Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2011, 08:20 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,759,064 times

Advertisements

Okay, so here's the recipe. I hope whoever requested it sees this. I'm sorry I'm such a ditz.

Southern Peach Cobbler
4 cups fresh peaches, sweetened to taste
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter
3/4 cup self rising flour
3/4 cup milk

Melt butter in a medium sized baking dish (I use 8x10) while preheating the oven to 350. Mix together sugar, flour, and milk and pour into melted butter in baking dish. Arrange peach slices over the mixture. You can lightly sprinkle with additional sugar if you like (I usually don't). Bake for 1 hour. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 12:48 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,267,326 times
Your not a Ditz, silly. Whomever requested the recipe...they'll get it & anyone & everyone else that wants it. I'm always having comp. issues like you had so join my club. LOL...
Thank you for posting your recipe.
Do you have any suggestions for a crust for the bottom & top for a cobbler recipe ?

Old 07-09-2011, 06:37 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillypups View Post
Your not a Ditz, silly. Whomever requested the recipe...they'll get it & anyone & everyone else that wants it. I'm always having comp. issues like you had so join my club. LOL...
Thank you for posting your recipe.
Do you have any suggestions for a crust for the bottom & top for a cobbler recipe ?
With the recipe above the self rising flour and ingredients will work together, the flour will rise and the crust will be yummy on top!

Old 07-09-2011, 08:18 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,071,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
Okay, so here's the recipe. I hope whoever requested it sees this. I'm sorry I'm such a ditz.
Woo-hoo, that was me that asked for it, Debz...and you're not a ditz. Thanks so much for the recipe. I can't wait to try it. I think I see what I've been doing wrong. I was using a 9x13 instead of an 8x10 and I just couldn't get it to come out right. I'm going to try it this way.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:10 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,759,064 times
Yes, I do not make any kind of crust. The batter rises up, and while it does not completely cover the peaches, it forms a crust around them. I have never done a cobbler with an actual pie type crust on the bottom or top. To me those kinds of cobblers are really nothing but a big square pie. I love them, but I've never been very good at making pie crust, and I really like this kind of cobbler too. You can also use frozen peaches. I just take one bag of frozen peaches, dump them in a bowl, sprinkle with a bit of sugar and let them thaw. Then I just make the cobbler like the recipe says. The original recipe said you could used canned as well, but I've never tried it. Not a fan of canned peaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes