the smallest diced pecans I could find them dumped them in a ziploc baggie and used a rolling pin to finish smashing them) and one ounce of raisins. I also added 1/2 cup rum, but that's optional. I just like the taste of rum in a cake.

Pour into a greased a 8x10 pan (I used 2 round cake pans instead) and bake in a 350 degree oven. It took mine about half an hour, maybe a little less. After it cooled I boiled 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup milk in a small pot on the stove until it had reduced some, let it cool really well and then drizzled it over the top. It turned out fantastic! Probably 9 million calories per bite, but worth every bit!

I had some much fun playing with this recipe I'm thinking of messing around with some others now. Maybe some of my bread recipes since they're my favorite anyway!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 03:07 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Excellent. I love that Almond filling for coffee cakes, and the poppy seed is yummy too. I just spread it around in the batter. It is made by Solo.

Old 05-26-2011, 03:08 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,663,793 times
yummy daddy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes