Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 12:47 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,797,784 times

Advertisements

Share your best chocolate chip cookie recipe?-5b10d992-6412-493a-8bd8-ae2058f94d7e.jpeg

Photo of cookies on a dinner plate. They are huge!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2019, 12:34 PM

1,371 posts, read 651,489 times
Anybody interested in a white chocolate chip/macadamia nut recipe? I have to type it out so just asking first.

Old 06-10-2019, 12:50 PM

577 posts, read 483,757 times
I don't know what these in the pic are called but my Mom started baking them for me back in the 80's. She passed on the recipe to my wife 27 years ago, so she could keep making them for me. What a good Mom she was to me.

A glass of cold milk and they are a chocoholics dream. We just call them chocolate oatmeal cookies. Does anyone know their real name ?

Last edited by greglovesoldtrucks; 06-11-2019 at 06:49 PM..

Old 06-10-2019, 12:57 PM

26,634 posts, read 28,423,267 times
The recipe on the Nestles chocolate chip bag is the best, I think. That's all I've ever used, it's what my mother always used. But if I made them now, I would eat the whole thing. It's better when there are other people in the house to eat them before you can.

Old 06-10-2019, 01:15 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,018,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
The recipe on the Nestles chocolate chip bag is the best, I think. That's all I've ever used, it's what my mother always used. But if I made them now, I would eat the whole thing. It's better when there are other people in the house to eat them before you can.
I posted upthread that I like the Nestle's bag recipe too, although I often switch out some of the chocolate chips with M&Ms.

You can freeze the raw cookie dough - split it into enough to make 2 or 3 cookies and bake them in the toaster oven.

Old 06-10-2019, 01:31 PM

32,480 posts, read 47,415,214 times
The Tollhouse recipe is the best one. I add some pecans to the dough.

To get the cookies thin, use real butter, Dough with butter will spread more. I also short the recipe by a tablespoon or two of flour. That makes them spread more and makes the edges crisp.

I take them out of the oven when the middle in not cooked through. They finish cooking from the heat of the cookie sheet and end up crisp on the edge and gooey in the middle.

You can add different types of nuts. Pecans, walnuts, macadamia nuts, filberts.... You can use semisweet chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, M&M's. All of those work. I'm of the opinion that the more chocolate the better, but for a large batch, they are still delicious if the chocolate is a little bit stingy.

Old 06-11-2019, 04:41 AM

935 posts, read 809,264 times
A couple of years ago I stumbled across the recipe from America's Test Kitchen for the "Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie." It has been reprinted in at least two of their cookbooks, Cook It In Cast Iron and Cook's Country. This is now my absolute favorite go-to recipe when I want chocolate chip cookies. You need a 12-inch cast iron skillet to make it.

I hate to admit this, but I could eat this whole cookie by myself. Just give me a glass of milk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snrzNNqSdec

Old 06-12-2019, 01:07 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,646,934 times
I use the recipe on the chocolate chips bag.

Old 06-12-2019, 01:55 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,464,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post

To get the cookies thin, use real butter, Dough with butter will spread more. I also short the recipe by a tablespoon or two of flour. That makes them spread more and makes the edges crisp.

I take them out of the oven when the middle in not cooked through. They finish cooking from the heat of the cookie sheet and end up crisp on the edge and gooey in the middle.

You can add different types of nuts. Pecans, walnuts, macadamia nuts, filberts.... You can use semisweet chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, M&M's. All of those work. I'm of the opinion that the more chocolate the better, but for a large batch, they are still delicious if the chocolate is a little bit stingy.

Exactly. People go nuts & want my special recipe. It is a cut-out tollhouse recipe from an old nestle chip bag!

You can also bang the pan to make them drop, if they haven't. The main trick to chewy is to melt the butter first. & I always use real vanilla extract or vanilla paste for best flavor. My family likes traditional chips, but I sometimes also add chunks of chocolate. I really like them with pecans for variety.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:29 PM

668 posts, read 463,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post

I sometimes put 2 types of chips and 1 type of nuts in that recipe. But that's the one....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes