U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 10:55 PM

5,008 posts, read 11,264,674 times

Advertisements

Here's one I made last night: Rum Dubonnet

1 3/4 oz. rum (I like Bacardi for this one)
1/4 oz. Dubonnet Rouge (a sweet wine made from fruit, since it's French, it's called an apertif)
splash of lemon juice

Mix into a shaker over ice and strain out into a cocktail glass. Delicious.

Now with the Dubonnet there's many cocktails you can make with fruit juice and just the dubonnet. I like mixing 1 oz. of Dubonnet with apple juice the most.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 10:42 PM

OK who doesn't like a Black and Tan? 1/2 stout, typically guiness, and 1/2 an pale ale or for a Half and Half, use 1/2 pale lager instead.

Just don't order it in Ireland ... the Black and Tans have a bad reputation to put down the start of the Irish revolution in the 1920s.

But who's ever tried a Black velvet?

1/2 Guiness stout
1/2 apple cider

This makes a poor man's black velvet. Substitute the cider with sparkling wine, like Mumm's, for a rich man's black velvet.

You can layer these by carefully pouring the lower alcohol content first, then the higher. Guiness is surprisingly light for a beer, so make sure whichever you have as the other half, to pour later. But in reality, mixing isn't bad, and even if you do layer it, it's all mixed up after the first sip.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:23 PM

I'm continuing to explore Gin-based drinks and today's no different:

Martinet:

2 parts Gin
1 part lime juice
1 dash vermouth

(Note: if you like stronger drinks, make it with 3/4 part lime juice, going less will make it very strong).

Pour contents into a shaker and either stir or shake. Strain into a cocktail glass and enjoy! Maybe this is just me, but when the drink warmed up a bit, it added depth. Or maybe it was the alcohol talking. Man, gin is evil with me.

Now here's one of my favorites, and it's got a fancy name:

Coronation:

equal parts Vermouth, Gin, and Dubonnet Rouge

Pour into a glass with ice and stir. DELICIOUS!

Old 06-08-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Golden Delicious:

1 1/2 oz of Laird's Apple Jack
3/4 oz of lemon juice
3/4 oz of honey syrup

Combine over ice, shake well, and strain into a cocktail glass.
Kinda sweet for my taste, but it's good! My wife, who likes sweet drinks, thinks it tastes kinda like this one Russian honey based sherry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes