U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2011, 05:44 PM

12 posts, read 15,234 times

Advertisements

Enchiladas

1-1/2 lbs hamburger

1 small can enchilada mild sauce

1 can refried beans

1 medium can of chili

2 cups of shredded cheese

Brown hamburger and drain. Add beans and sauce heat and stir real good. Turn oven on 375. Fill tortillas with big spoon full. Roll up and put in 9x13 pan. When that is ready, put in oven until tortillas are brown on edges. Heat chili while they are browning, then put chili and cheese on top put back in oven until melted.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 07:14 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,837,033 times
Sounds good. What brand of chili do you use. Thanks

Old 09-24-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Sounds good. What brand of chili do you use. Thanks
It is Hormel chili without beans. :-)

Old 09-25-2011, 01:03 AM

16,483 posts, read 13,871,231 times
Sunflowergirl ~ I love your recipe for enchiladas and I intend on trying it out as soon as possible! I'll love it!
By the way, I have used the can of Hormel No-Beans chili as the meat in my crunchy tacos!
I thought about it and tried it....really good! Much cheaper than making the seasoned ground beef, too!
Thanks for the yummy meal I'm gonna have!
.................................................. .....................~rainroosty~................. ....................

Old 09-25-2011, 09:52 AM

10,135 posts, read 24,466,026 times
IMHO, the trouble with enchiladas is they are so boring. Mexican food is . . .well . . . Mexican. They don't have much to work with so you end up with these recipes based ground meat, beans, and some tomato sauce.

How about some Chorizo, cilantro, jalapenos, roasted sweet peppers, cucumber.

Or what about fish enchiladas. Fish tacos have just about beat beef tacos out of every good restaurant that has a taco on the menu.

I just find the formulaic beef, beans, and tomato so boring. But then I'm not really a fan of generic Mexican food period.

Sunflower Girl's recipe above is as good as it gets for a generic enchilada, no offense to her. She does a great service for an easy recipe for a person who would eat an enchilada at a fast food restaurant. they will love it. It will be 100 times better than Taco Bell. I'm just in a bad mood because I have no energy to make something exciting for lunch.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:32 PM

114,752 posts, read 57,221,686 times
I'm sure this recipe will taste fine. Just sounds more like the makings of a burrito. I live in Enchiladas heart land.. No refried beans in our enchiladas. I always make a sauce for the enchiladas which have only cheese inside. Wife demands the chili also ...so I make a chili to add. I bake the enchiladas in the sauce. Just enough to melt all the cheese. Yes Wilson, enchiladas are a more bland type of Mexican. I assure you we use Cilantro, peppers, onions , garlic etc in most of our Mexican dishes. Cucumber? Fish tacos Fish enchiladas...? I agree this recipe is more for Taco Bell enthusiasts. Our closest one died. The only canned enchilada sauce I'd buy is the green sauce. I've experimented with green enchiladas lately. Thanks for the recipe Sunflower girl sounds good.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:40 PM

16,483 posts, read 13,871,231 times
I, too, will make it without the beans....I don't like beans. I don't do the cucumber or the fish!

Old 09-27-2011, 12:28 PM

I don't like go out to eat Mexican restaurant. I like homemade foods at home. I love cooking.

Wilson, Fish tacos and Fish Enchiladas, Yikes!!! I never heard of it.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:32 PM

11,715 posts, read 18,621,916 times
Wilson, that's not Mexican food, that's just how many Americans make Mexican food.

My favorite beef tacos are not the ground beef kind.. I'm making them tonight.. shredded roast beef (chuck is best) makes a wonderful filling. I don't season the meat much when cooking so it's versatile. That's what the hot sauce (usually homemade) is for!!

I'm too taco obsessed to have much room for enchiladas... sorry..

Old 09-27-2011, 05:05 PM

23,417 posts, read 33,258,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowergal View Post
I don't like go out to eat Mexican restaurant. I like homemade foods at home. I love cooking.

Wilson, Fish tacos and Fish Enchiladas, Yikes!!! I never heard of it.
Fish tacos are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
They are actually more of a SO Cali/ Baja Cali kind of thing.......heres a really good recipe, the key is the beer batter, we add avocado also;

Baja Style Fish Tacos Recipe : Marcela Valladolid : Food Network
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes